Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My worst fear is going to become reality

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
We are going 7-5 again this season, but that isn't the only problem. If we go 7-6 there's a legit chance sark gets fired.
It isn't happening.
The worst part of the 7-5 season is we're going to go 4-5 in conference. Bowls pick based on conference record.
Stanford, Oregon, UCLA, ASU, and OSU will fill up higher bowl slots, so will USC. The 7th bowl game for the pac-12 is the fight hunger bowl, if arizona wins at ASU (doubt it but it's a rivalry the 8th is the new mexico bowl.
Sark is bad but he isn't losing to BYU who is projected to fill that slot, if we get the 8th slot it'll be SDSU or USU.
The AD will play up 8-5 as progress, it's a given.
Then our schedule is so bad in 2014 with our OOC and the fact most of our 50/50 games are at home, we're going to probably win 9 games next year. The program, however will stay the same.
We're stuck with him

Comments

• I think UW loses the bullshit bowl game as the players don't want to be there. This year I think they truly believed they had a shot at the Rose Bowl and when they drop to 6-5 I'm curious how they'll respond vs WSU even.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

I think UW loses the bullshit bowl game as the players don't want to be there. This year I think they truly believed they had a shot at the Rose Bowl and when they drop to 6-5 I'm curious how they'll respond vs WSU even.

I forgot to include that, there's our only hope. Mike Leach comes in here and pulls a miracle
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    We will lose to OSU and WSU.

Price is done, and the rest of the team has/will given up.

Sark is done
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    CaptainPJ said:

We will lose to OSU and WSU.

Price is done, and the rest of the team has/will given up.

Sark is done

Hope you're right, I just think this team has too much talent to lose to wsu and byu
  • Utah is terrible on the road so I think WSU defeats them putting them at 5-6 coming into the Apple Cup.

The Huskies will be limping into that game at 6-5 with really nothing left to play for.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Umm ... I think BYU is waaaaay tougher than us ... Maybe not as talented... But toughr and smarter...

We are going 7-6
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    edited November 2013
    Bronco Mendenhall is a better coach than Sark. He already beat Sark and that was when Sark had Ty's players to fall back on.

BYU wins that game rather easily....
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    We will finish conference at 3-6 and lose to some directional school from Michigan or Illinois in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. 6-7 is where I'm thinking now. Sark's new signature will be 2 different 3 or 4 game losing streaks in a season.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Hey fuckers, I got my two dumbass brother in laws to bet me $100 each on the AC - they're both Cougs to the core and better, they're easy to goad into bets when they're drinking - we won't lose that game.
    loadsock said:

We will finish conference at 3-6 and lose to some directional school from Michigan or Illinois in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. 6-7 is where I'm thinking now. Sark's new signature will be 2 different 3 or 4 game losing streaks in a season.

I've been thinking the Gilden New Mexico Bowl Classic since the ASU debacle. I hear it's lovely in Albuquerque around the holidays.

Anytime you play in December it's really special
    mobey said:

Hey fuckers, I got my two dumbass brother in laws to bet me $100 each on the AC - they're both Cougs to the core and better, they're easy to goad into bets when they're drinking - we won't lose that game.

Even after last year's debacle and blowing a huge lead, where is your confidence coming from that has you guaranteeing a victory? I just don't share in your faith and I know you're as pessimistic as any of the half brains.

loadsock said:

I've been thinking the Gilden New Mexico Bowl Classic since the ASU debacle. I hear it's lovely in Albuquerque around the holidays.

That's an impressive looking high school stadium to lose in.

loadsock said:

loadsock said:

That's an impressive looking high school stadium to lose in.

Sadly the other likely option has UW playing in front of 30,000 fans, dressed as empty seats, in a fucking baseball park.

Either way it's a dreckfest...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,079 Founders Club
    Well they say that Santa Fe is less than 90 miles away
    I got time to roll a number
    And rent a car
    Albuquerque
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    At what point do the players in the locker room realize that they are being sold bullshit from their HC?

At what point do the players in the locker room look around and realize that they have better talent to win some of these toss up games but their HC is too busy looking like he pulled an all nighter banging a cocktail waitress to worry about coaching a fucking game?

Bowl games are infamous for being more about what team is more excited to play in the game and embrace the opportunity than it is about talent. Who on our roster is going to be excited if we get shipped to fucking New Mexico?

Sark's comments after the game suggested that he doesn't have a ton of confidence in winning the next 2 games ("I can't predict or guarantee wins") ... between having a young QB combined with players starting to check out on your messaging ... I wouldn't be too confident if I was him either.