Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    i saw this one

with samuel l jackson
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe hiring hit men isn't the answer but highly trained ex military who need jobs could be
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Maybe hiring hit men isn't the answer but highly trained ex military who need jobs could be
    Armed guards at schools makes eminent sense. And, if I'm not mistaken, the Gun Free Zones legislation needn't be amended to accommodate that approach, so you don't have to go to Congress for that.

I assume this is also not a big deal for school budgets.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stephen Wright would ask how can you enforce a gun free zone without a gun?

I always thought the law was symbolic more than anything. Shouldn't be an issue
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    the stay out zone better not be symbolic - have I kept away from Drug Free Zones for years for naught?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

• Options

Of all the political rhetoric I've seen these days - and like everyone I've seen a lot - one of the more head scratchers was the Gun Free Zone stuff.

I think the idea is that if you're caught with a gun within some radius of a school, the judgments get worse. The rhetoric, of course, is that bad guys don't obey the law and nobody obeying the law will be armed to deal with them. Alright.

But the law exempts, I think, police. Off-duty and retired are, I think, not exempt, and that was probably an unintended consequence of statute drafting - don't know.

The main idea is obvious, and then you don't have that exposure if there are armed people there to deal with a threat.

Arming teachers and random other school officials - sorry, I've been a pretend lawyer too fucking long and know better. What could go wrong?

- Johnny Football Player on a bad meth trip gets the gun out of Mrs. McEnhenny's hands and shoots someone.

- Mrs. Johnson forgets to lock her drawer one recess and Mikey and Bobby go snooping around and accidentally fire off a round and kill the janitor.

- Mr. Smith, a nice shop teacher, thinks he's a Solider of Fortune guy until the shit hits the fan and we find out he's better suited to the wood planer than dealing with a maniac and winds up shooting someone else.

There are no guarantees in life. I know that. But I like my chances better with a trained person who takes his job seriously and routinely practices shooting.

Maintaining possession of a gun safely, and shooting it well under pressure, are not as simple and as straightforward as people think. At least that's what my pretend-cop friends tell me.

I want my kid's math teacher focusing on teaching them math. That's what they decided to be good at. Let them be that, and hire someone who wants to guard human life.

Easy peasy Japaneasy
    Come on now. Mr. Hand packing a big ol' hog leg .44 would have been tuff.

Funny you say that. As I was typing my Tequilla response, Mr. Hand came to mind too.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750

Of all the political rhetoric I've seen these days - and like everyone I've seen a lot - one of the more head scratchers was the Gun Free Zone stuff.

I think the idea is that if you're caught with a gun within some radius of a school, the judgments get worse. The rhetoric, of course, is that bad guys don't obey the law and nobody obeying the law will be armed to deal with them. Alright.

But the law exempts, I think, police. Off-duty and retired are, I think, not exempt, and that was probably an unintended consequence of statute drafting - don't know.

The main idea is obvious, and then you don't have that exposure if there are armed people there to deal with a threat.

Arming teachers and random other school officials - sorry, I've been a pretend lawyer too fucking long and know better. What could go wrong?

- Johnny Football Player on a bad meth trip gets the gun out of Mrs. McEnhenny's hands and shoots someone.

- Mrs. Johnson forgets to lock her drawer one recess and Mikey and Bobby go snooping around and accidentally fire off a round and kill the janitor.

- Mr. Smith, a nice shop teacher, thinks he's a Solider of Fortune guy until the shit hits the fan and we find out he's better suited to the wood planer than dealing with a maniac and winds up shooting someone else.

There are no guarantees in life. I know that. But I like my chances better with a trained person who takes his job seriously and routinely practices shooting.

Maintaining possession of a gun safely, and shooting it well under pressure, are not as simple and as straightforward as people think. At least that's what my pretend-cop friends tell me.

I want my kid's math teacher focusing on teaching them math. That's what they decided to be good at. Let them be that, and hire someone who wants to guard human life.

Easy peasy Japaneasy
    Come on now. Mr. Hand packing a big ol' hog leg .44 would have been tuff.

Funny you say that. As I was typing my Tequilla response, Mr. Hand came to mind too.
    brb jo
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,877

Louanne Johnson didn't need no guns to calm the hood rats...err, students.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,857
    edited March 2018

Easy peasy Japaneasy
    Your a petpretend attorney unless your a DA you don't have any cop friends. In Cali a cop is considered on duty 24/7.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    More Liberal insanity

http://s.oregonlive.com/qLpJHyU

The media and left is busting the Police’s balls for continuing to track gang members and affiliates.

Meanwhile.

http://katu.com/news/local/portland-police-investigate-4th-gang-related-shooting-in-24-hours
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Why track criminals? Heck it's not like anyone tracked the mafia.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club

I never did buy Michelle Pfieffer as a toughie
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Easy peasy Japaneasy
    Your a petpretend attorney unless your a DA you don't have any cop friends. In Cali a cop is considered on duty 24/7.
    Grammar and punctuation really are not that underrated. The guy who makes my tacos in a truck has a better command of the Engrish.
  • Options

I never did buy Michelle Pfieffer as a toughie
    I bought, and would today buy, Michelle Pfieffer any fucking way she wants to be bought.

Don't be a ghey Derek.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,877
    One of the true injustices in this world is that Michelle Pfieffer chose not to go the nude route in her acting roles.

THAT would have made Scarface essentially perfect as a movie.

• Options

Sledog said:

Easy peasy Japaneasy
    Grammar and punctuation really are not that underrated. The guy who makes my tacos in a truck has a better command of the Engrish.
    You are not worth the time it takes to hit more keys. I hate typing. HTH