Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jalen McMillan, 2020 4* WR, Fresno (San Joaquin), CA (COMMITTED!)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Sorry guys. This one is more accurate.

Actually, well done.

Did you fucking search "animals" for like 10 mins to find that one?!
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    “USC and Notre Dame, they’re always hitting me up, letting me know, they’re still interested in me,” said McMillan. “Coach (Keary) Colbert at USC and Coach (Delvaughn) Alexander at Notre Dame are the ones. They want me to take official visits there but I’m probably not doing that because I’m solid to Washington.”

McMillan said he plans to sign in December then do track in the spring for San Joaquin Memorial, which doesn’t allow early graduation.

“Track in college is an option for me because it gets you in shape,” said McMillan.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

“USC and Notre Dame, they’re always hitting me up, letting me know, they’re still interested in me,” said McMillan. “Coach (Keary) Colbert at USC and Coach (Delvaughn) Alexander at Notre Dame are the ones. They want me to take official visits there but I’m probably not doing that because I’m solid to Washington.”

McMillan said he plans to sign in December then do track in the spring for San Joaquin Memorial, which doesn’t allow early graduation.

“Track in college is an option for me because it gets you in shape,” said McMillan.

I don't love the "probably" but I'm not particularly worried here.
    I think the losses to shit teams have kids a little worried.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

as it should
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Including Notre Dame makes me more confident he sticks.
  • Options
    JnewbludJnewblud Member Posts: 36
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

dnc said:

Cal and Stanford aren't shit teams. Cal was in the top 25 for nearly two weeks, and Stanford is always an above average D1. Competively, neither should ever really be overlooked.

PAC 12 teams are too close in talent level to each other (the other Power 5 conferences are top heavy, SEC Bama-LSU-Georgia, ACC Clemson, Big 10, Ohio State, Penn State, Wolverines, Big 12 Sooners, Longhorns ).

Believe UW's 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes will tip the scale.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Jnewblud said:

dnc said:

Cal and Stanford aren't shit teams. Cal was in the top 25 for nearly two weeks, and Stanford is always an above average D1. Competively, neither should ever really be overlooked.

PAC 12 teams are too close in talent level to each other (the other Power 5 conferences are top heavy, SEC Bama-LSU-Georgia, ACC Clemson, Big 10, Ohio State, Penn State, Wolverines, Big 12 Sooners, Longhorns ).

Stanford got the shit beat out of them with a backup qb at usc. Got the shit beat out of them at UCf. Their offense scored one TD vs northwestern. Couldn’t score a TD vs Oregon. That is a shit Stanford team that dominated uw. Take all the screenshots you need. Let alone it was basically their 2nd and 3rd string at a ton of key positions.

Cal is good on defense. Their offense is garbage.

Have some freaking standards.
    They may be having down years, but Oregon, USC, and UCF aren't cupcake D1 teams either. Stanford and Cal aren't an East Carolina or Central Michigan, never will be. A high caliber Ayden Hector type committing to a Stanford, USC, Oregon, UCF or even a Cal is unsurprising - and that is illustrative of the difference in caliber, clout and "standards" even in down years. Oregon, USC, UFC, Stanford and Cal draw and have greater numbers of high level competitive players than average D1s (or have a reasonable expectation of it), that is the point, and that is the "standard" being referred to.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,900
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jnewblud said:

Jnewblud said:

dnc said:

Stanford got the shit beat out of them with a backup qb at usc. Got the shit beat out of them at UCf. Their offense scored one TD vs northwestern. Couldn’t score a TD vs Oregon. That is a shit Stanford team that dominated uw. Take all the screenshots you need. Let alone it was basically their 2nd and 3rd string at a ton of key positions.

