Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Colt Ellison, 2019 4* DE, Aledo HS, TX (Offered 4/11/2018)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The one time Kwat can probably build some serious rapport about crab season, elk hunting, and not kneeling during the anthem with dad.

You know Kwat is a terrible recruiter* when we finally get a white buck from Texas that looks like he could easily connect with (even the dad) on campus and we all agree we have no shot.

*never fire Kwat, I love him.
    Wasn’t jimmy supposed to recruits DE? What the fuck is he doing? He not getting paid 7 figures just to fuck around
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

That doesn't look like a UW dad, he staying in Texas
    To me he looks more like a guy who will sign with EWU.

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I read the visit report. We have literally no shot. Just another fucking waste of time.
    Essentially our entire BUCK class is reliant on Ma'ae. I feel Trice is ND or Oregon
    No fucking way Ma'ae is coming here. Even Ellison is more likely.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited June 2018

I read the visit report. We have literally no shot. Just another fucking waste of time.
    Essentially our entire BUCK class is reliant on Ma'ae. I feel Trice is ND or Oregon
    No one is that likely, but I think there's a bigger chance there than Ellison. Ma'ae is originally from Hawaii as we know and he's tight with Buelow as he previously went to Kapolei. The hawaiian poly connection might help somewhat.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

No one is that likely, but I think there's a bigger chance there than Ellison I think. Ma'ae is originally from Hawaii as we know and he's tight with Buelow as he previously went to Kapolei. The hawaiian poly connection might help somewhat.
    Let's hope. Ma'ae is basically a 5-star prospect in my book.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Aledo to me is about the point where West Texas really starts even though it's just 25 minutes West of Fort Worth. When a kid in that part of the country says that distance/travel is a factor, that's translation for "I'm a Texas kid that loves Texas and has never dreamed of living in a world that isn't called Texas." I have friends that fall in that category. Funny thing is that when you get them out of Texas they go from not understanding why anybody would live outside of Texas to conceding that there's other great places for people … just not them.

My take on him is that IF he leaves the State of Texas, then he's going to go to UW. The challenge though is that it's almost guaranteed that his Dad is a farmer/rancher of some kind and the idea of regularly taking 4 hour flights just doesn't fit into the narrative. An 81% certainty to going to TCU.

West Texas starts at least west of Abilene and even thats pushing it.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Aledo to me is about the point where West Texas really starts even though it's just 25 minutes West of Fort Worth. When a kid in that part of the country says that distance/travel is a factor, that's translation for "I'm a Texas kid that loves Texas and has never dreamed of living in a world that isn't called Texas." I have friends that fall in that category. Funny thing is that when you get them out of Texas they go from not understanding why anybody would live outside of Texas to conceding that there's other great places for people … just not them.

My take on him is that IF he leaves the State of Texas, then he's going to go to UW. The challenge though is that it's almost guaranteed that his Dad is a farmer/rancher of some kind and the idea of regularly taking 4 hour flights just doesn't fit into the narrative. An 81% certainty to going to TCU.

West Texas starts at least west of Abilene and even thats pushing it.
    My point is that when you get outside of Fort Worth you start running into some areas that are way more country than metro. Aledo is country. Stephenville is country. Mineral Wells is country. All well before you get to Abilene. And honestly, once you get West of Oddessa/Midland with the exception of Amarillo in the Northern part of the state there's largely shit in West Texas for hundreds of miles until you get to El Paso … which is way more New Mexico than Texas.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I fucking love this kid! His film really pops out at you with impressive plays all the way through. He's white and a try-hard but super talented as well. Explosive first step, can bend the edge, great pursuit speed, desired size and length, and of coarse very heady and instinctual. I don't care that he's from Texas and TCU is right down the street. If we want to be elite somebody needs to close this fucking kid! He could play for us right now. Please just this one time can we land a stud Buck prospect.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I fucking love this kid! His film really pops out at you with impressive plays all the way through. He's white and a try-hard but super talented as well. Explosive first step, can bend the edge, great pursuit speed, desired size and length, and of coarse very heady and instinctual. I don't care that he's from Texas and TCU is right down the street. If we want to be elite somebody needs to close this fucking kid! He could play for us right now. Please just this one time can we land a stud Buck prospect.

No chance.

In other news, Kayvon eliminated us, but not Oregon.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

No chance.

Nothing gnu
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

No chance.

Kayvon eliminated us months ago when he told Biggins that weather is a factor “because I’m a pass rusher and if it’s raining then they throw the ball less.”

He’s going to FSU or USC
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

No chance.

For somebody who says they're not a "low-expectations" having doog you sure do have low expectations quite often. Kid said UW was the most beautiful campus he's ever seen (Kennedy Lewis is an idiot for not at least taking a free trip to UW before deciding), said the academics and football program were "worth it", said his dad loved the built for life stuff, said mom is okay with him going out of state, and UW got the last visit before he makes his decision soon. Sounds to me like he's very familiar with TCU and was leaning towards TCU but now UW is the new hotness he can't stop thinking about. Don't hold me to it because things change all the time but I think he's a Dawg.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

No chance.

Kayvon eliminated us months ago when he told Biggins that weather is a factor “because I’m a pass rusher and if it’s raining then they throw the ball less.”

He’s going to FSU or USC
    Makes sense I guess. He knows what he wants.