Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nathaniel Kalepo, 200* 2019 OT, SEA (Beautiful RB High where my BFF went), WA - COMMITTED

Comments

• Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Any good looking 2020 prospects at Beach?
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ZoneUW said:

Any good looking 2020 prospects at Beach?
    I don't think so.

Ari Patu will probably be a 3-star ATH or something in 2021.

They have a 2022 WR named Jaelin Green who has already played and is listed at 6'4 and looks like he could be good.

They also have a 2022 lineman named Josh Conerly who is listed at 6'4 245 and might also be good.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2021 is going to be absolutely insane. There's a legitimate claim that of the 6 guys we've already offered, that we're favorites for 5 of them.

2024 will be special!!!

No, really.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

My sources - real source - confirmed that Kalepo is the guy who 100% got Latu to come here, and that he will get JT here in two years (they're good friends). God bless Kalepo!

I mean who would doubt him, look what Kalepo has been able to do to

2021 is going to be absolutely insane. There's a legitimate claim that of the 6 guys we've already offered, that we're favorites for 5 of them.

2024 will be special!!!

No, really.
    That’s when Saban retires too
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Q: Brandon. Here's one for Cougar fans...Per the 247 Sports state rankings (don't care about the composite). The top-rated OL prospect in WA for 2018 was WSU signee Cade Beresford (over UW signee M.J. Ale). The top-rated OL prospect in WA for 2019 was WSU signee Patrick Utchinski (over UW signee Nathaniel Kalepo) Not complaining as a Dawg fan, just like to hear your thinking behind it.

Huffman: I think Beresford and Utschinski are both better long term prospects, with more upside, than Ale and Kalepo respectively. Better athletes, with more room to grow and blossom.

Ok Brandon, but can they recruit like Kalepo or doglike the sleeves like Ale? Didn’t think so.

Hey Brandon

ISAFNRC!
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Q: Brandon. Here's one for Cougar fans...Per the 247 Sports state rankings (don't care about the composite). The top-rated OL prospect in WA for 2018 was WSU signee Cade Beresford (over UW signee M.J. Ale). The top-rated OL prospect in WA for 2019 was WSU signee Patrick Utchinski (over UW signee Nathaniel Kalepo) Not complaining as a Dawg fan, just like to hear your thinking behind it.

Huffman: I think Beresford and Utschinski are both better long term prospects, with more upside, than Ale and Kalepo respectively. Better athletes, with more room to grow and blossom.

Ok Brandon, but can they recruit like Kalepo or doglike the sleeves like Ale? Didn’t think so.

WELL WHO THE FUCK WINS IN A 2 ON 2 FIGHT?!
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Why didn’t UW go after Beresford?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Passion said:

Why didn’t UW go after Beresford?
    We didn't hire DDY
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Metallica man breaking out the Hawaiian print polo
    Those are some big dudes.

A kiwi friend of mine always said when fighting polys never punch them in the head but

Beresford was a pass for me. I really liked Utchinski though and wanted him offered by UW. It's tough. Hard to complain when you're getting genetic freaks like Buelow and Kalepo. Kalepo obviously has the size advantage over guys like Utchinski and Beresford and I think Huffman is a fucking retard for not understanding how athletic he is. When he really wants to move he can move as well as anybody in the country. It's just a matter of building his confidence because he doesn't know what he's doing and his technique is a mess. It makes no sense to rank Utchinski ahead of Kalepo because he didn't get invited to any elite camps or all-star games and if he did he probably would have gotten his ass kicked as well if not worse. Unless Utchinski had done the camps and all-star games and performed better than Kalepo he does not deserve to be ranked higher than him. Nobody should get a ratings boost for doing nothing and sitting on their ass while someone else gets dropped in the ratings for taking on the challenge of competing against way better competition than he's used to.

Man, I can't wait for the 2019 Apple Cup. I used to not even pay attention to the Coogs but they have become unbelievably retarded and obnoxious as of late. They are so desperate to find anything that makes them feel like WSU is superior to UW. I've never seen anything like it. You'd think they'd shut the fuck up after watching UW destroy them six times in a row.

Sound reasoning. SAC has a point about Utchinkski.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Haven’t seen it brought up anywhere at all, but Kalepo was supposed to enroll early for spring ball and didn’t. Strange because he supposedly backed out of his Eastside Catholic transfer because the academics would prevent him from early enrolling.

Anyone know what’s going on?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Haven’t seen it brought up anywhere at all, but Kalepo was supposed to enroll early for spring ball and didn’t. Strange because he supposedly backed out of his Eastside Catholic transfer because the academics would prevent him from early enrolling.

Anyone know what’s going on?

I had it my head that he wasn’t going to make spring ball, but don’t remember why.