Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Orin Patu, 2019 3* BUCK, Seattle (Ranier Beach), WA

2»

Comments

• guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    elord821 said:

chuck said:

elord821 said:

I like Patu as well. There are a couple wait-and-see guys left in this year's in-state class who might have good senior years, but Patu is the only one left I think I'd feel good about offering right now.

He can definitely grow into that frame. His speed and bend around the edge is pretty impressive for a guy who is legit 6'4".

Also, powerball is test where you throw a ball from your chest, with a bench press-like motion, while standing on your knees so there's no extra torque. I think it's meant to assess upper body power.

How come when I say this I get butt-fucked, and when anyone else says it, then it's no problem?
    Lot of buttfuckers on this bored. There can't be buttfuckers without buttfuckees.
    I must've been a good sport about it all along. All the other buttfuckees have left.
    @Tequilla is still here.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

At the Opening he put up good numbers:

6-4
    200 (needs more, but has a good frame)
    4.69 (which for a guy 6-4, 200 who probably doesn't run sprints in track is flying)
    4.22 shuttle (really good)
    36.0 powerball (I'm still trying to figure out what this means, but whatever)
    33.6 vert (pretty good for a kid that size)

I'm into him.

Look at his hips, too thin
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    elord821 said:

I like Patu as well. There are a couple wait-and-see guys left in this year's in-state class who might have good senior years, but Patu is the only one left I think I'd feel good about offering right now.

He can definitely grow into that frame. His speed and bend around the edge is pretty impressive for a guy who is legit 6'4".

Also, powerball is test where you throw a ball from your chest, with a bench press-like motion, while standing on your knees so there's no extra torque. I think it's meant to assess upper body power.

How come when I say this I get butt-fucked, and when anyone else says it, then it's no problem?
    You're being targeted for persecution because no one likes your elord83092308 handle... you might want to read this: http://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/34293/pm-to-nesnake12-and-everyone-else-with-a-shitty-handle/p1
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Swaye said:

Also - this is probably very believable, but his dad is Saul Patu. My first AOL screen name was Saul Patu. True story.

Holy fuck! I know you! We had cyber sex in the "Power Tools" chat room in 1998. My name was PowerBottomChief. Remember?

I loved you for days.
    I was SaulPatu@aol.com while Saul was at Rainier Beach. I had started doing some scouting for Blue Chips and I laughed at the name. Me and my friend Dean started calling ourselves the Patu twins. It was a whole thing.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Josh Shirley is having belly laughs at this thread about being too small.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Always good to be planning for Plan D guys in May
  • elord821 said:

You're being targeted for persecution because no one likes your elord83092308 handle... you might want to read this: http://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/34293/pm-to-nesnake12-and-everyone-else-with-a-shitty-handle/p1
    I did not know that. Was it in the orientation for the newcomers?
  • At the Opening he put up good numbers:

6-4
    4.69 (which for a guy 6-4, 200 who probably doesn't run sprints in track is flying)

I'm into him.

What is the lower bound that is still tolerable for you? 230? 240?
    elord821 said:

6-4

I'm into him.

Idieally you want the BUCK to be around 245-260. SAM around 230-245. It is mostly about being able to set the edge first, then rushing the QB
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

elord821 said:

6-4

I'm into him.

Idieally you want the BUCK to be around 245-260. SAM around 230-245. It is mostly about being able to set the edge first, then rushing the QB
    Right, and Patu has one more year in high school, plus a redshirt year if he comes here. Should be enough tim to get up to about 230, which is enough to at least come off the bench.
    edited May 2018

elord821 said:

6-4

I'm into him.

Right, and Patu has one more year in high school, plus a redshirt year if he comes here. Should be enough tim to get up to about 230, which is enough to at least come off the bench.
    As a sam sure, but I want a fucking buck. Channeling my inner passion
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Jumped from 546 nationally and 33 among OLB to 215 and 14 in the new rankings for LB's. Now rated a 4*. Maybe a last resort when Kwat misses on all his targets.
  • dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    I played against his dad for years. If he is anything like pops we should take him.
    edited October 2018
    fuck, he looks like feeney