Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oh how we used to dominate butts in seats

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
Chinteresting twat here from West Coast CFB...

So, we've? led the Pac 13 tims in attendance since 1978 and am guessing the last tim would have been in 2000 or 2001. So, basically 56% of the first 23 years of the Pac 10's existence. And for the first 10 years of that run, HS had about 32,000 less/fewer?? seats than the Coliseum or the Rose Bowl.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    ASSu?

That's a blackeye for the Pac if I ever saw one.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    dnc said:

ASSu?

I was surprised to see this, but they've had the 3rd or 4th largest venue in the league - depending on the year - for a long time + some decent seasons.

I remain convinced that ASU with an elite coach could contend for a CFP spot.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

dnc said:

ASSu?

I was surprised to see this, but they've had the 3rd or 4th largest venue in the league - depending on the year - for a long time + some decent seasons.

Before the cardinals came ASU was the only game in town (and actually good) and sold out pretty much every game.

So I imagine this is mostly in the 80s.

Who else would there even be in the PAC? No one else had a big stadium or was any good ever.

dnc said:

ASSu?

Before the cardinals came ASU was the only game in town (and actually good) and sold out pretty much every game.

Who else would there even be in the PAC? No one else had a big stadium or was any good ever.
    Cal and Old Stanford are/were big stadiums, but NOC.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

dnc said:

ASSu?

Stanford's old stadium held 85k+ and Cal Memorial held 75k. Neither were good enough to sell out consistently though.

dnc said:

ASSu?

Stanford's old stadium held 85k+ and Cal Memorial held 75k. Neither were good enough to sell out consistently though.
    So Stanford down sized and is still 81% empty

What a waste of a GOOD program under Shaw
    What a fucking embarrassment. Black eye for Trump Larry Scott.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,401 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doesn't ASU also have like 100,000 undergrads or something?
    Squirt said:

* sees thread entitled "... how we used to dominate butts in seats"
    * mind races wild with excitement
    * clicks on thread
    * sees pictures of stadia and stats about attendance at football games
    * feels heart-crushingly disappointed

Sorry Piss Jr. No matter how I hard I try, I'll never be able to pull off a proper ring sting type of poast.

Doesn't ASU also have like 100,000 undergrads or something?

We weren't a big school back when we were good.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

dnc said:

ASSu?

So Stanford down sized and is still 81% empty

What a waste of a GOOD program under Shaw
    UW fans were as loud at the game last year as Stanford was. Some points louder. I didn't believe it but their fans are awful. I didn't even get shit from anyone for wearing my UW gear.
  • SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221

dnc said:

ASSu?

Cal and Old Stanford are/were big stadiums, but NOC.
    Truth.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

UO Duck Girl already rushed to tweet how great Oregon's performance in this metric is!

not sure or don't care who first mentioned it but are they not showing the size of their vaginas in that picture?