Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

bad coaching…?

These are two of the most penalized teams in the nation. Washington ranks 11th in the conference and 119th in the nation with 75.6 penalty yards per game. UCLA is 122nd in the nation (second to last) with 77.1 yards per game.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,099 Founders Club
    Yes - UCLA's penalties were costly against Stanford. It's Mora's second year being that bad at penalties.

It isn't all that hard to be objective. UCLA needs to clean it up or UW can win this week.

Rather easily
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited November 2013
    Penalties have no correlation to winning/losing. It's true.

Mora basically said that word for word. Sark said they don't matter and sounded like a buffoon. The aggressive penalties are not a problem but the false starts and hands to face shit that plagues UW are correctable. Thats what Sark should have said rather than brushing it all off as if every penalty doesn't matter.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited November 2013
    I haven't seen the data, but I have watched several UCLA games. They receive a lot of the roughing the passer, hands to the face, unnecessary roughness, etc. etc. type penalties on both sides of the ball.

I think the penalties we see in the UW team are dis-proportionally mental errors, offensive procedure fuck ups and poor judgement. In year 5 it is absolutely maddening. See Colin Tanigawa's 4 procedure and 1 holding penalty in one half of play for example. Mora or any other coach would have yanked him after 2.

A mean and nasty coached team that plays through the whistle I want to drink to and watch in good spirits. A sloppy coached team I NEED to drink hours prior to in order to watch - or its best to plan family arrangements.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,099 Founders Club
    At least a couple times UCLA had penalties on third down that kept Stanford drives alive. That's fatal against that team. I know great teams can have a lot of penalties. UCLA isnt great yet. I think its a legit criticism at this time.

Sark is sloppy and so is his team. And we're in year 5
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    edited November 2013

At least a couple times UCLA had penalties on third down that kept Stanford drives alive. That's fatal against that team. I know great teams can have a lot of penalties. UCLA isnt great yet. I think its a legit criticism at this time.

Sark is sloppy and so is his team. And we're in year 5

Wait......... I heard Sark was in year two. I'm confused............
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    edited November 2013

Wait......... I heard Sark was in year two. I'm confused............

So then Ty only got one year?

"HE JUST NEEDED MORE TIME TO GET HIS GUYS IN!"......