Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I took a long walk for perspective

2»

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

We're considering Huff a killer recruiter now? Let's not confuse good players with difficult targets. Curne is the biggest pull he's gotten so far, and he was a three-star from a small school who didn't get good offers until late. I like Huff, but he hasn't done anywhere near enough to be crowned already.

He got Mele from AZ who had an offer from Oklahoma before he committed
    I could have picked either one because they're roughly the same. I still think it's harder to get a kid out of Texas, but either way it's not like either of them are elite recruits. Putting him in the same bracket as Lake is way premature.
    I think Vic is elite not from the underwear Olympic point of view, but more like no fucking way kid that big and fat should be moving soft and fast
    Sure, but again, let's not conflate how good a recruit is with how hard it was to recruit them. I really like Curne as a player. I'm also fairly optimistic about Huff, but we still don't really know what kind of recruiter he's going to be.
    If he gets good players, why the fuck should I care if he is getting difficult to recruit ones?

Do we get a degree of difficulty score adjustments on Saturdays in the Fall? Is this figure skating?
    Because we're talking about whether or not he's good at recruiting. If you want to talk about whether or not he can identify underrated talent, that's a different question.

No one had any questions about whether or not Pete could find underrated talent when he came here. The question was whether or not he could win recruiting battles for top recruits.

I think Pete has shown that he can. Huff hasn't been here long enough to show much of anything. He hasn't landed any true blue chips yet.

Should he be able to find underrated recruits and develop them? Yes. Should he also be able to land blue chip recruits that we like when he needs to? Also yes.

You literally just posted the thread about recruiting rankings, why are you arguing with me on this? The blue chip ratio on your roster directly correlates with wins and nattys.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

We're considering Huff a killer recruiter now? Let's not confuse good players with difficult targets. Curne is the biggest pull he's gotten so far, and he was a three-star from a small school who didn't get good offers until late. I like Huff, but he hasn't done anywhere near enough to be crowned already.

He got Mele from AZ who had an offer from Oklahoma before he committed
    I could have picked either one because they're roughly the same. I still think it's harder to get a kid out of Texas, but either way it's not like either of them are elite recruits. Putting him in the same bracket as Lake is way premature.
    I think Vic is elite not from the underwear Olympic point of view, but more like no fucking way kid that big and fat should be moving soft and fast
    Sure, but again, let's not conflate how good a recruit is with how hard it was to recruit them. I really like Curne as a player. I'm also fairly optimistic about Huff, but we still don't really know what kind of recruiter he's going to be.
    If he gets good players, why the fuck should I care if he is getting difficult to recruit ones?

Do we get a degree of difficulty score adjustments on Saturdays in the Fall? Is this figure skating?
    Because we're talking about whether or not he's good at recruiting. If you want to talk about whether or not he can identify underrated talent, that's a different question.

No one had any questions about whether or not Pete could find underrated talent when he came here. The question was whether or not he could win recruiting battles for top recruits.

I think Pete has shown that he can. Huff hasn't been here long enough to show much of anything. He hasn't landed any true blue chips yet.

Should he be able to find underrated recruits and develop them? Yes. Should he also be able to land blue chip recruits that we like when he needs to? Also yes.

You literally just posted the thread about recruiting rankings, why are you arguing with me on this? The blue chip ratio on your roster directly correlates with wins and nattys.
    Now you are framing it slightly differently. Obviously highly rated recruits tend to be better than less highly rated recruits. That isn't the same as saying a guy can't be a good recruiter without closing on "difficult to recruit" players. It all goes to the definition of "difficult to recruit". Does that just mean highly rated, or difficult for other reasons?

And, for what it is worth, Curne may have only been a mid-ranked prospect, but he was a difficult recruit by nature of the fact he was in Houston and got interest from Big XII schools late in the process.
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    A long walk...