Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If we can't learn from ourselves, can we at least learn from USC?

Just imagine how good the Trojans would have been this year had they fired Lane Kiffin last year when it was obvious to even a quarter brain that he had to go?

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    I never really understood the Kiffin hire at USC, except in the context as an interim coach. The NCCA hit them with ridiculously severe sanctions. Getting a REAL coach to go there at the time was probably proving a problem. Totally agree though. Last year seemed the perfect time for Haden to make the switch. Seemed obvious at the time, seems half of a quarter brain obvious now.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club

Just imagine how good the Trojans would have been this year had they fired Lane Kiffin last year when it was obvious to even a quarter brain that he had to go?

At the 50-yard line immediately following the UCLA game?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

That's what I would have done. Would have strongly considered it after the 62-51 Oregon game earlier in the year.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,746 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's definitely going to be interesting to see the south play out. Would not shock me to see USC win out and make the conference title game.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,099 Founders Club

That's what I would have done. Would have strongly considered it after the 62-51 Oregon game earlier in the year.
    But we played them close and scored 51 points !!!11111!!111!!! Toog
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    No way in hell! UW is the institution of under-learning in football that gave Lambright a fully guaranteed contract without conducting a search for DJ's replacement; fired without contractual justification a Rose Bowl winning coach a month before the 2003 season commenced and then made proven loser Gilbertson the permanent fully guaranteed replacement without conducting a search for the best available head coach; fired Gilby before the end of the 2004 season and kept his fat loser ass around to not recruit while making inquiries on the prospects of UW hiring a second, follow-on proven loser, Tyrone Willingham, as replacement; kept the all-time worst coach in Husky Football history on for a fourth season when his lazy-dead ass should have fired after or before his third year of utter futility and then made the incredibly thoughtless decision to keep Tyrone around for a full 0-12 season rather than assign or hire an interim replacement while conducting a search for a qualified new head coach; hired without proper or thorough search a new Husky coach who had absolutely no head coaching experience and with whom we continue to be stuck after four and what may become five mediocre seasons.

We have an athletic director whose only apparent qualification for the job was several years as gofer assistant to the former UW president, who in combination with another former UW president, has been the chief demolition engineer responsible for deconstructing Husky Football. Unless somebody such as President Young or the BOR directs him with specific instructions otherwise, there's no way Poolboy Woodward will ever take even a hint from what's happening at Troy on what might be done to acquire the head coach Husky Football deserves and needs. It's just no longer in UW's football genes..... if it ever was. It could be said that when it comes hiring football coaches, UW has perfected the art of lame duck football.
  • At least USC realized their mistake and corrected it. Something UW refused to do this year and obviously refused to do in 2008.

I never did understand why they announced Ty was fired but let him coach out the final 6 games? I thought even our dumb ass guys running the show wouldn't be that fucktarded.

UW continues to amaze me in their constant ways of being fucktards.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

At least USC realized their mistake and corrected it. Something UW refused to do this year and obviously refused to do in 2008.

I never did understand why they announced Ty was fired but let him coach out the final 6 games? I thought even our dumb ass guys running the show wouldn't be that fucktarded.

UW continues to amaze me in their constant ways of being fucktards.

Woodward didn't want to orphan the players.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited November 2013
    Kiffin hire was because of sanctions. Period.

Give them the patty cake sanctions of Miami/Oregon and Kiffin would have never happened at USC.

Essentially, they let him roll on the grenade. To his credit, they managed a couple of double digit win seasons and will pass off a healthy sanctions free cupboard to the next coach.

Worked out just fine for SC considering the impending doom after Carroll bolted.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    MisterEm said:

Kiffin hire was because of sanctions. Period.

Give them the patty cake sanctions of Miami/Oregon and Kiffin would have never happened at USC.

Essentially, they let him roll on the grenade. To his credit, they managed a couple of double digit win seasons and will pass off a healthy sanctions free cupboard to the next coach.

Worked out just fine for SC considering the impending doom after Carroll bolted.

Miami did not get patty cake sanctions. They had a self-imposed two year bowl ban.