Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW Brand Fail

pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
I have a friend who works for ESPN and he was covering the Steve Clarkson QB retreat a few weeks back down here in LA. Eason was in attendance and my buddy let him take over their Instagram for the day.

Eason took control and promptly gave a “Go Dawgs” and waved the dubs into the camera. My buddy was about to post it when his colleague stopped him and said something was wrong. She said Eason must have confused his current team w/ his former as only Georgia says “Go Dawgs.” She continued to “explain” to my friend (who clearly understand that we say Go dawgs) that UW fans ONLY say Go Huskies.

He then literally had to get on his phone and perform a google search that showed us saying Go Dawgs referring to UW. She was clueless. And sadly I don’t think she’s alone.

So if that doesn’t explain our brand crisis to a T I don’t know what does. And my buddy did post the Eason story once he proved to his colleague that she was wrong. GO DAWGS.

On another note Steve Clarkson is total fraud piece of shit but that’s another matter.

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686

I thought out in the PNW we said GO DWAGS.

And we follow that up by saying ooops sorry Go Dawgs
    Followed up by an under breathe "fucking doog"
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
    Win some fucking games and make the nation care
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    pat_hm said:

I have a friend who works for ESPN and he was covering the Steve Clarkson QB retreat a few weeks back down here in LA. Eason was in attendance and my buddy let him take over their Instagram for the day.

Eason took control and promptly gave a “Go Dawgs” and waved the dubs into the camera. My buddy was about to post it when his colleague stopped him and said something was wrong. She said Eason must have confused his current team w/ his former as only Georgia says “Go Dawgs.” She continued to “explain” to my friend (who clearly understand that we say Go dawgs) that UW fans ONLY say Go Huskies.

He then literally had to get on his phone and perform a google search that showed us saying Go Dawgs referring to UW. She was clueless. And sadly I don’t think she’s alone.

So if that doesn’t explain our brand crisis to a T I don’t know what does. And my buddy did post the Eason story once he proved to his colleague that she was wrong. GO DAWGS.

On another note Steve Clarkson is total fraud piece of shit but that’s another matter.

I thought the only thing Husky fans said was "RUN THE DAMN BALL!"
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941

I thought out in the PNW we said GO DWAGS.

And we follow that up by saying ooops sorry Go Dawgs
    We’re the people pleasing fan base..
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    When I think of Georgia I don't think of Dawgs I think of inbreds.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    pat_hm said:

We're all ignoring the real problem here.

IRYK
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tell us about Clarkson.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Win some fucking *BIG* games and make the nation care

Crisped.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Nurple said:

We have a brand?

Our branding is total and utter shit. It's run by two fucking mid-30s dudes from FLORIDA. They are both from Florida. One of them went to Miami and the other went to UF, I think.

They seem like nice guys, but they don't understand anything about branding. They also don't understand what our team is/brand is/etc.

Our branding strategy is the following: just do whatever Oregon did 5-7 years ago (only milder because we don't want to be too 'out there!') and say, 'what do you think now? is this cool guys?'
    When Dennis is right, he's right!
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Swaye said:

Nurple said:

We have a brand?

Our branding is total and utter shit. It's run by two fucking mid-30s dudes from FLORIDA. They are both from Florida. One of them went to Miami and the other went to UF, I think.

They seem like nice guys, but they don't understand anything about branding. They also don't understand what our team is/brand is/etc.

Our branding strategy is the following: just do whatever Oregon did 5-7 years ago (only milder because we don't want to be too 'out there!') and say, 'what do you think now? is this cool guys?'
    Swaye said:

Nurple said:

We have a brand?

Carter Henderson's (who is a nice person) passion in life is FLORIDA BASKETBALL. Think about that. UF Basketball.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited June 2018

Swaye said:

Nurple said:

We have a brand?

Swaye said:

Nurple said:

We have a brand?

Carter Henderson's (who is a nice person) passion in life is FLORIDA BASKETBALL. Think about that. UF Basketball.
    They won 2 natties in this century......so stfu