Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s as if there is a difference between good and bad 3’s
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    For those of you that think that this is even a good era for the NBA, seek a fucking labotomy. Stat. All it is now, is a 3 pt shooting contest. And when a team can’t hit those. There is no plan B as exhibited by Boston and Houston. Fuck even Golden State plays shit offense. They just have 2 guys that can make any shot when they are on.

The 80s-90s NBA was exciting and as good as it gets. There’s little exciting about the NBA now sans when Curry gets hot.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

For those of you that think that this is even a good era for the NBA, seek a fucking labotomy. Stat. All it is now, is a 3 pt shooting contest. And when a team can’t hit those. There is no plan B as exhibited by Boston and Houston. Fuck even Golden State plays shit offense. They just have 2 guys that can make any shot when they are on.

The 80s-90s NBA was exciting and as good as it gets. There’s little exciting about the NBA now sans when Curry gets hot.

bull shit

Jerry Schicting and Danny Ainge couldn't play in the developmental league today

The NBA has always had a one or two good teams at a time and everyone else sucks

No different today
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houston was working GS inside with Capela. Then GS made a couple buckets in a row in the 3rd, the Roockets panicked, and just started chucking up bricks in desperation even though the game was close. Which led to the game not being close and the Warriors winning rather easily.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Houston was working GS inside with Capela. Then GS made a couple buckets in a row in the 3rd, the Roockets panicked, and just started chucking up bricks in desperation even though the game was close. Which led to the game not being close and the Warriors winning rather easily.

This is halfway right. They had to start chucking 3's after going to the rim was basically turned into a suicide attempt with the whistles in the pockets. Problem is they didnt make any of them. If they hit 4 out of the 27 they missed, they win the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

salemcoog said:

bull shit

Jerry Schicting and Danny Ainge couldn't play in the developmental league today

The NBA has always had a one or two good teams at a time and everyone else sucks

No different today
    I'll give ya Schichting as all He did was stand outside.

But Ainge????

And if it wasn't for LeBron you wouldnt be watching now and you know it.

Put away your hate of all things Oregon for once before hitting send.
  • Options

Tequilla the reason you are FS for that is because does this Cavs roster, based on the way they played this year, do jack shit?

PG: George Hill
    SG: JR Smith
    SF: Jeff Green
    PF: Kevin Love
    C: Tristan Thompson

Let's go look at basketball reference.

The ONLY players on that ENTIRE fucking team outside of LeBron who had more than a minute positive BPM were Larry Nance (2.6) and Kevin Love (1.3). Korver and Zizic did a little bit.

For reference, the PHOENIX FUCKING SUNS had FOUR of those players - Derrick Jones, Greg Monroe, Alex Len, and Devin Booker.

Let's look at the playoffs. In the playoffs, the Cavs had 3 players with positive BPM - LeBron, Nance, and Korver.

I'm sorry, but a team where your best player is Larry fucking Nance is winning 20 games maximum. Playoff Kevin Love has been one of the worst players in the league (-3 BPM). The Cavs starting lineup shown above has ONE positive player from the playoffs: Tristan Thompson.

If you think that team clears 25 wins, fuck off. The Cavs without LeBron are statistically the worst team in the entire fucking NBA by a good amount. That's why it is impressive.

Fucking advanced stats guy weighs in.

If LeBron's supporting cast sucks, one only has to look at one person as to why. LeBron did what He was supposed to do, get to the NBA Finals. This year has certainly been his most impressive playoff run. But Cleveland, at LeBron's request, revamped the roster twice since last years NBA Finals. So if they suck.... It's all his fault.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

The Rockets shot 42 3's a game. I'm guessing a review of any one of their 60+ wins wouldn't meet your definition.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,922
    Embedded Finals Pole:

What will happen first?

Draymond will punch Durant

Durant will punch Kerr

• Options

Tequilla said:

The Rockets shot 42 3's a game. I'm guessing a review of any one of their 60+ wins wouldn't meet your definition.
    Is that the best response you’ve got?

If so, then you have no clue what I’m talking about
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jordan leaves Bulls - Win 55 games next season.

Lebron leaves Cavs - Win 19 games next season.

Lebron played GM no doubt, but he's always been running up hill.

You think Jordan wouldn't call his shots over Brown, Blatt, and Lue?
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

Jordan leaves Bulls - Win 55 games next season.

Lebron leaves Cavs - Win 19 games next season.

Lebron played GM no doubt, but he's always been running up hill.

You think Jordan wouldn't call his shots over Brown, Blatt, and Lue?

There's no changing the narrative now, facts or context or anything. People have decided to hate him and that's that.
  • Options
    It amuses me that people aren’t able to make the connection between those not prepared to crown LBJ and not recognizing his talent.
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    as an extremely casual and ignorant basketball watcher i think 3-chucking nba is kind of gay what would happen if they made dunks worth 3
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

It amuses me that people aren’t able to make the connection between those not prepared to crown LBJ and not recognizing his talent.

It’s not recognizing his talent when he puts up one of the greatest series of all time and all you want to twlk about is how Boston blew it.

Fuck, I’ve never liked LeBron either but I’m not blind. Dudes fucking great.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t hate Lebron. I just don’t think he’s the GOAT. MJ is.

The hate has died down and reasonable people can disagree on any ranking. The hate used to be out of control not that it really matters anyway. But @Tequilla is wrong which is always a good point to make
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam