Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Win Out or Lose Out

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Every other scenario is worthless as we already know. Win out and coupled with the easy schedule next year, the chances of someone taking Sark off our hands is better. Most here said 8 wins is the worst scenario and I do fear 8-4 is coming.

Lets not make too big a deal over this coming game. Its just one fucking game. It doesn't change what we already know. Prior to Mora taking over UCLA they were 86-51-63-70 in Sagarin. So far he's gone 30-14. Sark inherited 53-53-129 and went 49-36-50-49 in his first 4 seasons. Meanwhile, prior to Mora, UCLA's avg star ranking per commit was 3.30, 3.65, 2.72, 3.14. In his first class Mora's avg was 3.81.

UCLA is beat up going into this game. UW has the emotional advantage. Remember ASU got prison raped by Stanford and lost to a bad Notre Dame team. Enter Colorado and it changed their season. So don't minimize what it could do for UW. UCLA also has a weak home-field advantage like Stanford. Thats why the spread is as low as it is. UCLA also had trouble stopping Kadeem Carey which bodes well for UW.

Coaches have a big impact over long periods of time. That is clear between Mora and Sark. Mora has showed serious improvement immediately and built a foundation for UCLA to compete for championships annually while Sark in his 5th year is struggling to get to that point. Mora vs. Sark in one game is irrelevant just like Sark vs. Peterson or Sark vs. Rich Rod. One game doesn't fucking matter. We already know who Sark is and we already know Mora is a lot better.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    the Half Brain doth protest too much methinks
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    As you said I also fear we're going to land in some middle ground. I cannot imagine how horrible the doog outcry will be if we beat Mora. I shudder to think.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Huh? It doesn't fucking matter because TSIFO, as is the next, and all season's after so long as Sark is coaching WA.

Fuck.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    It's November and this isn't the NFL. Time to relax and watch the remainder of the season play out. Most of us I expect have only seen the Bruins on TV playing their games in mild fair weather and that's not going to change now. UCLA appears to have some spectacular young talent performing well enough at skill positions, but where they seem to me to have an advantage over UW is with matchups on or near the line of scrimmage.

Playing at home, I'll be surprised if the young-athletic Bruin DL + LB's don't eat the Husky OL +TE's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner........ unless Sark does what I don't think he's capable of and that is have the patience to actually be what he claims to be in taking advantage of his best asset and thinking run first. Conversely, I don't think the Husky defensive front can put enough if any pressure on UCLA's future Heisman QB, unless Wilcox is turned loose to blitz with LB's and DB's like we not yet seen.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    Ucla has been brutal on the offensive line. If they can't get pressure they should revoke their scholarships.

When they get pressure I fully expect Huntley to be running away from ends and backers most of the game but get the edge and move the ball down the field on broken plays.

It's what we do.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    This is a really big game for Mora, if he drops this one then I will have some serious doubts about his ability as a HC. Next year would be do or die for him if Sark beats him at home.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

This is a really big game for Mora, if he drops this one then I will have some serious doubts about his ability as a HC. Next year would be do or die for him if Sark beats him at home.

I disagree. Its only one game. Coaching matchups game to game mean very little.

UCLA probably has the toughest schedule in the country. Already played Nebraska, Utah, Arizona, Stanford and Oregon on the road. Its taken its toll and the effect is injuries are piling up. They still have to play UW, ASU and USC. Thats 7 teams in the Sagarin top 29 (5 on the road) and Nebraska who was tougher earlier in the season before they realized they sucked.

As long as UCLA wins one of its last three its 8-4 and will be top 15 in Sagarin & SRS. That is a hell of a season. There are probably only 10 schools at most that would fare better against that schedule. And its only Mora's 2nd season. We know he's a good coach. Years 3-4 will tell us if he's merely a good coach or great...or somewhere in between.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

This shit is all fucking pathetic, as in another team's coach is being evaluated based upon how his team does against Sark. Sark will have his mediocre dynasty at WA as long as he wants. He'll probably convince Woodward he is worth a top 10 salary too.

SOS. WA football is stuck on Sark, where turning the corner = going in circles.
  • Huskies will finish 7-5 like we all thought at the start of the year when looking at the schedule. Which is what Vegas thought at the start of the year because we all know Sark's home and away history.

He's the easiest coach to bet on. If he's at home unless he's playing Oregon or another top tier athletic team bet on Sark. If he's on the road unless he's facing a fucking dreckfest like Cal, Colorado or Illinois bet against him.

Even the Nega's in here don't understand Sark as they pick Arizona to beat him at home. He's so easily predictable when it comes to betting.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    In closing, fuck Woodward.