Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sam "Boston Lager" Adams, 4* 2020 RB, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

IDK about him as a regular RB that gets double digit carries per game. I love him as an offensive recruit overall though. Hes fast and shifty enough to make the most of a few scattered carries, but the threat of him coming out of the backfield as a tall receiver, with the army of 6'2"+ receivers surrounding him, gets me excited.

Swaye said:

Well that sucks. Couch sale time.

Also shout out to Geoff Baker's integrity. "The Times won't name the minors accused in this story", then at the end of the article "the two unnamed EC players are signed to Cal and Washington." Next time just outright name them dipshit.

That was some bitch ass shit. Either they are minors and it's hands off, or name them. Don;t put everyone in a fucked up awkward situation with your little passive aggressive gay shit. What a fag. Anyone with a name like Geoff seems like a fag anyway. It's Jeff, loser.
    Wow POTY in my mind!
    It's not in your mind (though Swaye may be using magical native powers to reach into your mind and steal the secret location of your women and children). He actually posted this on the board though, so we all see it.
    I just love it when I quote and reply and it dredges up some aborted post from about a year ago and includes it.
    Am I the only one that thinks of aborted babies when ever the word aborted is used?

My mom made the wrong choice.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 766
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Eklund talking about Adams in a who will play article. Proves he didn't play in the truck either.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Eklund talking about Adams in a who will play article. Proves he didn't play in the truck either.

It does? I thought that was pretty undisputed at this point.
  • montlakemamamontlakemama Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Noticed he was still not in pads at the spring game today. Anyone know why?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Noticed he was still not in pads at the spring game today. Anyone know why?

He’s 7th string. He’s not lasting at RB and he’s a front runner to be door ass out.
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Maybe position change to CB?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kids gotta stay healthy before he plays anywhere. Seems like we've been hearing of his nagging injuries since his junior year of HS.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not sure if it was safety or corner but his HS defensive highlights looked like D was a better option for him.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Not sure if it was safety or corner but his HS defensive highlights looked like D was a better option for him.
    I know Gee Scott is pretty dumb, but he also said he’s a safety back when he was being recruited.

If you aren’t althe guy at RB for Eastside Catholic, you aren’t going to be one for UW.
    Adams always looked most natural in his tape as a DB

He also needs to embrace in his mind that that’s his best spot ... pretty clear at least to date he thinks he’s a RB

Pretty sure he will be buried by the depth at RB
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    We could really use Adams at DB especially with McDuffie leaving after this year.
  • HireBRoyHireBRoy Member Posts: 77

We could really use Adams at DB especially with McDuffie leaving after this year.

This is a very good point. I would love to see him at safety. We will most likely see attrition at DB after this year. With McDuffie gone and the possibility of Kyler blowing up this year and leaving, we could use an athlete like Adams back there. DB recruiting has been down the past couple years.

We have plenty of RBs as well.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HireBRoy said:

This is a very good point. I would love to see him at safety. We will most likely see attrition at DB after this year. With McDuffie gone and the possibility of Kyler blowing up this year and leaving, we could use an athlete like Adams back there. DB recruiting has been down the past couple years.

We have plenty of RBs as well.
    Add him to the bodies at safety and convince him to stay a year or two. The thing is, if he doesn’t want to do it, he’s soft and won’t be good anyways.

It’s kind of strange that his dad is a NFL player and he’s not jumping to move to the secondary. I recently read an article about former NFL WR’s like Joe Horn convincing their sons to play DB. Just by position alone, a safety or CB has a better shot than a RB to make it to the NFL and they get paid more and last longer too.
    It might be because his dad was an NFL player. Adams didn't grow up poor or even lower middle class. He grew up with money. Lots of rich kids grow up to go to liberal arts schools and other bullshit that isn't going to pay anything because they never experienced not having everything they want. Adams may be in that category. Or it just might be it's too early and they haven't tried to move him to DB yet.

Hopefully it's coming soon, I agree that would be the best place for him.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Very few tailbacks take in the 1st/2nd round these days.

DBs are at a premium. If you’re deciding between two positions it’s pretty obvious where your best chance is to see the field and get drafted.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

DBs are at a premium. If you’re deciding between two positions it’s pretty obvious where your best chance is to see the field and get drafted.

And even in just the last 10 years, there’s been a dramatic shift in how NFL teams utilize and value RBs.

2010 season: 11 RBs with 250+ carries
    2020 season: 3 RBs with 250+ carries

And how many RBs drafted in the first 2 rounds in the last 10 years would you look back and say “yeah that pick was worth it”?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

thechatch said:

And even in just the last 10 years, there’s been a dramatic shift in how NFL teams utilize and value RBs.

2010 season: 11 RBs with 250+ carries
    2020 season: 3 RBs with 250+ carries

And how many RBs drafted in the first 2 rounds in the last 10 years would you look back and say “yeah that pick was worth it”?
    Probably just Zeke, McCaffrey, and Cook. And Cook only because he was taken in the second round. And Zeke might not be worth it anymore after the year he just had.

It's wild that we're talking about potential HOFers here, and yet we can't be sure that they would've been worth the picks that they were taken at. I'm not sure why anyone would choose to play RB if they could play literally any other position.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Only one reason to play RB and that's desire to score touchdowns and have the defense focus on you. Otherwise, makes no sense from a financial and health perspective.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    Kniep is an idiot to run air raid a
    thechatch said:

Just wait till the NFL sees Jimmy Lakes offense. Running Backs are back.