Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

On this day in 1985

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,634 Standard Supporter

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

Did you guys even listen to it? The legacy section of its Wikipedia will give you chills.

As a song, We Are the World was aight. Just aight. Nothing special (c) Bears Wiin.

It was the first guilt trip, give money deal besides Jerry Lewis' guilt trip telethon. So it was cool because it was first.

But I don't run around with a lighter up yelling "WE ARE THE WORLD!" like I do with a fucking awesome song like Freebird or Party All the Time.

Wood smash Kim Carnes, btw.

And let's not forget LaToya Jackson and Dan Ackroyd sang on it....so we are not talking Pavarotti quality here.

Do They Know Its Christmas is a far better tune.

You would prefer Do They Known It's XMas. It's the all white, male UK version. We are the World is better because it has more diversity, more cameos, more inspiring lyrics AND was made in the USA. We are the World also saved somewhere between 5-10x the starving Africans that Do They Know It's Xmas did. It really isn't even a competition throbs. We are the World wins hands down but I applaud both for their courage.
    He prefers it for one reason

George Michael
    *swoon*

And anyone who experienced the 80's and wouldn't put a pounding on any or all of Bananarama is a liar. A FUCKING LIAR WITH THEIR PANTS ON FIRE!

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

Did you guys even listen to it? The legacy section of its Wikipedia will give you chills.

As a song, We Are the World was aight. Just aight. Nothing special (c) Bears Wiin.

It was the first guilt trip, give money deal besides Jerry Lewis' guilt trip telethon. So it was cool because it was first.

But I don't run around with a lighter up yelling "WE ARE THE WORLD!" like I do with a fucking awesome song like Freebird or Party All the Time.

Wood smash Kim Carnes, btw.

And let's not forget LaToya Jackson and Dan Ackroyd sang on it....so we are not talking Pavarotti quality here.

Do They Know Its Christmas is a far better tune.

You would prefer Do They Known It's XMas. It's the all white, male UK version. We are the World is better because it has more diversity, more cameos, more inspiring lyrics AND was made in the USA. We are the World also saved somewhere between 5-10x the starving Africans that Do They Know It's Xmas did. It really isn't even a competition throbs. We are the World wins hands down but I applaud both for their courage.
    He prefers it for one reason

George Michael
    *swoon*

And anyone who experienced the 80's and wouldn't put a pounding on any or all of Bananarama is a liar. A FUCKING LIAR WITH THEIR PANTS ON FIRE!

Even their name says we wanna be rammed by a banana. So hot.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    LebamDawg said:

Mosster47 said:

White people and Asians are never going to allow Africa to succeed.

Complete waste of time.

Africans are never gonna let Africa succeed
    Sure, yeah. In no way would America, China, Russia, and Germany try to hold back a continent with an infinite supply of people and resources.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    I wasn't born yet
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,321 Swaye's Wigwam
    Hear N' Aid or GTFO. Yea there are a few fags on this - Kevin DuBrow, Don Dokken and Neil Schon I'm talking to you, but the rest of the lineup kicks ass. Dio, Halford (a real fag who'd smash your face in), Yngwie, Iron Maiden guitarists, young Geoff Tate, Blackie Lawless, Vince Neil, Mick Mars, Nugent, and half of Spinal Tap.

https://youtu.be/xrj5CET4ehE
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

Hear N' Aid or GTFO. Yea there are a few fags on this - Kevin DuBrow, Don Dokken and Neil Schon I'm talking to you, but the rest of the lineup kicks ass. Dio, Halford (a real fag who'd smash your face in), Yngwie, Iron Maiden guitarists, young Geoff Tate, Blackie Lawless, Vince Neil, Mick Mars, Nugent, and half of Spinal Tap.

https://youtu.be/xrj5CET4ehE

For fucks sake was there a save Africa collaboration project for every genre of 80s music? The best part about this one is that if I didn't watch the video then I'd probably think it was just one dude singing. All those leather daddies sound identical.