Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's Hard

2»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

1) that was far from the filthiest move I’ve ever seen ... in fact it’s way more common than not

2) if you look at that angle Harden gets that contact Johnson’s in the middle of his slide ... he’s not off balance leading into it and looks like a baby fawn afterwards as his feet are massively messed up

3) that being said, Johnson should be clowned for going down like that on that move

The most comparable move/action I can think of to that was Jordan’s shot on Russell in the 98 Finals. In both cases, give Jordan/Harden massive credit for being able to have the body control to stop on a dime and use a little bit of arm action to discard the defender. Nobody looks at the Jordan play and says that Russell got clowned.

And I guess that’s my point, Harden’s clearly got tremendous skills and that’s a really tough move to stop as a defender. But that move doesn’t fuck up a defender unless he’s caught off balance with the contact and/or just really really sucks. I put that move at like 30% Harden’s skill level and 70% on Johnson just sucking.

It wasn't that great of a move, but He ded.

R I P
    The move was irrelevent. Staring at him and waiting until he got back up to shoot was everything.
    That part I agree with ... but that’s the part of Harden I can’t stand ... stare him down AFTER you make the shot ... he misses that shot and he looks as dumb as Johnson IMO
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

1) that was far from the filthiest move I’ve ever seen ... in fact it’s way more common than not

2) if you look at that angle Harden gets that contact Johnson’s in the middle of his slide ... he’s not off balance leading into it and looks like a baby fawn afterwards as his feet are massively messed up

3) that being said, Johnson should be clowned for going down like that on that move

The most comparable move/action I can think of to that was Jordan’s shot on Russell in the 98 Finals. In both cases, give Jordan/Harden massive credit for being able to have the body control to stop on a dime and use a little bit of arm action to discard the defender. Nobody looks at the Jordan play and says that Russell got clowned.

And I guess that’s my point, Harden’s clearly got tremendous skills and that’s a really tough move to stop as a defender. But that move doesn’t fuck up a defender unless he’s caught off balance with the contact and/or just really really sucks. I put that move at like 30% Harden’s skill level and 70% on Johnson just sucking.

R I P
    The move was irrelevent. Staring at him and waiting until he got back up to shoot was everything.
    That part I agree with ... but that’s the part of Harden I can’t stand ... stare him down AFTER you make the shot ... he misses that shot and he looks as dumb as Johnson IMO
    That’s the point. He made the shot.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I fucking hate Mina Kimes. She’s not funny, she’s not interesting. she gets all this focus because Lebatard and his minions want to fuck her.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Was it not?

Narrator: "It was not."

People have a hard time accepting that James Harden is insanely good.
    His footwork is insane and he makes it look effortless. I think Presti has a great eye for young talent, but he fucked up letting Harden go.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Tequilla said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

R I P
    THAT is what makes it cool. Any dip shit can do it after finding out if it's ok.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Whatever, he's no Randolph Childress.

https://youtu.be/sRJMsoIptQo
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Everybody in ACC territory thought he was going to be a star.

Jeff McInnis is probably a bigger name twenty years later. Sad.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

R I P
    That's the part of Babe Ruth I can't stand. Call your shot AFTER you hit the homerun...he strikes out there and he looks as dumb as Johnson, IMO.
    Bringin' it back to the U, as only I can.

Watch the U part I: Old school Canes "told you they were going to kick your ass, kicked your ass, and then told you they told they were going to kick your ass."

If you don't like trash, that's one thing. But if you're ok with it, there's only one kind of trash that matters: pre-game, pre-shot, pre-play trash. Post-trash, again, is easy and anyone can do it. It's for cowards. Takes ballz and a lot of confidence to call your shot.

PS: anyone who doesn't realize Harden is fucking SICK AS FUCK is just fucking retarded.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Harden is the best in the league at shifting his weight efficently and changing his speeds to get defenders way off balance. Better than Kyrie, Steph, Wall, Paul etc. His footwork is beautiful and he can put so much weight on one leg to full sell crossovers, behind the backs, between the legs, and in-n-outs. The amount of work he puts in on his hip strength, hip flexibility, and core strength is ridiculous.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Harden also is the only player who has survived the Khloey AIDS as well.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

The third time he corrected his foot was the best part

yryk
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

That's the guy that made me love basketball.