Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stanford's continued success is a black eye for the conference IMO

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
When your league's most consistent team:

- plays in an empty stadium every week
- has fans that absolutely can't care less about winning, and > 50% of the alumni either don't know who the players are or dislike them because they sag their degree value down (shoutout to the harbaugh-instituted Science, Technology, and Society major. go get 'em, fozzy)
- has a ceiling that guarantees they won't ever make the CFP
- has easily the most electrifying player since reggie bush (mccaffery) yet can't even sniff the heisman

This precludes anyone east of the Mississippi from taking the league seriously. It's a joke. I hope Cristobal defies the odds and replaces Stanford in the top north tier along with us. Petersen needs to finish what he started in 2016. Or better yet, Shaw should go to the NFL. He's a terrific coach whose teams always play physical, borderline dirty football. This was @TierbsHsotBoobs ' stupidest take.

FUCK STANFORD.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,975 Founders Club
    You can't discount the value of a Stanford education.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,932 Founders Club
    And yet, USC is the defending conference champion.

PAC-12 PRIDE
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,331 Swaye's Wigwam
    God I hate Stanford.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Stanford being good in football is like giving Todd Graham a first edition copy of War & Peace.

I made water in my pants.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    I absolutely believe stanford being good is the number one issue with the pac perception.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    If I’m Pete I make myself and all of the coaches rewatch the Stanford game from last year every fucking day until our next game with them.

It’s the only 2017 game I’ve rewatched multiple times.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,559 Founders Club
    This was the lone away game I went to last year. Never been there before but heard about how pathetic it is, its even more pathetic than advertised. A couple times I just yelled "yeah" really loud and got told to be quiet. That place is embarrassing. Imagine how much of a powerhouse that program could really be if the fans got at least 50% behind it.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    haie said:

If I’m Pete I make myself and all of the coaches rewatch the Stanford game from last year every fucking day until our next game with them.

It’s the only 2017 game I’ve rewatched multiple times.

Could they fast forward thru the truck race, or would they have to grind that out, as well?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Stanford is the only SEC team in the PAC. Of course they are going to be successful. Every fucking year.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Stanford is the only SEC team in the PAC. Of course they are going to be successful. Every fucking year.

A bunch of white guys who aren't total idiots really screams sec to me.
    Yeah, Stanford is whiter than Vandy.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I absolutely believe stanford being good is the number one issue with the pac perception.

The Pac sucking is the number one issue with pac perception.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Every conference has a Stanford (except for the Big 12, they're all shit schools). Vandy, Northwestern, and Duke are all there to make the occasional conferene title run and boost their conference's prestige by showing that they really do care about academics. It's a massive failure by every Pac-12 school for letting our token nerd school ascend as high as they have. We were well on our way to sending them tumbling back to the mediocre dregs where they came from, but Browning decided to shit his pants once again and give them a second chance at life that they don't deserve.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

Holy fuck. stfu
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,932 Founders Club
    Don't SEC teams usually fill their stadiums?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    I still can't believe they are good.

My freshman and sophomore year we beat them like 42-0 and 42-3.

I would have never believed you if you told me a few years later they'd be the best team in the pac