Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to those attending the spring game

124»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,600
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Meek said:

Baseman said:

uzi said:

haie said:

It’s embarrassing that Haener is the #2, but Sirmon looks like he’s going to throw 4 picks a game and Yankoff can’t throw. At all.

How can either of our 4* QB recruits be bad passers? Is the playbook so complicated that these kids pannic and lose all muscle memory?
    When was the last time UW had two 4* QB recruits in the same class?
    Jeff Lindquist and Cyler Miles wasn't exactly a recipe for success

Here's 4* QB's signed with Washington in the last two decades:

Colson Yankoff
    Jacob Sirmon
    Jake Browning
    K. J. Carta-Samuels
    Troy Williams
    Cyler Miles
    Jeff Lindquist
    Nick Montana
    Jake Locker
    Casey Paus
    Cody Pickett

For a program that once pride itself as QBU, what the fuck happened?
    The chances of all of them sucking has to be astronomically low.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Gladstone said:

It was a poorly kept secret in fall camp '17 that Haener had thoroughly outplayed Browning.

Pumpy was our? Snowden
    Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?

#Catch22

We? drew 27,000 coming off a 7-6 season.

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2018

Meek said:

Baseman said:

uzi said:

haie said:

It’s embarrassing that Haener is the #2, but Sirmon looks like he’s going to throw 4 picks a game and Yankoff can’t throw. At all.

How can either of our 4* QB recruits be bad passers? Is the playbook so complicated that these kids pannic and lose all muscle memory?
    When was the last time UW had two 4* QB recruits in the same class?
    Jeff Lindquist and Cyler Miles wasn't exactly a recipe for success

Here's 4* QB's signed with Washington in the last two decades:

Colson Yankoff
    Jacob Sirmon
    Jake Browning
    K. J. Carta-Samuels
    Troy Williams
    Cyler Miles
    Jeff Lindquist
    Nick Montana
    Jake Locker
    Casey Paus
    Cody Pickett

For a program that once pride itself as QBU, what the fuck happened?
    The chances of all of them sucking has to be astronomically low.
    None of the 9 (excluding Yankoff/Sirmon) have been great but you've got four decent Pac-12 level starters in there and only 2-3 that were completely worthless.

I don't think thats too far off from expectation especially considering how many QBs get 4/5 stars and the fact that few on the list were heavily recruited.

Montana was a joke from the start. Kijana was the lowest ranked 4* and a complete back up option with basically no other real P5 options. Lindquist committed super early but I doubt he would have had many committable P5 offers if he played out the cycle.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Gladstone said:

It was a poorly kept secret in fall camp '17 that Haener had thoroughly outplayed Browning.

Pumpy was our? Snowden

#Catch22

In all honesty, wtf else is there to do in Eugene?

To say nothing of the porking lot
    Fuck me
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm 81% sure Eason will never start for UW because he initially spurned them and went to Jawja
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

There also may be something to the fact that this OL SHOULD be good and we have 2 ELITE RBs as well

BTW, there was a play where Henry Roberts (playing LT with the 1's in place of Adams) literally fell down on the snap ... really amusing to watch.

People will be jazzing their sweatpants for Cade Otton at some point this year

Agreed. I think the O Line being competent for a change plays a factor in the D Line looking less dominant than they usually do this spring. That being said, I'm pleased with the athleticism along the D Line. Levi, Jaylen Johnson, and Josiah Bronson are guys that look like they belong on the D line of a top 10 team. We know Gaines and Johnson have the ability push guys around up front so I'm not too worried that we are going to fall flat without Vita.

The offense certainly looks like you'd expect us to heavily lean on the run game given our lack of a true #1 receiver. Tight ends look awesome. Ahmed is on a different level.
    Can we hope that a lack of options for the pass game and a wealth of options for the run game actually forces us into running the ball down people's throats? No really, is there any hope of this?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

It’s an offense built for running. Our best offensive players are the two RB’s. The OL is better at run blocking. We have 3-4 TE’s that all supposedly look great. Great defense. I’m not worried about the DL. And we have Browning. The way to win is simple.

I don’t know if we can beat the elite teams, but we easily win the PAC 12 if we do what we should.

The key if you run the offense right is that besides only asking Browning to throw 20x per game you are asking him to make those from a position of strength where he typically performs at a high level

I understand being careful in spots with Gaskin and Ahmed to not over work them and maintain health ... but they should be getting a combined 35-40 carriers per game EASILY
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

It’s an offense built for running. Our best offensive players are the two RB’s. The OL is better at run blocking. We have 3-4 TE’s that all supposedly look great. Great defense. I’m not worried about the DL. And we have Browning. The way to win is simple.

I don’t know if we can beat the elite teams, but we easily win the PAC 12 if we do what we should.

The key if you run the offense right is that besides only asking Browning to throw 20x per game you are asking him to make those from a position of strength where he typically performs at a high level

I understand being careful in spots with Gaskin and Ahmed to not over work them and maintain health ... but they should be getting a combined 35-40 carriers per game EASILY

McGrew seems to not suck as well
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Pleasant too.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

He’s getting serious PT this year.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Gladstone said:

Pumpy was our? Snowden

#Catch22

Couple things

1) lot more people were there than when the pic was taken.

2) you will never draw as much as other teams when you show passing drills for 2 hours.

3) your fan base was there because you all actually think you’ll do better than 7-6...lol
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

Gladstone said:

Pumpy was our? Snowden

#Catch22

How many jerseys can you put on the field at the same time?

Is this self parody?