Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pre-season predictions

mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
So far it's played out exactly as I thought.

I'm a fucking genius.

Though I admit I thought Az would be a bit closer.

My preseason has us losing the next two, beating the Cougs and going into the "Who the Fuck Cares Bowl" at 7-5.

Of course that counts Idaho St.

What about you?

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    I thought this team SHOULD be 10-2 or 9-3 at worst.... But I thought they would go 7-5 or 8-4 at best. Still possible. 8-4 is not improvement though. As much as doogs will claim that it is. It's the worst thing possible as the program slowly loses recruitign momentum and death watch 2014 begins.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I was thinking 8-5 in summer but the week before Boise I changed to 9-4. I felt that if Kikaha, Smith and Tanigawa were healthy enough to be starting then we'd get a boost.

@AtomicDawg is right. We need to win out to keep recruiting at a high level. Only win 8 and it will be a marginal class essentially killing the momentum we had from last year.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I predicted 8-4. And all my picks so far on games have been correct. So it's played out exactly as I've thought
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    I picked Seven would win seven, of course.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    My preseason prediction was that I would drink a lot of alcohol and destroy at least 3 TVs.....like every season for the last decade.

I said 6-3 at this point.... 8 wins total.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    I put the over/under at 7.5

With decent coaching we would win 10 if you include the bowel

Tonight will be interesting .... We will find a way to lose.. Cause that's what we do.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I was thinking 8-5 in summer but the week before Boise I changed to 9-4. I felt that if Kikaha, Smith and Tanigawa were healthy enough to be starting then we'd get a boost.

@AtomicDawg is right. We need to win out to keep recruiting at a high level. Only win 8 and it will be a marginal class essentially killing the momentum we had from last year.

Winning out from here will have very little impact on the class of 2014.

It's infinitely better to lose out, fire Sark, and have a shitty recruiting class of 2014.

Thanks for learning nothing from the effort to save the class of 2008.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

Tonight will be interesting .... We will find a way to lose.. Cause that's what we do.

I would love to see an odds maker do an over/under comparison by substituting coaches. UW is 7.5 with Seven. What is their over/under with Chip Kelly or David Shaw or Mora? I think that would make heads explode.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212

I would love to see an odds maker do an over/under comparison by substituting coaches. UW is 7.5 with Seven. What is their over/under with Chip Kelly or David Shaw or Mora? I think that would make heads explode.
    It might have been around 10.5
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

It might have been around 10.5
    Are we talking about Husky wins or the Richter scale measurements of a Fetters fart?
  • This year has been predictable. I'll say I didn't think Arizona or Boise would be plunger rapings and I figured Stanford was going to be.

However going into the year I figured given Sark's track record UW would be 6-1 at home, 1-4 on the road. Another 7-5 season.