Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

You fucking Feebs need to realize that a DOOG isn’t someone with high expectations

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Jimbo Fisher is sitting on his mountain of $100 bills feeling left out of this discussion.

I wonder if Jimbo ever stopped to ask himself how he's possibly going to be able to spend $75M on fishing lures, truck nuts, and PBR. At some point he's going to have to start abusing opioids just to make the math work.
    I could do this.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Jimbo Fisher is sitting on his mountain of $100 bills feeling left out of this discussion.

I wonder if Jimbo ever stopped to ask himself how he's possibly going to be able to spend $75M on fishing lures, truck nuts, and PBR. At some point he's going to have to start abusing opioids just to make the math work.
    I could do this.
    I do this already without the 75m
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

AZDuck said:

I can't wait for the opiate addicted Jimbo in College Station. I appreciate you putting that image in my mind. Thanks for that.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

haie said:

It’s simple for me. A doog is someone who enjoyed the Sark years.

Nah. It’s people who make excuses for low expectations. Sark has nothing to do with it.

It started in the Lambo years.
    Again, that's not AT ALL what a Doog is. Jim Jimminy Christmas.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,320
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We need Browning to pull some fucking finger pointing magic out of his ass this year, win the PAC-12, make the playoffs again, and not get shit on so hard that we look like a bunch of west coast pussies so we can start creating a narrative. East vs West, North vs South, PAC 12 vs SEC. We need to convince the Ngata’s and Thibodeaux‘s of the world that the only way to win a title is NOT by going down South, and that they can showcase the best of the West at Washington.

We need to shit down Stanford’s throat so hard that Shaw says fuck this weak ass place and jets to the NFLhas to stay right where he is and keeps Stanfurd TUFF without being able to leave for the NFL. We need Will Harris rollin’ down the streets of LA in a Rolls, we need Jimmy Lake locking in 5* corners in Ricks and Ringo, we need Sav’ell Smalls to stay home! We are an NFL factory.

There is no reason this shouldn’t happen. We just need swaggy Pete to put on his fur coat, to trust his players, trust his culture, and trust his coaches enough to let them do their job to get the best players in and then mold them, and then swing his big dick in the face of the SEC year after year with big boy football.

Ok, that’s enough fan fiction for now... Wish UW football would spin that narrative though rather than being Boise 2.0.

Otherwise, mostly agree.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jesus

It's all just fan-fic at this point. Beat ASU, nothing else matters.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

You're wrong.

A doog has nothing to do with expectations. A doog is a Husky who has little brother syndrome to Oregon, a UW version of a coog. @tindal22 coined the term and defined it.

You can hijack it all you want but you don't get to define it.

Get off my lawn.

Doog.

Exactly. A doog is the opposite of all the drivel Dennis has been writing in this shit thread.

A real Doog is someone who thinks Washington is more than it ever was, someone who needs to piss on other teams' successes to make themselves feel better about Washington, someone who always angles the argument in favor of Washington no matter how fucking stupid and tortured the bullshit it will take, someone who thinks everyone secretly wants to be Washington ... in short, a Doog is a frat boy who thinks he's important and connected because the frat, and then winds up selling insurance for the rest of his life.

so DNC is spot on. there has never been more Dooging than during Oregon's run.

Krisvashon is a doog:

Well, say no more...U are an adopted DAWG!

We think of our family as a very TIGHT, CLOSE group. So, you know, you need to prove your loyalty. We already know you are intelligent, but what we really want to see on the DAWG side is you being able to sing "Bow Down to Washington." Chosen as one of the top fight songs in college football.

Looking forward to adding more Dawgs to our huge Husky Nation. It'S ALL about the DAWG life!

Welcome to the Dawg family. Now, here is your homework. Learn the words to "Bow Down to Washington." Here is a link to the song and words.

That is a Doog.
    HR, YK
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

You're wrong.

A doog has nothing to do with expectations. A doog is a Husky who has little brother syndrome to Oregon, a UW version of a coog. @tindal22 coined the term and defined it.

Get off my lawn.

Doog.

Exactly. A doog is the opposite of all the drivel Dennis has been writing in this shit thread.

A real Doog is someone who thinks Washington is more than it ever was, someone who needs to piss on other teams' successes to make themselves feel better about Washington, someone who always angles the argument in favor of Washington no matter how fucking stupid and tortured the bullshit it will take, someone who thinks everyone secretly wants to be Washington ... in short, a Doog is a frat boy who thinks he's important and connected because the frat, and then winds up selling insurance for the rest of his life.

Krisvashon is a doog:

We think of our family as a very TIGHT, CLOSE group. So, you know, you need to prove your loyalty. We already know you are intelligent, but what we really want to see on the DAWG side is you being able to sing "Bow Down to Washington." Chosen as one of the top fight songs in college football.

Looking forward to adding more Dawgs to our huge Husky Nation. It'S ALL about the DAWG life!

Welcome to the Dawg family. Now, here is your homework. Learn the words to "Bow Down to Washington." Here is a link to the song and words.

That is a Doog.
    You don't get it. At all. And all the Doogs here are now outing themselves. It's enjoyable to watch them squirm against the grating reality of standards.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I would say preferring a Holiday Bowl over a playoff appearance is being a doog, but that's just me.

Preach pastor Chin/Chan/Lee
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Meanings of words evolve over time and that's fine

Of course they evolve, but ranting about what you want a word to mean and blasting people for using it's actual meaning is fucking stupid. It's not like the word's been around 300 years. Race wasn't the only one of us who was there for it's introduction to the world. It's like ten years old.
    Personally, I rely upon the HHB Glossary definition in Classics which does allow for some catch all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dnc said:

You're wrong.

Get off my lawn.

Doog.

Krisvashon is a doog:

That is a Doog.
    You don't get it. At all. And all the Doogs here are now outing themselves. It's enjoyable to watch them squirm against the grating reality of standards.
    I get it. All.

You. Don't.

You need a new defined term. Don't be so fucking lazy and just make one up. Doog has been taken.