Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kingsley Ah You Suamataia, 2021 4* OL, Orem (HS), UT (Offered 6/22/18)

Comments

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

“All of my offers are blessings, and Oregon is always going to be my top school because it feels like home,” he said. “It’s different from watching it on TV to actually being in the stadium. It’s a good different. It feels really… I don’t know, like you can’t believe you are there.”

“We are really close and they said I was their highest priority in my class,” Suamataia said. “It really meant a lot. It’s a great blessing to hear that.”

Adding to the appeal of Oregon is Suamataia’s relationship to his cousins, sophomore left tackle Penei Sewell and five-star linebacker Noah Sewell, who was on his official visit to Eugene for the weekend.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2019/10/elite-offensive-lineman-kingsley-suamataia-oregon-ducks-have-strong-mutual-interest-after-visit.html

Poor kid has a fucked up home life, someone call Utah CPS.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019
    Kids are kids. Peterman is fucking up the whole recruiting vibe because of seniority and stupid ass playcalling and personnel decisions straight from Benny Hill.

How do you expect to be recruiting when you lose to Oregon, keep Kingsley's cousin Puka on the bench when he's your best receiver outside of black beast ... While you play fucktard baccelia over and over ...

This shit comes back to bite you in the ass Peterman! Get your shit together. "It's not for everyone" fuck off.

Losing isn't for everyone. Gaining a bad rep isn't for everyone either ... that's why people go elsewhere to winners ...
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

Kids are kids. Peterman is fucking up the whole recruiting vibe because of seniority and stupid ass playcalling and personnel decisions straight from Benny Hill.

How do you expect to be recruiting when you lose to Oregon, keep Kingsley's cousin Puka on the bench when he's your best receiver outside of black beast ... While you play fucktard baccelia over and over ...

This shit comes back to bite you in the ass Peterman! Get your shit together. "It's not for everyone" fuck off.

Losing isn't for everyone. Gaining a bad rep isn't for everyone either ... that's why people go elsewhere to winners ...

That doesn't really seem to be why this kid is interested in Oregon over UW.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2019

animate said:

How about a small dose of honesty here. The kid looks like he is having a great time in that video. While ours look like manikins next to the cardboard cutout. It would be nice if Pete remembered that kids play this game for fun and loosened up a couple of degrees. Then again. This program isn't for everybody.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

animate said:

How about a small dose of honesty here. The kid looks like he is having a great time in that video. While ours look like manikins next to the cardboard cutout. It would be nice if Pete remembered that kids play this game for fun and loosened up a couple of degrees. Then again. This program isn't for everybody.
    That kind of stuff might be attractive to some kids, but not all. I think there needs to be a small reality accepted that not every kid will want to go to UW regardless of how Pete sells the program. You can't change your sales pitch based on who you're selling to every time you contact a recruit. Or, maybe you can and that's how you end up making 400 offers each cycle.

I'm not a recruiting expert at all, but people need to accept that we are never going to get every kid we want regardless of what Pete does or does not do.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

animate said:

That kind of stuff might be attractive to some kids, but not all. I think there needs to be a small reality accepted that not every kid will want to go to UW regardless of how Pete sells the program. You can't change your sales pitch based on who you're selling to every time you contact a recruit. Or, maybe you can and that's how you end up making 400 offers each cycle.

I'm not a recruiting expert at all, but people need to accept that we are never going to get every kid we want regardless of what Pete does or does not do.
    Oh I get that. My comment was based more on what appears to be a pretty buttoned up UW football culture. It is okay for kids to have some fun. Jeez if you can't get a little loose at a recruiting photo shoot then what the hell? I think Oregon offering 300 kids is stupid but there are a number of elements in their recruiting approach that they are clearly better at.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

Oh I get that. My comment was based more on what appears to be a pretty buttoned up UW football culture. It is okay for kids to have some fun. Jeez if you can't get a little loose at a recruiting photo shoot then what the hell? I think Oregon offering 300 kids is stupid but there are a number of elements in their recruiting approach that they are clearly better at.
    Just so we're clear, UW has recruited better than Oregon every year since 2016, per 247 average recruit rankings, and that doesn't look to be changing this year or next. Recruiting is not the issue right now. We're about 5 plays from being 7-1 at least and the narrative would be completely different. Football is a cruel mistress.
    Yep. Baccallia and Lucciano’s bad plays vs Cal. Change those and we win.

3rd and 2 vs Oregon. Even if we converted there was a ways to go, but it was big. Early on, Pleasant’s drop and the late hit by Turner on Herbert the first drives of the game.

Change those 3 and we are 7-1 despite the holes in the roster.
    The late hit on Turner was such shit. He pulled back and didn't hit him hard at all. I was more pissed about that call than the non interference at the end.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

Just so we're clear, UW has recruited better than Oregon every year since 2016, per 247 average recruit rankings, and that doesn't look to be changing this year or next. Recruiting is not the issue right now. We're about 5 plays from being 7-1 at least and the narrative would be completely different. Football is a cruel mistress.
    JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR, it seems like you're still infected with BallzCobra talking poonts.

* Washington has had the better AVERAGE recruit for a few classes. Yet, Oregon's players are better (or at least outperforming) Washington's. Does this mean Crystalball and his staff are better? Is that what you're trying to say? I could live with that.

* I do enjoy the extreme cherry picking and reaching on recruit average, when Oregon had the higher composite average recruit last year and in the current class the average is .09 higher before Oregon gets Noah Sewell.

