Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Should Ty Jones have redshirted?

Comments

• BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    probably

what did he have, 5 catches all year?
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

Hell no

In the past I would have absolutely called for Jones to redshirt but with Hamdan/Lubick fucking right now WR recruiting is on fire and we're stacking elite talent class after class. Saving one year of eligibility for Jones isn't as vital as is once was because now there is actually upper echelon Pac-12 WR talent on the roster. Its more important for him to see the field, acclimate to the speed of the game, and bank reps with Brownsox. With the shitty news that Hunter Bryant will be missing the 2018 season, its even more important that Jones saw time last year and with experience under his belt hopefully he steps up big time.

Exactly. Maybe he didn't get as many reps as would have been ideal but Jones having experience at the PAC 12 and national level is going to be crucial for the WR this year. Chico returning is great in terms of explosiveness, but lacking at the outside WR positions is not a problem we? want to have. Jones looked college ready to me in his tape (not like Osborne or Spiker, but still). He's a breakout candidate this year and he's probably the best talent at WR Hamdan's been able to really mold yet. I'm cautiously optimistic.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited June 2018

Hell no

In the past I would have absolutely called for Jones to redshirt but with Hamdan/Lubick fucking right now WR recruiting is on fire and we're stacking elite talent class after class. Saving one year of eligibility for Jones isn't as vital as is once was because now there is actually upper echelon Pac-12 WR talent on the roster. Its more important for him to see the field, acclimate to the speed of the game, and bank reps with Brownsox. With the shitty news that Hunter Bryant will be missing the 2018 season, its even more important that Jones saw time last year and with experience under his belt hopefully he steps up big time.

We'll see about the WR talent. We aren't exactly loaded at WR and while we have signed some nice prospects, they aren't can't miss guys.

Do we have a WR with elite speed? We have a few with size, but none of them have proven to be physically dominant.

I know it takes time with many players, but we had shitty WR's last year and if one of those young guys was truly dynamic, they would have played. Instead, we saw Jones in a bit role.

I don't have a ton of confidence in this group. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    We should redshirt everyone who is actually good and consider 2018 a lost year.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,342 Swaye's Wigwam
    No....you know who can go to the league in 3 years the first day of pads. You redshirt those kids and you risk only getting 2 years out of them
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Why?

If he is as good as we all think he is he is staying 3-4 years max anyway
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    Tequilla said:

Why?

he is staying 3-4 years max

Really going out on a limb there.

• KevininTacomaKevininTacoma Member Posts: 122
    I’m glad he didn’t redshirt. I’m not counting on anything from Chico this year given he’s 5’6”,coming off a broken ankle and didn’t do shit in spring