They may be having down years, but Oregon, USC, and UCF aren't cupcake D1 teams either. Stanford and Cal aren't an East Carolina or Central Michigan, never will be. A high caliber Ayden Hector type committing to a Stanford, USC, Oregon, UCF or even a Cal is unsurprising - and that is illustrative of the difference in caliber, clout and "standards" even in down years. Oregon, USC, UFC, Stanford and Cal draw and have greater numbers of high level competitive players than average D1s (or have a reasonable expectation of it), that is the point, and that is the "standard" being referred to.
    This is a currently weak Pac-12. Both inexcusable loses.

STFU or go back to doogman.
  • Options

Jnewblud said:

Jnewblud said:

dnc said:

This is a currently weak Pac-12. Both inexcusable loses.

STFU or go back to doogman.
    I don’t agree that the PAC 12 is weak. That’s gets thrown out too much. They were definitely inexcusable losses.
    There is no threat in any of the programs that could win a playoff game let alone make it there. The sec has probably 5 teams that would win the pac 12 if they were in our conference.

If you want teams in between the 12-25 rankings the league is okay.
  • Options
    I know this not a popular opinion as everyone out west likes to think they play football good out here too. This year if you don’t think auburn Florida or Georgia would not win the pac 12 I don’t think you are being honest.
    Auburn has likely beat the best team in the pac 12 in back to back years and they are a middle of the pack team in their conference.
    Florida and auburn are flawed teams for sure, but give me them over Oregon or Utah this year in a heartbeat. Auburn can barely complete a forward pass This year and still beat Oregon which is an embarrassment.
    Georgia bama and LSU physically are so much better physically than any team out west minus usc who has some good athletes but sucks.

Pick any team against any of those too 5 sec teams on a neutral field and the pac 12 is likely the The underdog in every scenario. That’s not good.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The top 10 schools that had the most players selected in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Alabama – 10
    Washington – 9
    Ohio State – 9
    Oklahoma – 8
    Texas A&M – 7
    Georgia – 7
    Clemson – 6
    Ole Miss – 6
    Penn State – 6

With the exception of Clemson, the PAC 12 is overall better than the ACC. Huskies sent more players to the league in the 2019 Draft. Only one team did better in the Draft.

The PAC 12 is neck-and-neck with the Big 12.

Only one BIG Ten team you can say would be dominant in the PAC 12, and that team lost to Purdue last year. The next best consistant Big Ten team is Michigan, and they were blown out by Wisconsin, and barely beat Iowa 10 to 3.

So we are really just talking about the top of the SEC. The SEC literally vacuums up defensive linemen and offensive linemen from the South and the presumption of toughness that comes with it (even when it's unearned). And as @RoadDawg55 mentioned Georgia just lost to South Carolina.

So really only one true alpha in the SEC, Alabama. One dominant team in the Big Ten. One dominant team in ACC. And one dominant team in the Big 12.

Full circle, only problem with the PAC 12 is it has been too long without one or two consistently dominant teams (also Cal and Stanford are not shit teams...the losses aren't inexcusable, they're just frustrating).

UWs 2019 and 2020 classes may resolve the dominance problem.
  • Options

This pussy self-loathing view of the Pac12 has manifested itself into the national narrative. Shit the fuck up, it's a middle of the road P5 conference this year. Being whiny bitches about it makes the situation worse.

im not saying all those teams would go undefeated in the PAC 12. Barely anyone goes undefeated. But I don't think it would be that difficult for any of those 5 to win the conference this year.

this conference sucks until it doesn't. Ohio state embarrassed the conference champ in back to back years. again there is not a single team in conference that would favored on a neutral field against the top 5 of the premiere confence in the country. That's not good. Someone needs to step up and it doesn't appear like anyone will until usc gets their shit together. Uw Oregon and Utah are all better programs right now but not close to becoming elite. They are all going to live in the 15-25 range.

If you want to compare the PAC 12 vs the big 12 or big 10 that's or acc that's different after the top of each of those leagues. After Oklahoma Ohio state and Clemson those leagues have their own problems. Pac 12 is probably comparable to the big 10 after Ohio state.