Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emmert - Great UW prez, or greatest UW prez?

I'll say greatest! But don't take my word for it... ask around!

What They're saying about the amazing Mark Emmert:

"Emmert was one of the best Presidents the UW has ever had. Period."

"I would take him back at the UW in a heartbeat."

"Most on these boards judge the UW by the Athletic Department which is,... to be blunt, "ridiculous". Universities are built around academics not athletics. Simple question: Could you have a Husky Football Team without an Academic institution?? (nooo).....Conversely could you have a University without a Husky Football Team?? (I believe so)"

"Emmert's tenure was a big success for UW in every respect."

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Do you have names or screen names to go along with these comments?

In my opinion, Emmert is nothing more than a political coward. He'll accept the praise when things go right but is quick to deflect when things go wrong. When he had the chance to make the right but difficult call with Willingham, he caved. His tenure at the NCAA has been nothing more than one embarassment after another and he has yet to say, "the buck stops here," instead firing people on his staff and placing blame on them.

Fuck that guy. Of course, he is the perfect guy to be in charge in the worst sports city in the country. Fuck it - Emmert for Mayor!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Conversely could you have a University without a Husky Football Team?? (I believe so)

This idea has a lot more merit than most people realize.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No word on the front porch?