Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keith Price Stats

2»

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,245
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2013

Tom Brady looks like shit when he's pressured. Every qb who ever played does. That's why REAL coaches protect the fucking qb.

I get ripping Sark at every opportunity and don't disagree that it is the coaches responsibility to give every player on the team the best opportunity to perform at the highest level at their respective positions. What I don't get is making excuses for Price at every turn when it's clear he has a fairly glaring inability to deal with pressure. Simple fact is he has a track record of going to shit when the pressure comes. Most quarterbacks suffer a statistical drop when pressured, but Price is not a Wilson, or a Manziel, or a Tui, or any one of a number of quarterbacks who have the ability to consistently make defenses pay when they bring the heat. It's not really what or who he is.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tom Brady looks like shit when he's pressured. Every qb who ever played does. That's why REAL coaches protect the fucking qb.

I get ripping Sark at every opportunity and don't disagree that it is the coaches responsibility to give every player on the team the best opportunity to perform at the highest level at their respective positions. What I don't get is making excuses for Price at every turn when it's clear he has a fairly glaring inability to deal with pressure. Simple fact is he has a track record of going to shit when the pressure comes. Most quarterbacks suffer a statistical drop when pressured, but Price is not a Wilson, or a Manziel, or a Tui, or any one of a number of quarterbacks who have the ability to consistently make defenses pay when they bring the heat. It's not really what or who he is.
    Price is a pocket passer. Comparing him to three mobile QBs is dumb.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,286
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I didn't mention Sark. Who is he? Does he post here? I mentioned the guy considered the best QB of his generation. You can throw Manning in there too if you want. Pressure them and they become average or worse and lose games. Same with Price. Tui had a running game. Wilson has a defense and a running game. UW has Price. When they win he looks good. When they lose he looks bad. Chicken or egg?
  • Options
    Founders Club

There are pocket passers with the same ability. Guys like Joe Montana, Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning come to mind right away, but of course this would be a dumb comparison as well since we're talking about NFL hall of fame level quarterbacks vs a college quarterback with very likely little chance of being drafted.

My point is meant to be much simpler. Stats are fine, but winning games and coming up big when it counts matters a whole lot more. Like it or not, the quarterback plays an integral role in that and how well he performs that role isn't always reflected in the stats or the coaches play calling for that matter. Most quarterbacks, including Price as a redshirt senior, are given the option to change the play at the line of scrimmage if they don't like what they're seeing from the defense. Making things happen is part of the job, and Price has admirably publicly accepted these responsibilities. No need to treat him with pure kid gloves.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

There are pocket passers with the same ability. Guys like Joe Montana, Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning come to mind right away, but of course this would be a dumb comparison as well since we're talking about NFL hall of fame level quarterbacks vs a college quarterback with very likely little chance of being drafted.

My point is meant to be much simpler. Stats are fine, but winning games and coming up big when it counts matters a whole lot more. Like it or not, the quarterback plays an integral role in that and how well he performs that role isn't always reflected in the stats or the coaches play calling for that matter. Most quarterbacks, including Price as a redshirt senior, are given the option to change the play at the line of scrimmage if they don't like what they're seeing from the defense. Making things happen is part of the job, and Price has admirably publicly accepted these responsibilities. No need to treat him with pure kid gloves.
    Those three guys all had incredible pass protection their entire careers. You are proving the pro Price poonts for them.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Montana Rodgers and Manning have all been ripped for losing too. The 86 Giants beat Joe 49-0 and sent him to the hospital.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Those three guys all had incredible pass protection their entire careers. You are proving the pro Price poonts for them.

Actually, that's not entirely true. Among the biggest wins these guys have had have come against the best teams in the league, facing defenses more than capable of bringing heat, and in Manning's case, his play at Indy took significant heat off the line. His loss there had a stunning effect. They instantly went from playing at or near championship level, to cellar dweller. As good as he is, I don't think many would have predicted that level of impact. He is an excellent example of a pocket passing quarterback who has the ability to make defenses pay when they try to pressure him, with his field awareness, calm under pressure, ability to read defenses and throw the ball. That's not Price, but again, that is not a fair comparison to virtually any other quarterback either.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Montana Rodgers and Manning have all been ripped for losing too. The 86 Giants beat Joe 49-0 and sent him to the hospital.

