Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    what % does houston have against golden state without paul?

damn dual game 7s is pretty rare and fun.

i'll bet golden state wins by 10+ regardless
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

holy AIDS

no i don't think getting to the finals this year is his best accomplishment, nothing will beat coming back down 3-1 on the road to beat the 73 win warriors. how there were still any doubters or "haters" (see above) after that performance is fascinating to me

i do think it's more impressive than the angry furries above this post do, though. this team is absolute garbage, bottom-of-the-east drivel without him. it's impressive as fuck

Rec'd for this.
    takes one to know one :blush:
    For the record I have not not had sex in a costume.

Weird strategy >>>> slow strategy

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Impressive shit for LeBron James. He’s carried at least 5 unworthy teams into the Finals now and that in itself impresses me tonight.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

BaldwinIV said:

lmfao

The reality is that Boston pissed this game away tonight ... it was an epically shitty shooting game for them ... congrats to the Cavs for keeping the game tight and Boston’s youth finally showing up at home
    It's like mental toughness matters or something, especially when there is pressure.

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

BaldwinIV said:

Getting back on topic, although I do love laughing at retards as much as the next chap:

Is getting this team to the finals the greatest accomplishment of his career?

I'd probably say yes. This team wins 20 games without LeBron.

FUCK OFF with this shit

They barely survived in Round 1 against a flawed team with a mediocre coach who couldn’t make basic adjustments

They won Round 2 against a team that LBJ has made his personal bitch for years

They won Round 3 against an up and coming team missing their 2 best players, the next best player being more of a supporting role, and 2 future stars that are 20 and 21 respectively.

And in 2 of those series they needed 7 to get the job done.

Swallow LBJ’s balls while you are at it if you really think that a player that all of you LBJ cum guzzlers think is the GOAT somehow just ran through the greatest performance of all time just to get to a Final by beating 2 flawed teams and a team that tries really hard but is a year away
    Pretty sure jerry west(the LOGO) won only 1 out 7 or 8 trips to the finals. Lebrons history will not be defined by not winning "enough" in the finals. The fact that you're spending this much time trying to prove a negative is actually comical and truly sad.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    BaldwinIV said:

in the annals of history beating the 73 win warriors will be more impressive, yes. individually though, what he's doing now in year 15 is imo more impressive and difficult. if that makes sense.

and bot i never said appearances are better than championships. just that 6-0 in a vacuum disregards all the times MJ flopped out in the 1st and 2nd rounds. looking at only the w-l finals records is incredibly simplistic and disregards like 300 other factors. out of respect for gladdy i'll bow out and stop repeating the same shit. teq is too unintelligent to respond to, and to think his hilariousness on the TSIO podcast is what brought me here. can't believe it.

For the record, the only times that MJ went out of the playoffs early in the 1st round was against the Celtics.

The only teams to ever beat MJ in a series all went to at minimum the NBA Finals (at least in Chicago - don’t think he ever made the playoffs in Washington)
  • Options
    whlinder said:

Tequilla said:

BaldwinIV said:

lmfao

The reality is that Boston pissed this game away tonight ... it was an epically shitty shooting game for them ... congrats to the Cavs for keeping the game tight and Boston’s youth finally showing up at home
    It's like mental toughness matters or something, especially when there is pressure.

No question

I’m a big believer that you have to take a few lumps along the way to learn what it takes to win at the highest levels. I think a lot of that happened to the Celtics last night
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Tequilla said:

BaldwinIV said:

Getting back on topic, although I do love laughing at retards as much as the next chap:

FUCK OFF with this shit

They barely survived in Round 1 against a flawed team with a mediocre coach who couldn’t make basic adjustments

They won Round 3 against an up and coming team missing their 2 best players, the next best player being more of a supporting role, and 2 future stars that are 20 and 21 respectively.

Swallow LBJ’s balls while you are at it if you really think that a player that all of you LBJ cum guzzlers think is the GOAT somehow just ran through the greatest performance of all time just to get to a Final by beating 2 flawed teams and a team that tries really hard but is a year away
    Pretty sure jerry west(the LOGO) won only 1 out 7 or 8 trips to the finals. Lebrons history will not be defined by not winning "enough" in the finals. The fact that you're spending this much time trying to prove a negative is actually comical and truly sad.
    And for as great as Jerry West was, why is he further down the list of greatest players ever than one would expect for being The LOGO?

I’ve said elsewhere that LBJ is in my Top 5 of all time at this point. I think it’s a splitting hairs argument to pass Magic. It’s hard to compare him for/against Kareem. I personally don’t think he has passed Russell or MJ yet.

Given how the game continues to evolve and change, it is hard to compare across generations. There’s no question that LBJ is the best player of his generation with Kobe and Timmy in a battle for 2nd
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'll take the Rockets and the points.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Update: Lebon at 9

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Looks like Bill Russell is the GOAT

11-1

Damn.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla the reason you are FS for that is because does this Cavs roster, based on the way they played this year, do jack shit?

