Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Technically speaking I guess I screwed up the years of the war. But whatever.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2018
    Swaye said:

Well the unit is moving out and we are about to see battle against the Rebs. I hope to return to you someday

Your loving son, Josiah

My Dearest Martha

Well Colonel Jonathon Smith is back from the hospital and has been given command of our unit again. Much grumbling amongst the men at this news. I endeavor to give the man a fair chance but it is hard to forget the thousands of men he lost in his last battle.

He seems a frail man with limited intellect and a fastidious manner that rubs troops the wrong way. It is hard to fathom how such a great leader as our General Petersen would continue to inflict this man upon the troops he loves. The very balance of the war hinges on this next battle and we go into it with no confidence in our leader. This is not good Martha. I fear for our country.

Give my love to Jeremiah and Rachel and know that I will love you forever even though I am likely to not return from this damnable war.

As always
    Jacob Browning
    Private
    Washington 81st Infantry
    If you think you can find technically gifted writing of this caliber in other places, well, you are right. But fuck off anyway.
    For the record, the gifted scribe was Race Bannon.
  • BabushkaBabushka Member Posts: 211
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Well the unit is moving out and we are about to see battle against the Rebs. I hope to return to you someday

Your loving son, Josiah

My Dearest Martha

Well Colonel Jonathon Smith is back from the hospital and has been given command of our unit again. Much grumbling amongst the men at this news. I endeavor to give the man a fair chance but it is hard to forget the thousands of men he lost in his last battle.

He seems a frail man with limited intellect and a fastidious manner that rubs troops the wrong way. It is hard to fathom how such a great leader as our General Petersen would continue to inflict this man upon the troops he loves. The very balance of the war hinges on this next battle and we go into it with no confidence in our leader. This is not good Martha. I fear for our country.

Give my love to Jeremiah and Rachel and know that I will love you forever even though I am likely to not return from this damnable war.

As always
    Jacob Browning
    Private
    Washington 81st Infantry
    Must be a divvrent Jonathan Smith, this does not sound like an account vrom the Polish-Soviet War.