* There's a reason recruiting rankings aren't based on average but on total. Signing and portaling in 25 kids each year and processing the dead weight is necessary. There's a bust rate, no matter how highly ranked a recruit is - with a decreasing bust chance for the elite recruits.

* If recruiting isn't Washington's problem, is it evaluation? Look at the 2018 class. The one Ballz loved to shit on for Oregon and hype up Washington's. Who is faring better? I'd say look at the 2019 class, but Petersmen doesn't play freshmen. Meanwhile, Cubano Sandwich isn't just using the top end of the 2019 class. The lower ranked guys are also getting lots of snaps and winning conference games.

* There are recruits in both classes that the other would love to have. The Ballz argument is that Oregon has fewer that Washington would want. I don't fucking know if that's true, the programs pursue a lot of different players. Oregon is willing to go into Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, Florida, where ever the fuck. I do know that Oregon is managing their roster really well for the future, after Helfrich fucked depth.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR, it seems like you're still infected with BallzCobra talking poonts.

* Washington has had the better AVERAGE recruit for a few classes. Yet, Oregon's players are better (or at least outperforming) Washington's. Does this mean Crystalball and his staff are better? Is that what you're trying to say? I could live with that.

* I do enjoy the extreme cherry picking and reaching on recruit average, when Oregon had the higher composite average recruit last year and in the current class the average is .09 higher before Oregon gets Noah Sewell.

* There's a reason recruiting rankings aren't based on average but on total. Signing and portaling in 25 kids each year and processing the dead weight is necessary. There's a bust rate, no matter how highly ranked a recruit is - with a decreasing bust chance for the elite recruits.

* If recruiting isn't Washington's problem, is it evaluation? Look at the 2018 class. The one Ballz loved to shit on for Oregon and hype up Washington's. Who is faring better? I'd say look at the 2019 class, but Petersmen doesn't play freshmen. Meanwhile, Cubano Sandwich isn't just using the top end of the 2019 class. The lower ranked guys are also getting lots of snaps and winning conference games.

* There are recruits in both classes that the other would love to have. The Ballz argument is that Oregon has fewer that Washington would want. I don't fucking know if that's true, the programs pursue a lot of different players. Oregon is willing to go into Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, Florida, where ever the fuck. I do know that Oregon is managing their roster really well for the future, after Helfrich fucked depth.
    For this half season
    From 2016 to 2018 UW outperformed Oregon

2-1 head to head and two Pac 12 titles

4th in the north for Oregon
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

Oregon's biggest accomplishment recently is winning the RedBox Bowl 7-6. Yes, they have had a nice half season and escaped with a few wins that just as easily could have been losses. They escaped against the fucking Cougs at home and rushed the field, for fuck's sake. If that isn't a sign of a dominant progrum, I don't know what is. I'm not going to crown them yet. In the meantime...

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

For this half season

Petersen 2-4 against Oregon, Cubano 2-0 against Washington. Do you really have that much confidence it will change in the near future? Even if Eason is coming back in 2020 Oregon is starting the year off ranked higher. No one cares about rankings, other than the media, fans, and recruits.

I thought Petersen was going to be running train on the conference after 2017, but in the past two years he's been out coached twice in head-to-heads by Wilcox and Cristobal. A beat up Stanford ran over them. Those recruits with great 247 AVERAGES have been beat by Wilcox's nobodies, and Cristobal has restocked the roster after it was decimated. I've been bitching about how I'm still far from sold on Cristobal, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see that down syndrome sufferer Clay Helton get a win on Saturday.

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

Oregon's biggest accomplishment recently is winning the RedBox Bowl 7-6. Yes, they have had a nice half season and escaped with a few wins that just as easily could have been losses. They escaped against the fucking Cougs at home and rushed the field, for fuck's sake. If that isn't a sign of a dominant progrum, I don't know what is. I'm not going to crown them yet. In the meantime...

Yeah, fucking students. How dare do they want to have fun and rush the field, didn't they know that some doogs are going to criticize it as a sign that the football program isn't dominant?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

3rd and 2 vs Oregon. Even if we converted there was a ways to go, but it was big. Early on, Pleasant’s drop and the late hit by Turner on Herbert the first drives of the game.

The late hit on Turner was such shit. He pulled back and didn't hit him hard at all. I was more pissed about that call than the non interference at the end.
    It was still kind of dumb. I know it’s hard to slow down but I knew it was getting called when it happened.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

It was still kind of dumb. I know it’s hard to slow down but I knew it was getting called when it happened.
    The only thing I could think of that he possibly could have done to keep from hitting him is jump over him maybe.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

For this half season

Petersen 2-4 against Oregon, Cubano 2-0 against Washington. Do you really have that much confidence it will change in the near future? Even if Eason is coming back in 2020 Oregon is starting the year off ranked higher. No one cares about rankings, other than the media, fans, and recruits.

I thought Petersen was going to be running train on the conference after 2017, but in the past two years he's been out coached twice in head-to-heads by Wilcox and Cristobal. A beat up Stanford ran over them. Those recruits with great 247 AVERAGES have been beat by Wilcox's nobodies, and Cristobal has restocked the roster after it was decimated. I've been bitching about how I'm still far from sold on Cristobal, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see that down syndrome sufferer Clay Helton get a win on Saturday.
    I just pointed out that you were wrong because you were wrong