Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stanford's success destroys any Doog argument.

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Literally every fucking one. Yet these mental midgets continually roll out the same excuses. Just reply 'Stanford' and walk away. I would kill to have had a run like they've had the past few years:

12-1 Orange Bowl
11-2 Fiesta Bowl
12-2 Rose Bowl

All built on tough-as-nails physicality, power run game, and fundamentals. The blueprint for success hasn't changed. Run the ball. Stop the run. Tackle. Wear other teams out.

Fuck. The nerdy school on the Farm has become UW under Don James, while we drown in fat frat boy mediocrity and run a pussy offense and don't do anything particularly well.. Fuck this administration. Fuck this staff. Fuck this fanbase.

Oh and before anyone coy mentions 0-12, Stanford's 1-11 2006 team was far worse than our 2008 team. Guess who their only win was that year? Against a heartless suddenly seniored UW squad.

Comments

• You'd like to think that but Doogs bring up how you can't blame a kid for ever going to Stanford.

Doogs always find a way to excuse shitty coaching at UW
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I'm a pathetic Husky fan and my wife is a hardcore Cal Bear yet... we both love football and despite the emotional pain of it, we actually have Stanford season tickets because they play the kind of football we like to watch.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited November 2013
    This existence of this loathed rival in the conference is a good thing. The conference can't make a fundamental change to "big boy football" any more than the SEC make a fundamental change to "high octane smoke and mirrors football." Not without a full decade or more to work with. We're stuck with what we have built and now we have to go back to the lab like good chemists and tweak it until we find a way to make it work against those kind of teams. Not sure what the answer is exactly, but pretty sure it involves the following universal truth: big fast guys + field goals > small fast guys that go for it on every 4th down inside enemy territory without consideration for who the enemy is.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

You'd like to think that but Doogs bring up how you can't blame a kid for ever going to Stanford.

Doogs always find a way to excuse shitty coaching at UW

For a thousand years people always said you couldn't recruit elite kids to Stanford because (A) admissions and (B) the type of kids who wanted to go to Stanford were soft and finesse.

Now the script has been completely flipped and admissions are used by doogs in favor of Stanford? It should be 1000x easier for UW-type kids to play mean and nasty than Stanford-type kids. Of course, coaching is EVERYTHING and that salient point escapes every doog's stupid head.
    Meek said:

I'm a pathetic Husky fan and my wife is a hardcore Cal Bear yet...

I don't think a hardcore Cal bear fan could stomach attending so many Stanford games. Then again Cal sucks major ass, so perhaps this is possible.

• Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    I'm glad to see that some of you guys that were humping Oregon's leg, are finally humping Stanford's leg... because now you get what some of us have been getting for a while... Stanford plays real football... Oregon plays a blurgimmick.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    edited November 2013
    Your_Mom said:

I'm glad to see that some of you guys that were humping Oregon's leg, are finally humping Stanford's leg... because now you get what some of us have been getting for a while... Stanford plays real football... Oregon plays a blurgimmick.

You have to be the biggest dumbfuck I have ever encountered on a message board. Of course you have to have better guys upfront, but that doesn't mean you have to play a pro-style offense with those linemen. Stanford's O-line could play spread if Shaw wanted to, but he doesn't have the personnel on the skill positions to run it well. So he packs everyone inside and runs at you. You put Oregon's skill positions and spread offense with Stanford's offensive front, you have an unstoppable force. Calling Oregon's offense a gimmick is why idiots like you shouldn't procreate. You could actually call Stanford's offense a gimmick, considering more offenses now run spread systems compared to pro-style systems.

Also, what does Oregon's spread offense have anything to do with their undersized defensive front? Morons like you make this world dumber. Why your parents actually conceived you is beyond me.
    edited November 2013
    You sound angry.

Cry me a river.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    It does destroy the doog myths, but I have seen Fetters defend it by saying Stanford is not like any other school, so they don't count.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    Your_Mom said:

You sound angry.

Cry me a river.

