Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What's in a name?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,416 Founders Club
Reading a book called Everybody Loves our Town. In it is a story about how Soundgarden wanted to name their album Louder Than Fuck. But at the last minute, their female manager decided that no band of hers was going to have an album name like that. So she renamed it Louder Than Love. The band members' reaction was a letdown. Including her husband Chris Cornell.

When I was writing Bow Down to Willingham, my friend Michelle continually urged me to name it Fuck You Willingham. I thought that was ridiculous. She pointed out a book called Shit My Dad Says that was selling like hotcakes.

To this day she insists my book would have been a bestseller had I listened to her.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,973 Founders Club
    edited May 2018
    I'll be first in line to buy Fuck You Sark if it's >>> Bow Down to Willingham.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

I'll be first in line to buy Fuck You Sark if it's >>> Bow Down to Willingham.

Sark > Ty POTD
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,135
    Pics?

You fucking must be knew hear!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,416 Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

Pics?

You fucking must be knew hear!

I think she’s beautiful but the board probably wouldn’t. She’s Persian, though I used to regularly call her Iranian because it irritated her.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Imagine how little access you’d have to the AD if you named it ‘fuck you willingham’