Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Show your support for what this community means to you:


Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)



Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

I love articles that detail complete liberal stupidity in Seattle...

2»

Comments

  • greenbloodgreenblood Posts: 7,046
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

    Seattle isn’t losing jobs...yet, however the city does have a high amount of homeless per capita. Out of control homelessness and economic growth can coexist.

    Then why the fuck is the article talking about losing jobs?

    Seattle built more apartments than any city in the country this decade.

    Now there are signs the supply is catching up with demand, as rents have stagnated.

    Swaye - the thesis of the article is that Seattle's regulations on new housing are preventing the area from building enough units to meet demand. Seattle has more cranes than any city in the country, and has built more new units than any city in the country. The only point I agree with is that condo regulations are retarded here, but that isn't contributing to homelessness as apartments are being built instead.

    This amounts to laughing at Seattle for growing too fast due to a great economy and high paying jobs.
    Simple...The article is wrong on job loss.

    That doesn't mean the city doesn't have a homeless problem. As mentioned, I think a lot of it has to do with city hall pandering to them. Perfect example is Eugene/Springfield. A few years ago the city of Springfield banned panhandling, so what did the homeless do? They walked across the bridge to Eugene and took up shop there. Now the city of Eugene has double the amount of transients, because the city allows them to be there. If people stopped giving them money and the police were allowed to kick them out of parks and river beds, they would go somewhere else. It's like having a deadbeat child living in your home. The child isn't going to move out or get a job if he/she is allowed to mooch from the fridge and use the home WiFi at no charge.
    The Throbber finds that last part extremely hurtful.

    I'm just a bad person...
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Posts: 2,200
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes
    I hear there’s a giant ship bound for Alaska docked in the harbor with food and room accommodations for just over 4,000 people.
    uzi
  • greenbloodgreenblood Posts: 7,046
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

    I hear there’s a giant ship bound for Alaska docked in the harbor with food and room accommodations for just over 4,000 people.

    That would be the best financial decision made by the current city hall.
  • uziuzi Posts: 1,116
    Standard Supporter 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes
    It used to be fine to live in tents.

    Now some snobs complain that we decrease the property values of their hardipanel box houses.
    phineas
  • salemcoogsalemcoog Posts: 8,708
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    The Homeless population is growing exponentially in every community over 100,000 people. Homelessness is to the current as to what violent crime was to the 70s and 80s. We were able to stem violent crime by mandatory minimums and and building a shit load of prisons. However that was extremely expensive and really didn’t reduce recidivism much.

    While the impact of violent crime and homelessness on a community are much different, it appears that we are using a similar solution to the problem by investing in more flop houses instead of investing in mental health and job training. And in many communities, they are using prime real estate for these flophouses that will inevitably hurt the property values and businesses around them.

    And for those that actually give money to the pan handlers, instead of a local charity, you should be fined yourself. As you are only adding to the problem
    YellowSnowgreenblood
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 9,261
    Swaye's Wigwam 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

    The Homeless population is growing exponentially in every community over 100,000 people. Homelessness is to the current as to what violent crime was to the 70s and 80s. We were able to stem violent crime by mandatory minimums and and building a shit load of prisons. However that was extremely expensive and really didn’t reduce recidivism much.

    While the impact of violent crime and homelessness on a community are much different, it appears that we are using a similar solution to the problem by investing in more flop houses instead of investing in mental health and job training. And in many communities, they are using prime real estate for these flophouses that will inevitably hurt the property values and businesses around them.

    And for those that actually give money to the pan handlers, instead of a local charity, you should be fined yourself. As you are only adding to the problem

    I haven't given a dime to a bum in 20 + years. I know some here say everyone needs a drink now and then - and I get that - but it's really as simple as if you give money to pan handlers, they will pan handle.
    greenbloodpawz
  • salemcoogsalemcoog Posts: 8,708
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    uzi said:

    It used to be fine to live in tents.

    Now some snobs complain that we decrease the property values of their hardipanel box houses.

    The Tent Cities always have the best bicycle chop shops.
  • phineasphineas Posts: 3,633
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Where the fuck is the earthquake? The only way Seattle changes is with a hard reset.
    CirrhosisDawgpawzDHD
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Posts: 2,273
    250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes
    phineas said:

    Where the fuck is the earthquake? The only way Seattle changes is with a hard reset.

    That’s not going to stop the collection agency from pursuing repayment of the debt you defaulted on. Stealing is not ok.
    Fire_Marshall_Billphineas
  • phineasphineas Posts: 3,633
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

    phineas said:

    Where the fuck is the earthquake? The only way Seattle changes is with a hard reset.

    That’s not going to stop the collection agency from pursuing repayment of the debt you defaulted on. Stealing is not ok.
    Ok!
    CirrhosisDawg
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Posts: 2,273
    250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes
    phineas said:

    phineas said:

    Where the fuck is the earthquake? The only way Seattle changes is with a hard reset.

    That’s not going to stop the collection agency from pursuing repayment of the debt you defaulted on. Stealing is not ok.
    Ok!
    Good for you! You don’t want to end up like all the old fucks on the tug who post as self-proclaimed self-made troomps while having spent substantial time on welfare.

    There’s a reason dumb old white trash hate Mexicans and free trade.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Posts: 866
    250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes 500 Comments

    Seattle isn’t losing jobs...yet, however the city does have a high amount of homeless per capita. Out of control homelessness and economic growth can coexist.

    Then why the fuck is the article talking about losing jobs?

    Seattle built more apartments than any city in the country this decade.

    Now there are signs the supply is catching up with demand, as rents have stagnated.

    Swaye - the thesis of the article is that Seattle's regulations on new housing are preventing the area from building enough units to meet demand. Seattle has more cranes than any city in the country, and has built more new units than any city in the country. The only point I agree with is that condo regulations are retarded here, but that isn't contributing to homelessness as apartments are being built instead.

    This amounts to laughing at Seattle for growing too fast due to a great economy and high paying jobs.
    Guess we might as well not even pitch the tents then.
    I laffed
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 9,261
    Swaye's Wigwam 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

    phineas said:

    phineas said:

    Where the fuck is the earthquake? The only way Seattle changes is with a hard reset.

    That’s not going to stop the collection agency from pursuing repayment of the debt you defaulted on. Stealing is not ok.
    Ok!
    Good for you! You don’t want to end up like all the old fucks on the tug who post as self-proclaimed self-made troomps while having spent substantial time on welfare.

    There’s a reason dumb old white trash hate Mexicans and free trade.
    If we are going to bash welfare I am fucking out!
    My long period of fun-employment in 2009 was one of the best tim's of my life. Thank you Obama!! Sorry for voting against you in 2012.
    Swaye
Sign In or Register to comment.