Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Color Me Unimpressed w/ "Coming to a City Near You"

Referencing the latest TSIO pod, today's "Coming to a City Near You" blitz recruiting marketing "strategy" reeks as reactionary to Whoregon's "superpower" social media blast last week of where their coaches were headed. There's nothing to engage with as a recruit/fan other than a rather simple animated gif of a flight path. That, and there's little personality reference or location context. I know there are smart people in the UW athletic dept, but this pales, comparatively. I can't imagine this gets a rise out of any BUCKs, even though I appreciate the idea to excite recruits/Doogs, but...sigh.

https://twitter.com/UW_Football/status/993555417375555584

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    reactionary to Whoregon's super power reaction to West Side Noles...we're #3.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I’m going to slightly disagree with this because I have seen some coaches call out where they have been going historically by area codes, etc

It’s not our staff MO to specify the details and given how people tend to follow our offers, etc better to not call out our targets per se. Some you can’t do anything about like going to Kansas.

As for responding to Oregon, that’s probably 19% true. The reality is a lot of schools are doing something in this regard. The key for UW is doing what works for them as part of their plan.