Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HuskyFanPodcast: UW-UCLA preview

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,577 Founders Club
    Still waiting on my first shout out.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

You got one on an early podcast. Apparently you are supposed to write a book about the death of Doogman.com and I'm supposed to write the forward.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited November 2013

I normally like Chest views but gotta disagree with your stance on the ASU game.

For lack of depth like you say that falls on the 5th year head coach since all these kids he brought in/developed.

So yes this does ultimately fall on Sark. Team wasn't at all prepared, came out throwing non stop while ignoring Sankey like we all predicted he would do just like that dumb fuck did vs Arizona the year prior.

The only thing I disagreed with was that playing Stanford & UO back to back wouldn't or didn't have an impact on the ASU game. I don't disagree with what Sark said taken by itself but clearly the points about a lack of depth and poor offensive performance in the first half were the reason we lost and that does fall entirely on Sark.

I think you've gotten 2 or 3. We need to have our intern listen to everything and tally up all the shoutouts.
  • The lack of depth up front is a problem and judging by Sark's recruiting(or lackthereof) that will always be an issue.

I saw Sark had a quote saying he wrote down in his notebook for January so they can prepare better in the offseason for the game after the Oregon/Stanford back to back.

So going into year six he's finally going to address the annual three game losing streak. Why wasn't this taken care of in years past?

That's the thing about this bozo it's so predictable like clock work.

Take this week for an example. Given UCLA's youth and health issues this is a game UW should steal from them. However with Sark's road woes I have no doubt UW will find a way to lose this game.

Oregon State the following week is yet another game that a team as talented as UW should win. However with Sark's road woes I have no doubt UW will also lose that game.

I'm sure Doogs will blame the refs, blame Price, blame the position coach of whatever unit fucked up that game while ignoring Sark will be 7-19 on the road.

The warning signs are there and just like in 2007 and 2003 Doogs are refusing to acknowledge facts while claiming this time it's different.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I can get behind the idea that the team was a bit exhausted for the ASU game. Sure. But to roll over and play dead like they did...that's 100% on the coach and inexcusable in year 5.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Gladstone said:

I can get behind the idea that the team was a bit exhausted for the ASU game. Sure. But to roll over and play dead like they did...that's 100% on the coach and inexcusable in year 5.

Especially when the coach talks shit about the ASU game being the biggest game of the season all week prior to the game.

Gladstone said:

Especially when the coach talks shit about the ASU game being the biggest game of the season all week prior to the game.

He said the biggest game of 2012 was Arizona. Great track record in "the biggest game of the season."
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,571 Founders Club

Gladstone said:

There have been about 20 biggest game of the year/ biggest game of Sark's tenure over the four and a half years. Those cliches lost call meaning.
  • Gladstone said:

There have been about 20 biggest game of the year/ biggest game of Sark's tenure over the four and a half years. Those cliches lost call meaning.
    We'll play anybody, anytime, anywhere!
  • MadHuskyMadHusky Member Posts: 376
    Reviews suggest you are not as crisp as you could be:
    I know these guys do this shit for free on their own time, but fuck is this podcast awful. Neverending negativity and bitching, sprinkled with cringey-unfunny comments.
    I get that they are passionate and venting their frustration but everyone on this thing is so damn unlikable.
    reddit.com/r/huskies/comments/1qpbzt/uclauw_preview_washington_husky_football_fan/
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    MadHusky said:

I know these guys do this shit for free on their own time, but fuck is this podcast awful. Neverending negativity and bitching, sprinkled with cringey-unfunny comments.
    I get that they are passionate and venting their frustration but everyone on this thing is so damn unlikable.
    reddit.com/r/huskies/comments/1qpbzt/uclauw_preview_washington_husky_football_fan/

Doogs gonna Doog:

I live in a lovely little neighborhood called the Pacific Northwest. Our house is an old Victorian home that was the nicest in the area until a flood damage from the Willingham Hedges storm destroyed most of our property.
    My neighbor to the south used to live in a simple rambler below our property line until they got rich from investing in 3rd world sweatshops. Now there's a loud green Hummer that races up the street blaring Soulja Boy. They rebuilt the house into a gaudy 8 story mansion, they throw parties all the time, they dress in clothes so shiny it would make P-Diddy blush, and for the last decade they've made my life a living hell. They are loud "new money", have no class, and all the kids love em.
    My neighbor to the east, has been living in the same shack with the corrugated tin roof for as long as I can remember. The people that live there care deeply for household, but they are so blind drunk most of the time that I'm not sure if they can recognize the squalor they live in. They are a nuisance and every couple of years they drink too much and piss on my lawn. I wish they would stop flicking their cigarettes into my yard and target shooting with Busch light cans.
    I don't pay too much attention to but sometimes they flip me off when I drive by their house.
    edited November 2013
    What is funny is our podcast has been more accurate then anything else out there.

We all predicted that we could/should handle Boise easily. Two of us nailed the Illinois game. All of us predicted the Arizona game very closely. We all forcasted a 10-14pt close loss against Stanford (a bit off). Two of us thought Oregon would pull away in the 4th. We all were concerned about having enough in the tank against ASU and it was much worse than we thought in terms of the score.

At the start of the year we noted why Price would have a year like 2011, why the OL would be better but why the DL/OL would hold us back from being a legit contender.

For all of our bitching and crude jokes, the football commentary and predictions have been of a high quality.

We must be doing something right because our listener count has gradually grown from the summer until now.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Tailgater said:

No matter how much you righteously bitch about it, there's no way you could jamb it further up the hole where the sun never shines by blaming Sark and his mediocre version of Husky Football on the old.

I don't blame any of this on anything but UW coaches, AD's, and the upper campus. Stanford had a pathetic program with shitty fans, so our shitty fan base is not the problem. It was just a rant against old fans who are not concerned with having a championship program anymore. We rant on mediocrity accepting doogs regardless of age.

I know because that's what you said in your rant, but for anybody to believe that the old don't care about having a championship program anymore is simply ignorant and biased against..... the old. I also know that many young or pre-olds like yourself will never understand why Huskyfans like me at age 73 are unable to consider themselves old or even elderly........ I know this because I was for a long time young or pre-old myself. Thing is the old are a declining species of Dawgfan and by attrition are disappearing each day, week, or year for various reasons and those amongst the old who can no longer be passionate about winning are mostly already gone. As fanatical as we are, many who remain and have experienced the glory years of Husky Football find it difficult to get excited and do the raw-raw thing just to flesh-out some idea of what you believe should comprise a fanbase.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    MadHusky said:

The ratings and reviews have been going up. We must be doing something right. You hate us, but you tune in every week :).

-Kim
    "You can punch a motherfucker in his face and break his nose, but still be a good person."