Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

was just talking with a former Husky

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
He was a walk-on during the James era and never saw the field... We talked for 40 minutes. At the beginning of the conversation he was pro-Sark and stating how Sark may not be the best around but he's sure better than what we've had. After all, we almost beat Stanford.

After 40 minutes of talking to me, he said I was making him rethink the whole Sark thing and pulling him out of his warm and fuzzy pro-Husky cocoon that he prefers to live in. As we went to hang up, he said something about looking for the nearest bridge to jump from.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

He was a walk-on during the James era and never saw the field... We talked for 40 minutes. At the beginning of the conversation he was pro-Sark and stating how Sark may not be the best around but he's sure better than what we've had. After all, we almost beat Stanford.

After 40 minutes of talking to me, he said I was making him rethink the whole Sark thing and pulling him out of his warm and fuzzy pro-Husky cocoon that he prefers to live in. As we went to hang up, he said something about looking for the nearest bridge to jump from.

You should have asked Jim what kind of pie he likes before you let him go.

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Do you take marriage counseling appointments? I have a friend or two who needs them.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    I have a friend who could use your help. He lives in fear that he may be queer, although I guess he tried it once and didn't like it. Could you give him a call? Better yet, give me your cell number and he'll be in touch.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

How many former players have you talked to who share that opinion?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club

I don't know if I know a big enough sample set for us to draw any widespread conclusions... And I get the impression that some of them are wishy-washy and not saying what they really think... But I would guestimate that 75% of the players have various concerns about Sark and maybe 20% are as vehement as I am that he has to go.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Husky walk-ons hate the coaches. Oregon walk-ons hate the fans.

When you guys can get on that page the plunger will go back under the bathroom sink.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

I don't know if I know a big enough sample set for us to draw any widespread conclusions... And I get the impression that some of them are wishy-washy and not saying what they really think... But I would guestimate that 75% of the players have various concerns about Sark and maybe 20% are as vehement as I am that he has to go.
    That's at least a little encouraging. Hopefully those various concerns become phone calls at some point.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    The new Husky fan.

"We're really good, we almost beat one of the better teams in the league."

Wow.

How sad.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I get the sense that a lot of former players are more in the "let the season play out" camp before they come to any strong opinions ...

The problem with that line of thinking is that you are putting yourself a couple of weeks behind if you have to do your thinking after seeing all of the facts instead of forecasting a set of possible outcomes and having a plan of action in place based on those scenarios.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club

Way to set him straight! That guy got a DJ knowledge bomb dropped!

mods?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

Way to set him straight! That guy got a DJ knowledge bomb dropped!

mods?
    Huh?