Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cavs Gonna Cav

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited July 2018 in Payton's Place
Extend Kevin Love. 4 years $120 million.

He already lacks athleticism and can't guard anyone. It's only going to get worse as he ages.

It was over when LeBron left. Blow it up, although they still would do that wrong too.

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2018

Extend Kevin Love. 4 years $120 million.

He already lacks athleticism and can't guard anyone. It's only going to get worse as he ages.

It was over when LeBron left. Blow it up, although they still would do that wrong too.

When @backthepack is @RaceBannon 's age the Cavs still will have never won anything of note post Bron. It's over Cleveland. Go back to sucking forever now.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cleveland will join Portland, 1976, and Seattle 1978, in fondly remembering their one title for the next century

It's an amazing title. They all count the same in the books, but they did beat a 73 win team after being down 3-1.
    Its the most fun I have had in the NBA Finals since the Heat beat SA
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656

Cleveland will join Portland, 1976, and Seattle 1978, in fondly remembering their one title for the next century

It's an amazing title. They all count the same in the books, but they did beat a 73 win team after being down 3-1.
    Mavs beating the Heat was a blast for me. I always rooted against LeBron until the 3-1 GS series, where he cemented himself as the GOAT.
    *GOAT for those in the league after 2001.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mavs beating the Heat was a blast for me. I always rooted against LeBron until the 3-1 GS series, where he cemented himself as the GOAT.
    *GOAT for those in the league after 2001.
    Fish on! @Tequilla, the bait has been dangled.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

The Sonics defeated Wes Unseld for their title. Pretty much the same thing, Roadie-san.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Blazers were down 0-2 to the first super team of the merger era, your Philadelphia Sixers
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,391
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don't think the signing is as bad as it appears at first blush. They kept the one tradeable asset they have and his numbers are going to be inflated next season. I would be shocked if he's there more than the next 1.5 years.

Also, teams have to hit a minimum threshold for spending against the cap (90%). They have room for the 19-20 season, and basically nobody aside from Love committed beyond then. No big name FA's are going to sign there.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    Y'all just haters on the crackers. You have NO idea what Kevin Love went through growing up on the mean streets of Lake Oswego. None.

Swaye's Wigwam
    We? spent every other Christmas in Lake O growing up. My uncle lived there on the golf course

#ThugLife
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    hes on a 5 year deal, that's the point. if they didn't extend him there would be a clock ticking on how much time they had left to trade him. now they have 5 years to decide what to do

if the clippers can trade blake griffin after signing him to an albatross, kevin love can (and probably will) be traded
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

hes on a 5 year deal, that's the point. if they didn't extend him there would be a clock ticking on how much time they had left to trade him. now they have 5 years to decide what to do

if the clippers can trade blake griffin after signing him to an albatross, kevin love can (and probably will) be traded

Blake Griffin is damaged goods, but he's still a lot better than Kevin Love.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018

I don't think the signing is as bad as it appears at first blush. They kept the one tradeable asset they have and his numbers are going to be inflated next season. I would be shocked if he's there more than the next 1.5 years.

Also, teams have to hit a minimum threshold for spending against the cap (90%). They have room for the 19-20 season, and basically nobody aside from Love committed beyond then. No big name FA's are going to sign there.

They already have a lot of bad contracts. JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, George Hill, Clarkson, Korver, etc. They are years away from hitting the minimum.

They should tank. Instead they will win 35-40 games this year and be in the late lottery.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

They already have a lot of bad contracts. JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, George Hill, Clarkson, Korver, etc. They are years away from hitting the minimum.

They should tank. Instead they will win 35-40 games this year and be in the late lottery.
    They're not winning 40 games.

I'd set the O/U at 30.

Agree they should tank.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Now that LeBron is gone, who cares?

Good point
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,391
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Those contracts come off the books by 2020. If they keep Love for the full length of his new deal they'll have a bunch of rookie/mid-level deals around him and be nowhere close to the 90% spending rule. That's why his deal isn't that bad.

But really, he's going to get traded this season after he puts up a 23/12/5 line.