Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Fans, the choice is yours...

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Your_Mom said:

Your_Mom said:

loadsock said:

Your_Mom said:

Of course we want Rose Bowls again.

The question is... what coach do we get to take us there?

Well IMALOSER, the current occupant and highest paid employee for the state of WA has laid skid marks up and down the sprint turf of Husky Stadium so we've at least ruled him out.

Sad that instead of addressing the question, all you dumbfucks can do is call me some other poster.

What coach is up next? And it better be a guy that can beat Oregon and Stanford.

Tim DeRuyter of Jim Mora. Now leave you fucking tool.
    Tim looks interesting. Mora? Meh... he took over a program that had been run by a Rose Bowl winning coach for 4 years and he can't even beat Oregon and Stanford with all of the talent UCLA can get. Sure, he can beat Sark... but most can. We should be able to do better.
    Prior to Mora taking over UCLA they were 86-51-63-70 in Sagarin with wins of 4-7-4-6.

So far he's gone 30-14 which will likely be closer to 10 after beating UW and had 9 wins last year and will probably get 10 this year.

Meanwhile, prior to Mora, UCLA's avg star ranking per commit was 3.30, 3.65, 2.72, 3.14. In his first class Mora's avg was 3.81.

Last season UCLA won 9 regular season games. They haven't won that many since 2005 or more since 1998. So in his first year, he tied for the most regular season wins in 14 seasons and had the 2nd most total wins in the last 14 seasons.

Fact is, a logical unbiased analysis would show that Mora in his first 1.75 seasons has probably exceeded even the expectations of his original supporters. Bring something worthwhile to the table instead of meaningless, unsubstantiated talking points or get the fuck out and go join Kim and F3 in a lemon party.
    Yep
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Your_Mom said:

loadsock said:

Your_Mom said:

Of course we want Rose Bowls again.

The question is... what coach do we get to take us there?

Well IMALOSER, the current occupant and highest paid employee for the state of WA has laid skid marks up and down the sprint turf of Husky Stadium so we've at least ruled him out.

Sad that instead of addressing the question, all you dumbfucks can do is call me some other poster.

What coach is up next? And it better be a guy that can beat Oregon and Stanford.

So do you want Riley, Tedford, or Kiffin?
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Tim DeRuyter of Jim Mora. Now leave you fucking tool.

but, but but, but. . . . . they both HAVE CONTRACTS!!!!
  • Only MykFS and Grinolds hates on DeRuyter and Mora. It's sad that these losers hate winners.

Just send Mora a blank check already and actually offer him a real contract. This bullshit he turned us down is just that bullshit.

Don't disrespect Jim, give him a great deal and a lifetime supply of Pie so he can lead us to multiple rose bowls like Ty did at Stanford.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club

Only MykFS and Grinolds hates on DeRuyter and Mora. It's sad that these losers hate winners.

Just send Mora a blank check already and actually offer him a real contract. This bullshit he turned us down is just that bullshit.

Don't disrespect Jim, give him a great deal and a lifetime supply of Pie so he can lead us to multiple rose bowls like Ty did at Stanford.

I will say it one last time... UW offered him a deal and he turned it down. This is straight from the horse's mouth. I've said it repeatedly on here but if people don't want to believe it then I guess that's the way it is.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Only MykFS and Grinolds hates on DeRuyter and Mora. It's sad that these losers hate winners.

I will say it one last time... UW offered him a deal and he turned it down. This is straight from the horse's mouth. I've said it repeatedly on here but if people don't want to believe it then I guess that's the way it is.
    What were the numbers?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club

What were the numbers?
    As I've also said before, I don't remember and they weren't put in my Willingham book. Mora had several nights staying up late "agonizing" over whether to take the offer before staying with the Seahawks. After he got fired, he regretted that decision.

See, I believe it but I think its yet another example of shitty AD management. I can believe him saying no with an AD saying 'well, if you are interested we might pay you something like this' vs. a competent AD saying 'we want you, here is what we will give you', and come back at him 2 or 3 times upping the ante each time and addressing any and all concerns until he says yes.

Hiring coaches is like dating...you have to full court press the hot ones until they give in and go out with you. We got stuck with the fat bitch 'cause the people doing the hiring just wanted some and didn't think they were good enough for a hot date.
    That's definitely possible. I don't know.

See, I believe it but I think its yet another example of shitty AD management. I can believe him saying no with an AD saying 'well, if you are interested we might pay you something like this' vs. a competent AD saying 'we want you, here is what we will give you', and come back at him 2 or 3 times upping the ante each time and addressing any and all concerns until he says yes.

Hiring coaches is like dating...you have to full court press the hot ones until they give in and go out with you. We got stuck with the fat bitch 'cause the people doing the hiring just wanted some and didn't think they were good enough for a hot date.
    But he received an offer. That is 100% absolute.
  • I believe you he was offered but I think he low balled. Like HouHusky said I think they offered him to save face.

I don't think they put on the full court press say like Hedges obviously did with Slick Rick or what Bama did with Saban, etc.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Mora seemed pretty blunt during his presser last week when he said he was never contacted by the UW. Interesting. Depressing.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    Like everything with the AD, the offer was probably half hearted and half assed.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Derek, do you think if we offer Mora again, the timing makes a difference? Since he's a loyal guy do you think he'd be less hesitant if he was in his 4th year at UCLA and not his 2nd or 3rd?