Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Someone give DDY and Swaye a lift to Portland

ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
http://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-world/oregon-bakery-fires-employees-for-denying-black-woman-service-after-closing

“The bakery has also volunteered to participate in Portland's second "Reparations Happy Hour", a black-only event in which whites donate money, and the hosting business hands out $10 bills to all "black, brown, and minority ethnicities" who walk into the business.”

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited June 2018
    If I was one of the fired employees I would be ecstatic. By admitting that the employees followed protocol, the bakery just opened itself up to an employment practices liability law suit. These fired workers are going to get paid serious cash, and the bakery is going to go out of business. Obviously the owner who made those comments is a very stupid soon to be former business owner. What a moron...

They might have insurance to cover some of the suit but I doubt it’s enough.

Oregon is an at will state. But I believe there is still some exposure here, considering the bakery states why they were fired. If they had just fired them and kept their mouths shut, they would have been much better off.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    edited June 2018
    Better idea....why don't you losers have another Hardcore Husky event and invite me and Dennis to drink free all night? Our own little reparations circle jerk.

Swaye said:

Better idea....why don't you losers have another Hardcore Husky event and invite me and Dennis to drink free all night? Our own little reparations circle jerk.

Because the water park thing.........
    Check and mate. Old age and treachery proves it still beats youth and exuberance.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Check and mate. Old age and treachery proves it still beats youth and exuberance.
    Which one exactly are you?

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Which one exactly are you?
    Dick.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,082 Standard Supporter
    Next they'll file race based law suits for closing checkouts at the grocery store. People don't really need to go home after work.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Next they'll file race based law suits for closing checkouts at the grocery store. People don't really need to go home after work.

Why not? "Those people" already take WAAAAY more than 15 items into the express lanes.

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    TOUCHDOWN Boobs!