If you read the end, more perplexed than angry.
    Your_Mom said:

Your_Mom

Pull your pants down and go hump a cactus.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    Your_Mom said:

Stanford plays real football... Oregon plays a blurgimmick.

So then Sark plays a..........?

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Your_Mom said:

10-3 Rose Bowl
    12-1 BCS Championship Game
    12-2 Rose Bowl
    12-1 Fiesta Bowl
    8-1 projected to another BCS Bowl
    2014 will be pre-season Top 5-10 depending on Mariota leaving/staying. BCS no longer exists.

Don James went to seven BCS games in 18 years. Oregon is about to do that in seven years. If it takes 18 years "the right way" and seven years with a "gimmick" then wouldn't the gimmick be the right way, or at the very least the smart way? Stanford's Harbaugh recruited, senior laden team pushed around the much younger Ducks. We all know a rebuilding Stanford isn't going to beat an upper class filled Oregon team at Autzen next year, especially when the bulk of that rebuild will be the defense.

How are we supposed to rate teams starting next year? If you're not in the playoffs then you're not a great team, but if you make a big time bowl game you're still not a great team. The fagmos running D-1A football need to pick a 16 team playoff, just bowl games and a free-for-all vote at the end, or get their heads cut off in the streets!
    edited November 2013

Your_Mom said:

You sound angry.

Cry me a river.

If you read the end, more perplexed than angry.
    By the way, it isn't just a view held by Pac 12 fans....

http://bit.ly/1a3pJ0d
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    Mosster47 said:

10-3 Rose Bowl
    12-1 BCS Championship Game
    12-2 Rose Bowl
    12-1 Fiesta Bowl
    8-1 projected to another BCS Bowl
    2014 will be pre-season Top 5-10 depending on Mariota leaving/staying. BCS no longer exists.

Don James went to seven BCS games in 18 years. Oregon is about to do that in seven years. If it takes 18 years "the right way" and seven years with a "gimmick" then wouldn't the gimmick be the right way, or at the very least the smart way? Stanford's Harbaugh recruited, senior laden team pushed around the much younger Ducks. We all know a rebuilding Stanford isn't going to beat an upper class filled Oregon team at Autzen next year, especially when the bulk of that rebuild will be the defense.

How are we supposed to rate teams starting next year? If you're not in the playoffs then you're not a great team, but if you make a big time bowl game you're still not a great team. The fagmos running D-1A football need to pick a 16 team playoff, just bowl games and a free-for-all vote at the end, or get their heads cut off in the streets!

Shhhh....don't let facts get in the way of a doog's good argument.....

Your_Mom said:

Stanford plays real football... Oregon plays a blurgimmick.

Sark sucks. Whats your point? I'm on record saying I'd rather play Furd style than Quack style.
    edited November 2013
    Mosster47 said:

Your_Mom said:

Stanford's Harbaugh recruited, senior laden team pushed around the much younger Ducks.
    What was the excuse last year?

And let it play out before you anoint the Quacks as having gone to 7 BCS bowls in 7 years. So far they've played in 4 and won 2, during a down era for the Pac. (Hi Creep).

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303

City of Torrance handmade skin fucking flute
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Your_Mom said:

Mosster47 said:

Your_Mom said:

Stanford's Harbaugh recruited, senior laden team pushed around the much younger Ducks.
    What was the excuse last year?

And let it play out before you anoint the Quacks as having gone to 7 BCS bowls in 7 years. So far they've played in 4 and won 2, during a down era for the Pac. (Hi Creep).

No excuse. Stanford feels kickers are important, Oregon feels they are not. The main theme to me was Stanford's front 7 was better than Oregon's front five. Essentially those groups were the same this year. Oregon didn't reload Alonso, Clay, Jordan, Barber, and Lyerla (blocking) as well as anyone hoped.

Last year, 50/50. This year Stanford is flat out better. Next year should be ugly.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    Meek said:

I'm a pathetic Husky fan and my wife is a hardcore Cal Bear yet... we both love football and despite the emotional pain of it, we actually have Stanford season tickets because they play the kind of football we like to watch.

Trader!