Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ride The Duck!

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    topdawgnc said:

salemcoog said:

phineas said:

DeepSeaZ said:

The fuck? Didn’t they have life preservers? How far from shore. That this could happen seems incredibly retarded.

I'm hearing they were very close to the dock actually. The storm came out of nowhere. Theres 10 dead and 14 missing now and i think there was about 31 people on it. Damn!
    You mean the storm that came out of nowhere 30 minutes after a severe thunderstorm alert was issued and they went out anyway.
    Seems like pretty cut and dry gross negligence.
    I bet there are some pretend lawyers just biting at the champ to sue.
    You know it! You are, after all, the limp who coined that phrase.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

phineas said:

DeepSeaZ said:

The fuck? Didn’t they have life preservers? How far from shore. That this could happen seems incredibly retarded.

I'm hearing they were very close to the dock actually. The storm came out of nowhere. Theres 10 dead and 14 missing now and i think there was about 31 people on it. Damn!
    You mean the storm that came out of nowhere 30 minutes after a severe thunderstorm alert was issued and they went out anyway.
    Hey rowboat, I'll do the pretend lawyering around here. Thank you very much.

Seems like gross negligence in my pretend expert opinion.
    Hey, man, I've won of these law suit thingies before. Plus I took some LSAT prep courses once.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

topdawgnc said:

salemcoog said:

phineas said:

DeepSeaZ said:

As they should. Those families can never be made whole, but in way our system works the only justice they can receive is monetary. Some insurance company is going to be writing some big checks, although I wonder how much liability a Duck Boat company has to carry.
    I'd be amazed if it was more than a $20million policy. We have national brand contractors that do much higher risk work that don't carry that big of a policy. Then again, who knows for a company that deals with water and on driving policies in one.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

topdawgnc said:

salemcoog said:

phineas said:

DeepSeaZ said:

As they should. Those families can never be made whole, but in way our system works the only justice they can receive is monetary. Some insurance company is going to be writing some big checks, although I wonder how much liability a Duck Boat company has to carry.
    I'd be amazed if it was more than a $20million policy. We have national brand contractors that do much higher risk work that don't carry that big of a policy. Then again, who knows for a company that deals with water and on driving policies in one.
    @creepycoug what's the average wrongful death settlement these days? $5 to $10 million-ish? If you have a boat that in theory could sink with 20 souls on board, you'd think they've have to carry a lot more than $20 million. But I'm not a pretend lawyer even though I play one at work sometimes.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

topdawgnc said:

salemcoog said:

phineas said:

DeepSeaZ said:

@creepycoug what's the average wrongful death settlement these days? $5 to $10 million-ish? If you have a boat that in theory could sink with 20 souls on board, you'd think they've have to carry a lot more than $20 million. But I'm not a pretend lawyer even though I play one at work sometimes.
    No idea. As I sit here and play securities and SEC for the man, I often wonder: would it be more fun to chase ambulances and fuck with people? And really get paid? Or do this?

Creep's the kind of guy who always took the relatively safe route. Such is my lot.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

topdawgnc said:

salemcoog said:

phineas said:

DeepSeaZ said:

No idea. As I sit here and play securities and SEC for the man, I often wonder: would it be more fun to chase ambulances and fuck with people? And really get paid? Or do this?

Creep's the kind of guy who always took the relatively safe route. Such is my lot.
    Any insider stock tips are always welcome Creep.

Good money in chasing them ambulances. BUT you gotta swing for the fences and hit some home runs.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Once creep gets his insider stock reads down, he'll get his Apple Cup bets paid off.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Simple as that.