Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FW: Mike Leach inquiries talking points

chinteresting email that went out to cuog faculty/staff:

Date: June 18, 2018 at 4:22:35 PM PDT
To: "xxxx@wsu.edu" , "xxxxxx@wsu.edu" , "xxxxx" , "xxxx"
Subject: Mike Leach inquiries talking points

Colleagues,

Should you receive inquiries or concerns from donors or volunteers about news concerning Mike Leach’s recent Twitter comments (https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2018/06/18/mike-leach-twitter-shows-why-bigger-schools-avoid-hiring-him/710530002/), the University has prepared a recommended response. It is important that our alumni and friends feel their concerns are heard, that we take them seriously, and that we will pass their concerns along to University leadership.

The sample script (below) can be adapted to respond:

“Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. While I am not able to address your questions directly, I will share your comments with President Kirk Schulz and Athletic Director Patrick Chun. As you know, Mike Leach is able to express his personal opinions in his role as a private citizen. That said, Coach Leach’s views do not necessarily reflect the views of Washington State University students, faculty and staff.

Please know that we have heard your concerns. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.”

Thank you,

xxxxx

notes:

1) stick to the script
2) chinteresting to see no 'go cuogs'

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chinteresting email that went out to cuog faculty/staff:

Date: June 18, 2018 at 4:22:35 PM PDT
    To: "xxxx@wsu.edu" , "xxxxxx@wsu.edu" , "xxxxx" , "xxxx"
    Subject: Mike Leach inquiries talking points

Colleagues,

Should you receive inquiries or concerns from donors or volunteers about news concerning Mike Leach’s recent Twitter comments (https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2018/06/18/mike-leach-twitter-shows-why-bigger-schools-avoid-hiring-him/710530002/), the University has prepared a recommended response. It is important that our alumni and friends feel their concerns are heard, that we take them seriously, and that we will pass their concerns along to University leadership.

The sample script (below) can be adapted to respond:

“Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. While I am not able to address your questions directly, I will share your comments with President Kirk Schulz and Athletic Director Patrick Chun. As you know, Mike Leach is able to express his personal opinions in his role as a private citizen. That said, Coach Leach’s views do not necessarily reflect the views of Washington State University students, faculty and staff.

Please know that we have heard your concerns. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.”

Thank you,

xxxxx

notes:

1) stick to the script
    2) chinteresting to see no 'go cuogs'

The best part is it doesn’t say anything about passing their concerns in to leadership other than telling them you will pass them onto leadership.

SF,C
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’m hearing he’s gone. Or he should be.

Tick, tick.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tick, tick.

Only those that subscribe to liberal pussified thought process think He should be gone.

Thanks in advance for clarifying which column you reside in.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Tick, tick.

Leach is untouchable. He has a perpetual rollover contract and the school is broke. They can't get rid of him.

He'd have to get caught on film going Sandusky on the school president's grandchild to be fired.

Pretty much this. WSU is never getting rid of him without cause. He is always given extensions and raises for finishing unranked and at best tied for fourth place in the conference. There is no level of expectation here. Nobody legitimate wants him, so he's here as long as he wants to coach.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Tick, tick.

Only those that subscribe to liberal pussified thought process think He should be gone.

Pussifed liberal thought process? I’m just passing along what I heard from Harv.

So yeah actually ....
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,162
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If WSU had won the Apple Cup and del Norte division this would be a non issue
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

Tick, tick.

You sound TUFF
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,441
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blackie said:

Tick, tick.

Leach is untouchable. He has a perpetual rollover contract and the school is broke. They can't get rid of him.

He'd have to get caught on film going Sandusky on the school president's grandchild to be fired.

Pretty much this. WSU is never getting rid of him without cause. They can't risk becoming the Beavs.