Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Congrats to LBJ for proving me wrong ... if Boston shot just 25-30% from 3 tonight they win

LBJ is a great player no question

But please give me a good argument of how you can call him the GOAT with a losing record in the Finals? He was 2-2 with Miami. He’s going to be 1-3 in his 2nd run with Cleveland.

If you are the best player ever, you shouldn’t be 3-6 (after this year) in the Finals

Have you seen the shit rosters he has had in Cleveland? 07 was possibly the worst team to ever make the Finals only to be surpassed by the 18 Cavs.

IMA-level hoops analysis from Tequila, as always.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    BaldwinIV said:

lmfao

Seriously FUCK OFF

LBJ is a tremendous player and I consistently say as much ... I personally don’t think he’s the GOAT but that’s my opinion and so be it ... I also don’t particularly like him but I can appreciate his skills all the same

His team is dog shit ... you can put your head in the sand and say that isn’t his fault but he’s going to get run in the Finals this year just like he did his last year in Miami with teams that look very similar

The reality is that Boston pissed this game away tonight ... it was an epically shitty shooting game for them ... congrats to the Cavs for keeping the game tight and Boston’s youth finally showing up at home

Anyway, continue slobbering all over LBJ’s junk
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Congrats to LBJ for proving me wrong ... if Boston shot just 25-30% from 3 tonight they win

But please give me a good argument of how you can call him the GOAT with a losing record in the Finals? He was 2-2 with Miami. He’s going to be 1-3 in his 2nd run with Cleveland.

If you are the best player ever, you shouldn’t be 3-6 (after this year) in the Finals

Have you seen the shit rosters he has had in Cleveland? 07 was possibly the worst team to ever make the Finals only to be surpassed by the 18 Cavs.

With teq's braindead logic it would have been better for Bron's legacy to lose this game and not even make the finals. Because conference finals don't count. Or something.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

Getting back on topic, although I do love laughing at retards as much as the next chap:

Is getting this team to the finals the greatest accomplishment of his career?

I'd probably say yes. This team wins 20 games without LeBron.

Christ.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Congratulations to Cleveland on your 2018 NBA Championship!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like Cleveland in the Finals
  • Options
    BaldwinIV said:

Getting back on topic, although I do love laughing at retards as much as the next chap:

FUCK OFF with this shit

They barely survived in Round 1 against a flawed team with a mediocre coach who couldn’t make basic adjustments

They won Round 2 against a team that LBJ has made his personal bitch for years

They won Round 3 against an up and coming team missing their 2 best players, the next best player being more of a supporting role, and 2 future stars that are 20 and 21 respectively.

And in 2 of those series they needed 7 to get the job done.

Swallow LBJ’s balls while you are at it if you really think that a player that all of you LBJ cum guzzlers think is the GOAT somehow just ran through the greatest performance of all time just to get to a Final by beating 2 flawed teams and a team that tries really hard but is a year away
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Keep digging that grave
    Yep ... I clearly need to be more complementary than calling him a great player
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Finals appearances > championships

Obk logic.
  • Options
    BaldwinIV said:

Tequilla said:

With teq's braindead logic it would have been better for Bron's legacy to lose this game and not even make the finals. Because conference finals don't count. Or something.
    That’s a fucktarded comment
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Obk logic.

lol wut

Reading is fundamental.

We found Larry and Curley, where's Moe?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

Obk logic.

lol wut

Reading is fundamental.

You're the one arguing that taking this team to the finals is Lebron's greatest accomplishment. Nevermind his actual championships. Please do go on.
  • Options

BaldwinIV said:

Obk logic.

lol wut

Reading is fundamental.

You're the one arguing that taking this team to the finals is Lebron's greatest accomplishment. Nevermind his actual championships. Please do go on.
    It’s hard to be logical when you have LBJ’s junk lodged deep down your throat
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

Fucking pumptastic take. Actually, even pumpy would tell you you're a fucking idiot if you think dragging a team through a shitty East is better than actually winning a finals against OkC, the spurs, or GsW. When the fuck did you start watching the NBA?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    holy AIDS

no i don't think getting to the finals this year is his best accomplishment, nothing will beat coming back down 3-1 on the road to beat the 73 win warriors. how there were still any doubters or "haters" (see above) after that performance is fascinating to me

i do think it's more impressive than the angry furries above this post do, though. this team is absolute garbage, bottom-of-the-east drivel without him. it's impressive as fuck
  • Options
    in the annals of history beating the 73 win warriors will be more impressive, yes. individually though, what he's doing now in year 15 is imo more impressive and difficult. if that makes sense.

and bot i never said appearances are better than championships. just that 6-0 in a vacuum disregards all the times MJ flopped out in the 1st and 2nd rounds. looking at only the w-l finals records is incredibly simplistic and disregards like 300 other factors. out of respect for gladdy i'll bow out and stop repeating the same shit. teq is too unintelligent to respond to, and to think his hilariousness on the TSIO podcast is what brought me here. can't believe it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

in the annals of history beating the 73 win warriors will be more impressive, yes. individually though, what he's doing now in year 15 is imo more impressive and difficult. if that makes sense.

and bot i never said appearances are better than championships. just that 6-0 in a vacuum disregards all the times MJ flopped out in the 1st and 2nd rounds. looking at only the w-l finals records is incredibly simplistic and disregards like 300 other factors. out of respect for gladdy i'll bow out and stop repeating the same shit. teq is too unintelligent to respond to, and to think his hilariousness on the TSIO podcast is what brought me here. can't believe it.

I didn't make comparisons to anyone else. Just that it's fugaz to say dragging a shit team through a shit conference is a greater accomplishment than actually winning a finals against some amazing teams.

You want to praise the accomplishment? Sure, go ahead I guess. I still think the East looked like luke warm dog shit once Boston was struck by injury. There's no way even if you think the East is better than dog shit that it's his greatest accomplishment though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

holy AIDS

no i don't think getting to the finals this year is his best accomplishment, nothing will beat coming back down 3-1 on the road to beat the 73 win warriors. how there were still any doubters or "haters" (see above) after that performance is fascinating to me

i do think it's more impressive than the angry furries above this post do, though. this team is absolute garbage, bottom-of-the-east drivel without him. it's impressive as fuck

Rec'd for this.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

holy AIDS

Rec'd for this.
    takes one to know one :blush: