Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Fans of loser schools (WSU, Oregon, ASU, et all)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Winning on the field is the standard of the current era. You can't 'win' something that's handed out by default. Voted natties are for doogs living in the past. It's all they can cling too after the heartbreaking Bama loss.

So the 1995 Nebraska team was illegitimate because they didn’t win it on the field?
    Anyone who doubts Tommy Frasier and Lawrence Phillips in the same backfield can shut the fuck up.

Can we hyper analyze this. Look at that 6 foot 220 running back make that cut back, break about 7 tackles, and high step it in. How demoralizing it must be to be an SEC DB and watch a bigger man run past you.

Meanwhile Tommie Frazier breaks another 11 tackles and is so board with the lack of competition he actually looks back to see if people are still competing. And they weren't.

That was the biggest game of Steve Spurriers career and that Hall of Fame coach couldn't make them try. Mid 90s Nebraska is GOAT imo.
    Bull shit.

Just as a little refresher, that Florida defense was as soft as the French resistance. That game is the reason Bob Stoops was hired to be D coordinator at Florida. Once that happened, it was lights out.

Phillips was a CLASSIC Nebraska I back. They are unbelievable bullies at what they do until you take it away. What you need to take it away isn't complicated: you need the athletes who can, without struggling, run sideline to sideline with you, and who can handle a physical inside running game, because that explains about 99.5% of Nebraska's offense in those days.

Note, too, how many Nebraska I backs were shit in the NFL once they had to start running between the tackles and actually show some vision and moves. NFL defenses blow that Power I option shit right the fuck up just organically with personnel. Let me explain further. Rich Alexis (member him?) would have been a great Nebraska I back. What ever happened to Rich?

A fast and physical defense could have handled that team. Tommie ran it as good as anyone ever, but you're getting carried away. The 01, 91, 86 and 89 Miami defenses shut that shit down COLD. 91 Washington shuts that shit down COLD. Probably some of the mid-90s Florida State defenses do too - Boulware, Brooks and those guys. No way you're running around them, and if you punch them in the mouth up the middle, they punch back.

You are basing all this hype on a show against a soft as fuck defense.

And I'm not sure where you're getting that it was Spurrier's biggest game. He coached in a few. He beat Peyton Manning every year he played at Tennessee. He beat Gene Stallings at Alabama 5 out of 6 times. And he won a title in the Sugar in 1996. Why is a loss his biggest gayme? You must be a Husker fan.

In terms of GOAT, the 2001 Miami team beats that Nebraska team. Miami was better at more things and had a more balanced offense.
    I can respect the 2001 Miami argument, but don't pretend Lawrence Phillips was a system back. He was a man with serious character issues and eventually a murdering problem.

The fiesta bowl was Spurriers biggest game to date. He won the title the following year, but that game was a battle against the undefeated defending national champs while they were still unbeaten.

You must be a dirty South homer to disrespect the mid 90s Nebraska.
    Not a system back. Good at what he did at Nebrasak - run out of the power I option. It's a different animal than taking the ball and running between the tackles. In addition to being a giant moron, he failed miserably as a pro on the field. His game didn't translate. He was a straight line runner who couldn't create.
    He was notably drunk before games all the time. It is what it is.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I only gave this post an upvote, instead of a chin, because you're talking smack to an ASU team that beat us on the field. If you had used Cal instead of ASU, then this would have gotten a chin.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Winning on the field is the standard of the current era. You can't 'win' something that's handed out by default. Voted natties are for doogs living in the past. It's all they can cling too after the heartbreaking Bama loss.

So the 1995 Nebraska team was illegitimate because they didn’t win it on the field?
    Anyone who doubts Tommy Frasier and Lawrence Phillips in the same backfield can shut the fuck up.

Can we hyper analyze this. Look at that 6 foot 220 running back make that cut back, break about 7 tackles, and high step it in. How demoralizing it must be to be an SEC DB and watch a bigger man run past you.

Meanwhile Tommie Frazier breaks another 11 tackles and is so board with the lack of competition he actually looks back to see if people are still competing. And they weren't.

That was the biggest game of Steve Spurriers career and that Hall of Fame coach couldn't make them try. Mid 90s Nebraska is GOAT imo.
    Bull shit.

Just as a little refresher, that Florida defense was as soft as the French resistance. That game is the reason Bob Stoops was hired to be D coordinator at Florida. Once that happened, it was lights out.

Phillips was a CLASSIC Nebraska I back. They are unbelievable bullies at what they do until you take it away. What you need to take it away isn't complicated: you need the athletes who can, without struggling, run sideline to sideline with you, and who can handle a physical inside running game, because that explains about 99.5% of Nebraska's offense in those days.

Note, too, how many Nebraska I backs were shit in the NFL once they had to start running between the tackles and actually show some vision and moves. NFL defenses blow that Power I option shit right the fuck up just organically with personnel. Let me explain further. Rich Alexis (member him?) would have been a great Nebraska I back. What ever happened to Rich?

A fast and physical defense could have handled that team. Tommie ran it as good as anyone ever, but you're getting carried away. The 01, 91, 86 and 89 Miami defenses shut that shit down COLD. 91 Washington shuts that shit down COLD. Probably some of the mid-90s Florida State defenses do too - Boulware, Brooks and those guys. No way you're running around them, and if you punch them in the mouth up the middle, they punch back.

And I'm not sure where you're getting that it was Spurrier's biggest game. He coached in a few. He beat Peyton Manning every year he played at Tennessee. He beat Gene Stallings at Alabama 5 out of 6 times. And he won a title in the Sugar in 1996. Why is a loss his biggest gayme? You must be a Husker fan.

In terms of GOAT, the 2001 Miami team beats that Nebraska team. Miami was better at more things and had a more balanced offense.
    I can respect the 2001 Miami argument, but don't pretend Lawrence Phillips was a system back. He was a man with serious character issues and eventually a murdering problem.

The fiesta bowl was Spurriers biggest game to date. He won the title the following year, but that game was a battle against the undefeated defending national champs while they were still unbeaten.

Not a system back. Good at what he did at Nebrasak - run out of the power I option. It's a different animal than taking the ball and running between the tackles. In addition to being a giant moron, he failed miserably as a pro on the field. His game didn't translate. He was a straight line runner who couldn't create.
    That would do it.

Now he's in San Quentin or someplace like that I think.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Bull shit.

That would do it.

He's dead. After he murdered his cell mate.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Bull shit.

That would do it.

He's dead. After he murdered his cell mate.
    Wow. Missed that.