Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vegas sure likes our? Dwags

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

I'll take the Oregon spread.

I actually took you guys in the other three besides Oregon. Chip is a fat uninspiring turd now and you can tell UCLA has already stopped lifting which is what he prefers so his team can get faster. The Bruins are going to be shit heaps.

Stanford is done. They are Oregon under Mike Bellotti now, which is good, but they'll lose by 17 to you guys.

The Pirate isn't coming anywhere near UW.

The Oregon line stinks of retarded pre-season polling where you look at last year's record and slap a number to the new year taking nothing else into consideration. If Herbert doesn't go down Oregon finishes with 9 or 10 wins and this game is a pick em'.

Oregon has a significant edge at QB as far as physical talent, but every other position group for both teams matches up about the same in either returning experience, depth, promising youth or being unknown.

Both programs are doing the right things now. The north will be a two team race from now on fo see who loses to USC in the conference title game.
    Uh... Stanford beat both of us last year. People keep saying they will die, but they haven't yet. Of course they lost their bowl, but that's just Pac-12 football. I will take you on your word that Oregon is BACK.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

I actually took you guys in the other three besides Oregon. Chip is a fat uninspiring turd now and you can tell UCLA has already stopped lifting which is what he prefers so his team can get faster. The Bruins are going to be shit heaps.

Stanford is done. They are Oregon under Mike Bellotti now, which is good, but they'll lose by 17 to you guys.

The Oregon line stinks of retarded pre-season polling where you look at last year's record and slap a number to the new year taking nothing else into consideration. If Herbert doesn't go down Oregon finishes with 9 or 10 wins and this game is a pick em'.

Oregon has a significant edge at QB as far as physical talent, but every other position group for both teams matches up about the same in either returning experience, depth, promising youth or being unknown.

Both programs are doing the right things now. The north will be a two team race from now on fo see who loses to USC in the conference title game.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

Uh... Stanford beat both of us last year. People keep saying they will die, but they haven't yet. Of course they lost their bowl, but that's just Pac-12 football. I will take you on your word that Oregon is BACK.
    I don't think Oregon is back, but UW has been a paper tiger as much as any team in history the last two years. 2016 you had a schedule so easy you'd have to look at the way back to Oregon's schedule this season to find one easier. UW played two good teams that year and were physically dominated by both.

Last year I thought Stanford and ASU were by far the most physical teams in the conference and both slapped UW around. The ASU/Oregon game with a healthy Herbie was the best comparison to where both programs are; fairly soft, but a 9 or 10 win team in a shit conference. It was Pete's four year plan to lose a Rose Bowl or whatever the shit they called that Penn State game.

This year UW is going to get absolutely bitch slapped up front to start the season, split the Oregon and Stanford games (don't know which will be the L), then lose their bowl game.

I expect Oregon to do the same, but might win the bowl game as they'll lose two conference games and play in the gas station bowl or some garbage.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

I don't think Oregon is back, but UW has been a paper tiger as much as any team in history the last two years. 2016 you had a schedule so easy you'd have to look at the way back to Oregon's schedule this season to find one easier. UW played two good teams that year and were physically dominated by both.

Last year I thought Stanford and ASU were by far the most physical teams in the conference and both slapped UW around. The ASU/Oregon game with a healthy Herbie was the best comparison to where both programs are; fairly soft, but a 9 or 10 win team in a shit conference. It was Pete's four year plan to lose a Rose Bowl or whatever the shit they called that Penn State game.

This year UW is going to get absolutely bitch slapped up front to start the season, split the Oregon and Stanford games (don't know which will be the L), then lose their bowl game.

I expect Oregon to do the same, but might win the bowl game as they'll lose two conference games and play in the gas station bowl or some garbage.
    Disagree
  • Options
    edited May 2018

so the most physical teams in the pac both lost to sdsu huh

Are you surprised? The conference sent a record number of teams to bowls and they won one of them.

The Mountain West was better than the Pac-12 last year, which is becoming a fairly common occurrence.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I like to say that the team that went to the CFP 2 years ago, shared the division title last year, and returns a boatload of key contributors on both of those teams is lucky to be on the same plane as the Ducks ... that’s how I like to Quook

GTFO with that shit ...

Even if that was true (and it isn’t), you still have to account that the UW staff runs circles around the Oregon staff
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I like to say that the team that went to the CFP 2 years ago, shared the division title last year, and returns a boatload of key contributors on both of those teams is lucky to be on the same plane as the Ducks ... that’s how I like to Quook

GTFO with that shit ...

Even if that was true (and it isn’t), you still have to account that the UW staff runs circles around the Oregon staff

What is UW's best win under Peterman? I'll give you a hint; it's super fucking unimpressive.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

First (WE?) beat Stanford by 17 then we may lose that game? Which one is it MFS?
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Mosster’s a huge fucking Jack faggot.

Agree
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club
    haie said:

I like some of Mossters points, though he’s spazzing out with delusions of Duck grandeur
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

haie said:

I like some of Mossters points, though he’s spazzing out with delusions of Arizona grandeur
    It's far worse.
  • Options

haie said:

I like some of Mossters points, though he’s spazzing out with delusions of Duck grandeur
    I don't see the grandeur. The Ducks have a top 5 pick at QB, a deep but unproven RB stable, a total mystery at WR, great size but average receiving TE core, and ridiculous amount of riches on the O-line.

The D-line has some promising youth with a 1st round caliber senior. The LB's are experienced with a sure fire NFL player leading the group. The DB's are young but have a crazy amount of depth.

The punter is back, the kicker will be new.

Replace the top 5 QB with a guy that has played a ton and you have UW. Whatever UW fans think they are capable of Duck fans should be as well. A healthy Herbie gets Oregon 9 or 10 wins last year and they are sitting around #13 in the preseason for 2018.

Oregon was the most consistent program in the conference for 25 years, had one bad year, one rebuild year, and appear ready to get back into double digit win territory on a regular basis again. That's not grandeur, that's what serious football programs do.

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

I don't see the grandeur. The Ducks have a top 5 pick at QB, a deep but unproven RB stable, a total mystery at WR, great size but average receiving TE core, and ridiculous amount of riches on the O-line.

The D-line has some promising youth with a 1st round caliber senior. The LB's are experienced with a sure fire NFL player leading the group. The DB's are young but have a crazy amount of depth.

The punter is back, the kicker will be new.

Replace the top 5 QB with a guy that has played a ton and you have UW. Whatever UW fans think they are capable of Duck fans should be as well. A healthy Herbie gets Oregon 9 or 10 wins last year and they are sitting around #13 in the preseason for 2018.

Oregon was the most consistent program in the conference for 25 years, had one bad year, one rebuild year, and appear ready to get back into double digit win territory on a regular basis again. That's not grandeur, that's what serious football programs do.

Uh, which 10 games do you expect to win?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

We have a coaching staff that develops players and the best S&C program in the country. You have a Sark.

HTH