Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joshua Calvert, 2019 4* LB, Westlake Village (Oaks Christian), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Here's a little doggy snack boys and girls: Today the UCLA 247 mod reported UCLA and Josh Calvert have parted ways. They were the biggest competition for him. Sounds like a preemptive WDWHA right before his OV to UW. USC has never been a factor because they dropped his older brother from their last recruiting class. Michigan State is the other school he's considering. Nuff said there. Expect a WOOF this weekend.

I like him. He's pretty fast for a big white guy and he hits hard. I also love Drew Fowler's Senior film so far and would love to get him in the boat as well because Tootoo is going to Bama. Calvert, Fowler, and Heimuli seems realistic and necessary at this point to fill out the ILB depth and get some more guys who can actually make a fucking tackle on special teams. Cheers.

Isn't Fowler essentially Sean Constantine?
    I can see the similarities: White, Bellevue high school, 3-star rating. But Fowler is much faster and quick twitch than Constantine ever was. When he runs the ball his speed is on par with Kaho's high school RB film. On defense he's got closing speed, good instincts, strong and physical tackling, play making ability, and the athleticism to cover. He has the talent we're looking for. If UW doesn't take him, Stanford or UCLA will.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Here's a little doggy snack boys and girls: Today the UCLA 247 mod reported UCLA and Josh Calvert have parted ways. They were the biggest competition for him. Sounds like a preemptive WDWHA right before his OV to UW. USC has never been a factor because they dropped his older brother from their last recruiting class. Michigan State is the other school he's considering. Nuff said there. Expect a WOOF this weekend.

I like him. He's pretty fast for a big white guy and he hits hard. I also love Drew Fowler's Senior film so far and would love to get him in the boat as well because Tootoo is going to Bama. Calvert, Fowler, and Heimuli seems realistic and necessary at this point to fill out the ILB depth and get some more guys who can actually make a fucking tackle on special teams. Cheers.

Isn't Fowler essentially Sean Constantine?
    I can see the similarities: White, Bellevue high school, 3-star rating. But Fowler is much faster and quick twitch than Constantine ever was. When he runs the ball his speed is on par with Kaho's high school RB film. On defense he's got closing speed, good instincts, strong and physical tackling, play making ability, and the athleticism to cover. He has the talent we're looking for. If UW doesn't take him, Stanford or UCLA will.
    How come his offer sheet is so shitty? Is he even on any Pac12 school's radar besides OSU?

I'd take him as a PWO like Ben Hines last year but no way we use a scholarship on another white LB. When Calvert gets on the boat, we've hit our quota for this class.
  • Options
    He's under the radar because he's white, from the state of Washington, and doesn't have a UW offer yet. He's not a PWO. He's actually really good. I'm fine with shitting on white players when it's obvious that being white limits their talent. That's not the case here. Fowler has NFL talent and his film is slightly better than Miki Ah You's. If you can't tell the difference in talent between Fowler and Ben Hines then just stop trying.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

He's under the radar because he's white, from the state of Washington, and doesn't have a UW offer yet. He's not a PWO. He's actually really good. I'm fine with shitting on white players when it's obvious that being white limits their talent. That's not the case here. Fowler has NFL talent and his film is slightly better than Miki Ah You's. If you can't tell the difference in talent between Fowler and Ben Hines then just stop trying.

You're really hitching your wagon to this kid huh? I honestly have no idea how to judge a player's film but I go off offer sheets and the TSIO guys' opinions. I'll come back here in 5 years to eat crow if this kid makes it into the NFL.
  • Options

You're really hitching your wagon to this kid huh? I honestly have no idea how to judge a player's film but I go off offer sheets and the TSIO guys' opinions. I'll come back here in 5 years to eat crow if this kid makes it into the NFL.
    I know good talent when I see it. I can't guarantee he makes it to the NFL because injuries happen that derail careers at the college level all the time. But I can say with confidence that if UW lets Stanford have him they will regret it down the line.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    My grandma is faster twitch then Constantine
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    CB from Huffman
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I thought Calvert was a lock to UCLA because his brother plays there. I never thought the Huskies had a chance with him.

What changed?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Crawfish said:

I thought Calvert was a lock to UCLA because his brother plays there. I never thought the Huskies had a chance with him.

What changed?

UCLA can’t Chip in from the fringe
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Another white guy!!!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Close the thread!!!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Close the thread!!!

Nah - he's white, we can talk about white people in our KKKiller program!! Not racist, we just PREFER OUR OWN PEOPLE!!!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He looks pretty good. He has more highlights at QB than LB, but he's a good athlete and he's not a midget.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Also - Calvert has a better arm than Jake.

To be fair I have a better arm than Jake and I am a 45 year old drunk.
    That’s fair. Probably a little too fair.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Did the big white kid commit?