Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I noticed my Shoppe has been re-branded from grunge to modal jazz now.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The Whims of Stalin
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Whims of Stalin
    I serve at the pleasure of the Dear Leader. Long live the proletarian revolution!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018
    Sadly, I don't listen to early MD much. Mostly KOB and then everything from 1966- 75.
    Founders Club

Sadly, I don't listen to early MD much. Mostly KOB and then everything from 1966- 75.

In the wee hours I love listening to Charlie Parker's late 1940s version of My Old Flame
    Swaye's Wigwam

In the wee hours I love listening to Charlie Parker's late 1940s version of My Old Flame
    You're definitely more heroin addict period, bop / hard bop jazz superiority guy.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Heroin is amazing
    Swaye's Wigwam

Heroin is amazing

I know. I've had much of it in pill form.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Heroin is amazing

Couple of drinks and couple of pills, u r in for an interesting time.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So, how deep is it?
    Founders Club

So, how deep is it?

Mariana Trench
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to navigationJump to search
    This article is about the deep sea trench. For the Canadian band named after the geological formation, see Marianas Trench (band).
    Coordinates: 11°21′N 142°12′E

Location of the Mariana Trench
    The Mariana Trench or Marianas Trench[1] is the deepest part of the world's oceans. It is located in the western Pacific Ocean, an average of 200 kilometres (124 mi) to the east of the Mariana Islands, in the Western Pacific east of Philippines. It is a crescent-shaped scar in the Earth's crust, and measures about 2,550 km (1,580 mi) long and 69 km (43 mi) wide on average. It reaches a maximum-known depth of 10,994 metres (36,070 ft) (± 40 metres [130 ft]) at a small slot-shaped valley in its floor known as the Challenger Deep, at its southern end,[2] although some unrepeated measurements place the deepest portion at 11,034 metres (36,201 ft).[3] For comparison: if Mount Everest were dropped into the trench at this point, its peak would still be over 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) underwater.[a] In 2009, the Marianas Trench was established as a United States National Monument.[5]

At the bottom of the trench the water column above exerts a pressure of 1,086 bars (15,750 psi), more than 1,000 times the standard atmospheric pressure at sea level. At this pressure, the density of water is increased by 4.96%, so that 95.27 litres of water under the pressure of the Challenger Deep would contain the same mass as 100 litres at the surface. The temperature at the bottom is 1 to 4 °C (34 to 39 °F).[6]

The trench is not the part of the seafloor closest to the center of the Earth. This is because the Earth is not a perfect sphere; its radius is about 25 kilometres (16 mi) less at the poles than at the equator.[7] As a result, parts of the Arctic Ocean seabed are at least 13 kilometres (8.1 mi) closer to the Earth's center than the Challenger Deep seafloor.

Xenophyophores have been found in the trench by Scripps Institution of Oceanography researchers at a record depth of 10.6 kilometres (6.6 mi) below the sea surface.[8] On 17 March 2013, researchers from the Scottish Association for Marine Science reported data that suggested microbial life forms thrive within the trench.[9][10]
    Swaye's Wigwam

Heroin is amazing

Couple of drinks and couple of pills, u r in for an interesting time.
    Truth.