Under normal circumstances quarterbacks take heat for losses. It comes with the job. No other single position has a greater ability to impact the game. Not sure why Price should be immune from the same criticism.
  • Options

It was all Keith Price's fault that UW allowed 67 points in the 2011 Alamo Bowl and that UW has allowed 45+ points to Oregon and ASU this year.

He really needs to block for himself better, play every snap on defense, and be the kicker on the kickoff team too.
  • Options
    Founders Club

It was all Keith Price's fault that UW allowed 67 points in the 2011 Alamo Bowl and that UW has allowed 45+ points to Oregon and ASU this year.

He really needs to block for himself better, play every snap on defense, and be the kicker on the kickoff team too.
    C'mon boobs. I said nothing of the Alamo Bowel. He played great in that game, had doogs seeing special seasons ahead. After all, he was the best quarterback on the field, right?

The defense looked like shit in all three games you've mentioned, but so did Price against Oregon and ASU.
  • Options

C'mon boobs. I said nothing of the Alamo Bowel. He played great in that game, had doogs seeing special seasons ahead. After all, he was the best quarterback on the field, right?

The defense looked like shit in all three games you've mentioned, but so did Price against Oregon and ASU.
    Like I said, Price should have blocked for himself better in those two games. It's completely unacceptable that he allowed himself to be sacked 11 times in those two games.
  • Options

dnc said:

Actually, that's not entirely true. Among the biggest wins these guys have had have come against the best teams in the league, facing defenses more than capable of bringing heat, and in Manning's case, his play at Indy took significant heat off the line. His loss there had a stunning effect. They instantly went from playing at or near championship level, to cellar dweller. As good as he is, I don't think many would have predicted that level of impact. He is an excellent example of a pocket passing quarterback who has the ability to make defenses pay when they try to pressure him, with his field awareness, calm under pressure, ability to read defenses and throw the ball. That's not Price, but again, that is not a fair comparison to virtually any other quarterback either.
    Indy fell apart because their backup QB situation was drecktastic. People were speculating it would take them years to be competitive again, but once they added another competent QB, they were back in the playoffs.

They didn't fall off without Manning because he disguised a turrible OL, they fell off without Manning because PLSS could have been a better QB than Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    Aaron Rodgers has been one of the most sacked QB's the past few years. He has a pretty bad OL. In the fail Mary game, he was sacked like 8 times. He has had a rookie from Colorado as his LT all year this season. SoutherDawg has a point. Price's pocket presence is terrible. At times, he steps into sacks and hurries where if he stepped up in the pocket or slid left or right he could have easily avoided the rush. Lots of us commented on it against ASU. A better OL would solve this, but Price has developed very bad habits against the rush.
  • Options

Aaron Rodgers has been one of the most sacked QB's the past few years. He has a pretty bad OL. In the fail Mary game, he was sacked like 8 times. He has had a rookie from Colorado as his LT all year this season. SoutherDawg has a point. Price's pocket presence is terrible. At times, he steps into sacks and hurries where if he stepped up in the pocket or slid left or right he could have easily avoided the rush. Lots of us commented on it against ASU. A better OL would solve this, but Price has developed very bad habits against the rush.

I'll concede that Price could use a ton of work on pocket presence.

It's a national outrage that there aren't any experienced QBs on the coaching staff working with him on this.
  • Options

You're right about Rodgers. Poont conceded.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And Green Bay, now without the injured Rodgers, has won what in recent years? Their Super Bowl winner was a complete team.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Indy fell apart because their backup QB situation was drecktastic. People were speculating it would take them years to be competitive again, but once they added another competent QB, they were back in the playoffs.

They didn't fall off without Manning because he disguised a turrible OL, they fell off without Manning because PLSS could have been a better QB than Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky.
    I dont know if PLSS would have been a better QB than those two but I'm sure he would have gotten a lot more tail.
  • Options
    Rodgers looked pretty average in last years Monday Night game when Seattle was teeing off on him with 8 first half sacks. The Giants made him look average the year prior in the playoffs.

Shitting on Price because he can't handle pressure is fucking stupid. Every QB looks like hell when being rushed.

Looked at Mariota last week vs the rest of the year. Look at the great Manziel and how he looked this year vs Bama with some costly picks.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Holy fucking shit! He's not as good as Aaron Rodgers!!!