Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Could Justin Herbert be a top NFL draft pick in 2019?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

So bringing back a bunch of lineman who couldn't open a hole for the last 2 years, is a good thing. No quookin here.
    The Ducks had three backs with over 5ypc against you guys when you were playing 8 or 9 guys for the run.

Let's not pretend like Oregon doesn't have a good O-line. Turdmeister had time to throw also, he just can't. Like at all.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    QUESTION: Could Justin Herbert be a top NFL draft pick in 2019?

ANSWER: Yes.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

So bringing back a bunch of lineman who couldn't open a hole for the last 2 years, is a good thing. No quookin here.
    The Ducks had three backs with over 5ypc against you guys when you were playing 8 or 9 guys for the run.

Let's not pretend like Oregon doesn't have a good O-line. Turdmeister had time to throw also, he just can't. Like at all.
    Chinned to put this herstorically significant example of QUookin in the Smiffsonian.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn’t realize that Hop Valley Brewing was based out of Eugene. They aren’t bad, although too many IPA offerings, in my honest opinion.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

Yeah that Oline was so dominant against all of those Freshman LB’ers we ran out there.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Only this place can complicate an incredibly simple thing.

NFL drafts potential ... all. the. tim. Jake has no potential. He shits the bed, AND he has no physicals. Herbie shits the bed, but has the physicals.

He's big, has an arm and can run - not like MM, but he can run.

He's made some great throws that QBs like Jake would struggle to make. I seen 'em.

He's been shit terrible. I seen that too.

He's kind of like Royce Freeman. The body is there, it shows up in flashes and it makes you keep watching for moar.

We'll find out if Royce is really a pussy or if he was holding out on Oregon.

Herbert can play; we'll find out if he can be consistent.

Either way, you know the rest.
  • Options

Herbert reminds me of Jim Druckenmiller (1997 1st round pick of the 49ers). Good college career at VA Tech. NFL scouts loved his strong arm. Spent three years in the NFL as a rarely used backup. Never developed NFL QB skills.

This is EXACTLY right. Few remember him, but he was big, had a cannon for an arm, and was fairly athletic for a tall white guy.

Hard to predict whether that will happen to Herbert or not. Some guys get to the NFL and blow up good, and some don't.
  • Options

NFL drafts potential ... all. the. tim. Jake has no potential. He shits the bed, AND he has no physicals. Herbie shits the bed, but has the physicals.

He's made some great throws that QBs like Jake would struggle to make. I seen 'em.

He's kind of like Royce Freeman. The body is there, it shows up in flashes and it makes you keep watching for moar.

Jesus. For being the WSU Tequilla who is an Oregon fan make your fucking point already.

Christ.
    Bourdain yourself.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Herbert reminds me of Jim Druckenmiller (1997 1st round pick of the 49ers). Good college career at VA Tech. NFL scouts loved his strong arm. Spent three years in the NFL as a rarely used backup. Never developed NFL QB skills.

Druckenmiller would've been the perfect fit for the porking lot.

Legal Troubles
    Malicious Wounding

In 1996, Druckenmiller was charged with malicious wounding in connection with a bar brawl. One witness quoted Druckenmiller as saying to him, "Did you see me kick that guy's butt?" The judge held that the evidence against Druckenmiller was not sufficient to convict him and threw out the charge.[14]
    Rape Allegations

On April 24, 1999, police in Blacksburg, Va., reported that Druckenmiller had been charged with rape, stemming from an incident in a house between 3 and 4 a.m. on March 4 of that year.[15] According to Assistant Commonwealth Attorney Curtis "Skip" Schwab, Druckenmiller "went downstairs to have sex with a woman who had vomited twice and fallen on a couch," and that Druckenmiller did not know the woman's correct first or last name.[16]

The accuser testified that she vaguely remembered a friend putting her to bed after a night of drinking. She passed out and awoke to find Druckenmiller on top of her. When asked what he was doing by a Montgomery County assistant commonwealth's attorney, the accuser responded, "Having sex. It took me a while to realize what was going on. I was disoriented. I had no idea where I was."[17] According to Druckenmiller, he had carried the woman to a bed after she vomited for the second time that night and slumped on a couch, and stated he went to check on her a few minutes later and asked how she was. When she told him she was drunk but doing fine, he asked her if she was going to make good on a promise she made to him earlier in the evening to have sex.[18]

On July 22, 1999, Druckenmiller was acquitted. As the verdict was read, Druckenmiller breathed a sigh of relief and winked at a supporter sitting in the courtroom.[19]
    invite?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Jesus. For being the WSU Tequilla who is an Oregon fan make your fucking point already.

Christ.
    Bourdain yourself.
    Too soon?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think you're all forgetting something: NOGAF if Herbert is good. His decent play is only a bonus. He was only offered a scholarship to help their chances with his little brother. THAT kid's gonna get drafted #1 overall, set NFL records, and discover that blowjobs cure cancer.

Jake Herbert?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I think you're all forgetting something: NOGAF if Herbert is good. His decent play is only a bonus. He was only offered a scholarship to help their chances with his little brother. THAT kid's gonna get drafted #1 overall, set NFL records, and discover that blowjobs cure cancer.

Jake Brock Herbert?