Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Honest question

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Annex Mexico. Final solutions or GTFO.

Mexico has a much smaller southern border and we would be better at soccer. Queremos a Bama puto.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    There are no honest questions. HTH
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

"Where's the outrage?!?"

*Posts a picture of people protesting.
    SledogFS
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Trump is taking the shit storm to get congress to do their fucking job

So do it already

It’s neat how you’re making Trump a passive actor in this like he isn’t the head of his party that controls congress and it isn’t his administration’s choice to inflict trauma on these children
    I am?

I said he is willing to take the shit storm aka enforcing the law

I don't want this to just be a photo op for the open border dems. I want the world to see you are fucking stupid to dump your kids trying to get here illegally

Trump won the election promising to do this. If you want dreamers or any amnesty at all you have to give in on the wall and enhanced security and deportations

No more catch and release wink and nod and we don't make public policy based on sob stories. The whole fucking world wants to come here.
    He made the shitstorm moron. There is no separating families law to enforce. It’s a policy directive.
  • Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2018
    No, the shitstorm was created by those attempting to cross the border illegally with children in tow, with many of the children unrelated to the adult.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam

So do it already

It’s neat how you’re making Trump a passive actor in this like he isn’t the head of his party that controls congress and it isn’t his administration’s choice to inflict trauma on these children
    I am?

I don't want this to just be a photo op for the open border dems. I want the world to see you are fucking stupid to dump your kids trying to get here illegally

Trump won the election promising to do this. If you want dreamers or any amnesty at all you have to give in on the wall and enhanced security and deportations

No more catch and release wink and nod and we don't make public policy based on sob stories. The whole fucking world wants to come here.
    He made the shitstorm moron. There is no separating families law to enforce. It’s a policy directive.
    Except your talking point is bullshit

I agree he is enforcing the law. That's what we hired him to do

Make a deal or shut the fuck up

Its the law. A law that was widely ignored in the past

When did you start giving a shit. I've been here since day 1 and it wasn't until your masters decided to take the IG off the front page that you showed up crying like a little bitch about it

Just a coincidence?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Are these people asylum seekers? Where in the Americas do you have to be from to get asylum? It isn't Mexico

These people aren't primarily from Mexico.

Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala are the main ones.
    I see. Are people from those places eligible?

I can't keep track of all the central/South American shit holes.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937

So do it already

I am?

When did you start giving a shit. I've been here since day 1 and it wasn't until your masters decided to take the IG off the front page that you showed up crying like a little bitch about it

Just a coincidence?
    Race is getting angry that children being put in to cages is distracting from his pet issue that no one outside of the conservative media fever swamp gives a fuck about.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't think you would answer

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

So do it already

I am?

Just a coincidence?
    Race is getting angry that children being put in to cages is distracting from his pet issue that no one outside of the conservative media fever swamp gives a fuck about.
    Immigrants have used children as leverage for decades to try and gain favor with immigration. It used to be single males predominately trying to sneak into the country. Since then, they've gotten smart and realized that they had a better chance if they brought their pregnant spouse and young children with them. Separating the child from the parents is a cruel but effective way of deterring illegal crossings.
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Immigrants have used children as leverage for decades to try and gain favor with immigration. It used to be single males predominately trying to sneak into the country. Since then, they've gotten smart and realized that they had a better chance if they brought their pregnant spouse and young children with them. Separating the child from the parents is a cruel but effective way of deterring illegal crossings.

You're poasting on a message bored, so I'll take your word for it
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

So do it already

I am?

Just a coincidence?
    Persecute the refugee.
    Trump 2020
    MAGA!
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Are any of them actually refugees or asylum seekers? No one seems to care about the answer
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749
    dnc said:

Are these people asylum seekers? Where in the Americas do you have to be from to get asylum? It isn't Mexico

These people aren't primarily from Mexico.

Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala are the main ones.

So do it already

You weren't bitching when it was going on under other presidents!
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749
    Dude61 said:

No, the shitstorm was created by those attempting to cross the border illegally with children in tow, with many of the children unrelated to the adult.

Maybe you have a comprehension problem. Children being separated are either NOT WITH THEIR PARENTS or THEIR PARENTS ARE IN JAIL FOR ENTERING ILLEGALLY.

They are not taking children from "asylum seekers" that appear at a border station requesting asylum.

• Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Are any of them actually refugees or asylum seekers? No one seems to care about the answer

There are at least some in the mix.

Here is a bit of boring government regulatory garble about asylum that will bore you to death: https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum

Congress has passed many patchwork one off laws to allow for additional asylum applications beyond the basic criteria. Here is an old one that pertained to Central America and the Soviet bloc: https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/nicaraguan-adjustment-and-central-american-relief-act-nacara-203-eligibility-apply-uscis

Also, I have one quibble with Ben Sasse's pretty good overview of what is happening with respect to catch and release. 98% of asylum seekers coming with children appeared at all their hearings after being released. About 85% of those without children showed up. In other words the vast majority of asylum seekers, in particular those with kids, are following all the laws and doing what they need to do. I don't know numbers, but I would guess non-asylum seekers is a different story.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Annex Mexico. Final solutions or GTFO.

Mexico has a much smaller southern border and we would be better at soccer. Queremos a Bama puto.
    Disagree. The best athletes would go into football, basketball, and baseball.