Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thank you for your service, kids.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,525
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mandatory abortions. Save the children.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It makes more sense to me to publicize an armed citizen shooting a perp than the near glorification of the shooters we get

Not for political reasons but to plant the idea that you may not be entering the soft target you were looking for

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

It makes more sense to me to publicize an armed citizen shooting a perp than the near glorification of the shooters we get

Not for political reasons but to plant the idea that you may not be entering the soft target you were looking for

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein
    You need to travel more.
  • Options
    RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

You need to travel more.
    I've traveled quite a bit. Mostly Europe though.

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

60 million people attend k - 12 schools every year vs a few hundred thousand for our military. So let's redo the stats and show the rate at which people are killed at schools vs being in the military and see which one is safer.

It shouldn't even be a fucking thought to have to compare the two.
    So then why did they make the comparison?
    Because more students than military have died this year. Are you serious?
    It’s almost as if today’s marginalized youth are more dangerous than terrorists. But blame the Guns. It’s always the Guns.
    Armed citizen kills mass shooter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5769727/One-dead-injured-mass-shooting-Oklahoma-City-restaurant.html
    After the shooting.
    Who said he didn't have more people to shoot? Look at the bright side. Also saved a ton in court and jail costs! He is a permanently rehabilitated criminal.

If this happened more often in all violent crime circumstances there would be less violent crime. That was the very reason carjackers in Florida years ago selected rental cars as victims because many were being shot by Florida residents who had concealed carry permits. They knew most rentals were out of state people without permits.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    It's crunch time for school shooters with summer break coming up. Just the price we have to pay for freedom. MAGA!
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/25/us/indiana-school-shots-fired/index.html
  • Options

It's crunch time for school shooters with summer break coming up. Just the price we have to pay for freedom. MAGA!
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/25/us/indiana-school-shots-fired/index.html

Turn in YOUR guns! It'll help.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,400
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I once traveled to a mosque in India
  • Options

I once traveled to a mosque in India

Did you strap up with a suicide vest? Mutually assured destruction makes for a more polite society.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

You need to travel more.

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

60 million people attend k - 12 schools every year vs a few hundred thousand for our military. So let's redo the stats and show the rate at which people are killed at schools vs being in the military and see which one is safer.

It’s almost as if today’s marginalized youth are more dangerous than terrorists. But blame the Guns. It’s always the Guns.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5769727/One-dead-injured-mass-shooting-Oklahoma-City-restaurant.html
    After the shooting.
    Who said he didn't have more people to shoot? Look at the bright side. Also saved a ton in court and jail costs! He is a permanently rehabilitated criminal.

If this happened more often in all violent crime circumstances there would be less violent crime. That was the very reason carjackers in Florida years ago selected rental cars as victims because many were being shot by Florida residents who had concealed carry permits. They knew most rentals were out of state people without permits.
    Must have been terrifying. How did you survive without your gun? Butterfly knife?
  • Options
    RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

You need to travel more.

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

After the shooting.

Must have been terrifying. How did you survive without your gun? Butterfly knife?
    I always have a gun. HTH
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

You need to travel more.

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

After the shooting.

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

You need to travel more.

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

After the shooting.

I always have a gun. HTH
    As a supreme court certified firearms expert, I would certainly hope so.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My guns are on my arms. I bear them. I will save the children.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    PurpleJ said:

I haven't heard of any TacTown massacres, guess it's working.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

I haven't heard of any TacTown massacres, guess it's working.
    It's like in Friday where the dad has him fight with his dukes up like a man, because you live to fight another day.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    Standard Supporter

And what point are they trying to make? Are they trying to say that it's more risky to go to school than it is to be engaged in military combat?
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

And what point are they trying to make? Are they trying to say that it's more risky to go to school than it is to be engaged in military combat?
    Jesus
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Expected to see Hondo all over this thread, but can't find him anywhere.

Why?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Expected to see Hondo all over this thread, but can't find him anywhere.

Why?
    Nope the New Hondo is a LIPO, DINO.