PG: George Hill
    SG: JR Smith
    SF: Jeff Green
    PF: Kevin Love
    C: Tristan Thompson

Let's go look at basketball reference.

The ONLY players on that ENTIRE fucking team outside of LeBron who had more than a minute positive BPM were Larry Nance (2.6) and Kevin Love (1.3). Korver and Zizic did a little bit.

For reference, the PHOENIX FUCKING SUNS had FOUR of those players - Derrick Jones, Greg Monroe, Alex Len, and Devin Booker.

Let's look at the playoffs. In the playoffs, the Cavs had 3 players with positive BPM - LeBron, Nance, and Korver.

I'm sorry, but a team where your best player is Larry fucking Nance is winning 20 games maximum. Playoff Kevin Love has been one of the worst players in the league (-3 BPM). The Cavs starting lineup shown above has ONE positive player from the playoffs: Tristan Thompson.

If you think that team clears 25 wins, fuck off. The Cavs without LeBron are statistically the worst team in the entire fucking NBA by a good amount. That's why it is impressive.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018
    Tequilla said:

BaldwinIV said:

FUCK OFF with this shit

Tequilla said:

BaldwinIV said:

in the annals of history beating the 73 win warriors will be more impressive, yes. individually though, what he's doing now in year 15 is imo more impressive and difficult. if that makes sense.

and bot i never said appearances are better than championships. just that 6-0 in a vacuum disregards all the times MJ flopped out in the 1st and 2nd rounds. looking at only the w-l finals records is incredibly simplistic and disregards like 300 other factors. out of respect for gladdy i'll bow out and stop repeating the same shit. teq is too unintelligent to respond to, and to think his hilariousness on the TSIO podcast is what brought me here. can't believe it.

For the record, the only times that MJ went out of the playoffs early in the 1st round was against the Celtics.

The only teams to ever beat MJ in a series all went to at minimum the NBA Finals (at least in Chicago - don’t think he ever made the playoffs in Washington)
    Jordan lost to Skinny Shaq and Penny in his prime.

Edit: didn't see the 1st round part, but this is for you anyways:

https://youtu.be/1lgKtfutURo
  • Options

Tequilla the reason you are FS for that is because does this Cavs roster, based on the way they played this year, do jack shit?

The ONLY players on that ENTIRE fucking team outside of LeBron who had more than a minute positive BPM were Larry Nance (2.6) and Kevin Love (1.3). Korver and Zizic did a little bit.

For reference, the PHOENIX FUCKING SUNS had FOUR of those players - Derrick Jones, Greg Monroe, Alex Len, and Devin Booker.

Let's look at the playoffs. In the playoffs, the Cavs had 3 players with positive BPM - LeBron, Nance, and Korver.

I'm sorry, but a team where your best player is Larry fucking Nance is winning 20 games maximum. Playoff Kevin Love has been one of the worst players in the league (-3 BPM). The Cavs starting lineup shown above has ONE positive player from the playoffs: Tristan Thompson.

If you think that team clears 25 wins, fuck off. The Cavs without LeBron are statistically the worst team in the entire fucking NBA by a good amount. That's why it is impressive.

Do you actually think that this is a team that would get put together without LBJ?

In case you haven’t figured it out, LBJ puts together a very specific roster to surround himself with playing off of him. As soon as LBJ leaves they are trading whatever pieces that they can
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

BaldwinIV said:

FUCK OFF with this shit

Tequilla said:

BaldwinIV said:

I’m not going to throw shade on MJ for a performance on a team when he came back 2/3 through the season (at best) ... the following year MJ with his full ability back blew Orlando off the court
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Teq, did you enjoy the LeBron takeover?
  • Options
    HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    teq - why do you "hate" (your words) lebron? i can see not ranking him #1 or even #2 due to super high standards or really simplistic ones (like finals records and nothing else), but hate? honest question.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018

I’m with you for the most part. The rest of the Cavs are bad. Let’s not forget some of that is LeBron’s fault. Nobody else was going to give Thompson and Smith those contracts.That has no bearing on him as a player, but they aren’t the worst team in the league.

Part of the reason they look so bad is because they don’t jack up bad shots because they have LeBron. They play on eggshells at times because of LeBron. They suck, but they still sacrifice because they have LeBron.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If your only argument is 6>3, then you should admit Bill Russell is actually the best player.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

BaldwinIV said:

FUCK OFF with this shit

Tequilla said:

BaldwinIV said:

I’m not going to throw shade on MJ for a performance on a team when he came back 2/3 through the season (at best) ... the following year MJ with his full ability back blew Orlando off the court
    17 games and a playoff series is plenty of time to shake off the rust if you're truly the GOAT.

He didn't suck in the series, he was just beat by the better team. He added Hall of Famer Rodman to the roster the next season because he needed more help than Pippen. The rest is history.