Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Larry1Doog's Gotta Doog (not quite copy/pasted)

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
So we need to beat a #13 team at their place to even count as being on the rise?

We've played games at #4 Stanfraud, #19 ASSU (with an injured QB), and now will face #13 fUCLA on the road. Probably no team in the country can expect to win playing on the road against the #4 team. To expect to win at on the road against #13, you have to be top 5. A top 5-10 team would be a tossup on the road with a top 13 team. To expect to beat the 19th ranked team on the road, you'd have to be a top 10 team with a healthy QB. A top 15 team with a healthy QB would be a tossup at best playing #19 on the road.

Think about how little margin for error or even injury you negas are giving this team. Given the fact Price was injured for the ASU game, essentially you are suggesting that we be top 10 or we are treading water. You've ignored blowouts over teams that a non-top 20 team would feel good about, but are willing to write this team off over a top 20 road loss with an injured QB and 3 other games (Oregon, UCLA, Stanford) that even a borderline top 10 team would be underdogs in all 3 and expect to go 0-3 or 1-2.

This is the standard set by those who never wanted Sark. Nobody that would hire him and give him any benefit of the doubt would ever suggest this was a do or die game. Huge game? Certainly. Do or die for Sark? Certainly not.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    edited November 2013
    More from the 7pologist

Every year? This is the first year we've had a rebuilt roster to compete with top 15 teams, although we did occasionally pull big upsets (Stanfraud last year, U$C twice) during the rebuild. It makes no sense to suggest we should have been regularly winning games like this fUCLA game every year during a total rebuild, which is exactly what people are suggesting that say every year...or that this is his last chance to win a game like this. This year is the FIRST CHANCE to win games like this, not the LAST CHANCE. If every year we said, "to retain our coach we need to beat the #4 or #13 teams on the road or the #19 team on the road with an injured QB", we'd change coaches more often than not. In fact, most of the conference would fire their coach with that standard.

People just don't realize how tough it is to win conference road games, and how much tuffer our conference schedule has been than everyone else's. Stanford's 2 tuffest road games...a close win over OS and a close loss against a 1 conference win Utah team. fUCLA had 2 blowout losses in their 2 toughest conference road games, and 2 close road wins over mediocre Utah and Arizona teams in their 3rd and 4th toughest road games. ASSU's toughest road games were a blowout loss at Stanford and a 1 point win over Utah. Even Whoregon got manhandled by Stanfraud in their biggest conference road game.

That said, we certainly have a chance to win this game. It will be the biggest road win of the year in conference, along with Oregon's win over us. It's just that it isn't the kind of win to be taken for granted.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    So, in year 5 Sark isn't supposed to beat the 3rd best PAC 12 road game on his schedule. It's also acceptable to get blown on to the 4th best as long as you are using an injured qb. To bad USC beat the beavs or the excuse of playing a ranked OSU team would be in the cards.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    2012 Stanford and aTm both say hi.

Probably no team in the country can expect to win playing on the road against the #4 team.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    edited November 2013
    You can't expect to beat ASU on the road in year 5. We're not Bama!
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Sark is the motherfucker talking Pac-12 titles, Rose Bowls, and Natties. Hold him to his own standard or die in a fucking fire.

E-x-a-c-t-l-y. Why don't these mediocrity-loving clowns hold him to the same standards he holds himself? I bet Sark maniacally laughs every night before bed when he thinks about how much of the stupid fanbase he has in his pocket.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    How about nailing your scrote to the ceiling?
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I'm stoopid and slow so can someone remind me what we were ranked and what ASU was ranked one hour before the ASU game?
  • I love how Doogs are bringing up Price being injured as an excuse. The defense, OL and entire team sucked that day.

Also in year five if you don't have a backup QB that you trust enough to play for an injured Price whose fucking fault is that?

Reading all that garbage hurt my head it was so painful. Felt like a Whoosh by one of us then I remembered that Doogs are fucking retards. I pray to allah these fuckers don't procreate.