Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump is coming for your guns

124»

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Seems like some here are upset that their fake campaign issue for November has been defused

I know Trump has pissed off some of his base. That kind of goes with compromise to get shit done that I have heard is what moderates and libs want from him

Guess not

If he's pissed off @Swaye he's pissed off America

Hey, we both know I voted for him because I would have voted for a rock over Hillary, but I also hoped he'd do three things:

Deregulate and lower taxes - DONE
    Piss off all of Washington DC - DONE
    Not fuck with the 2nd Amendment - Uh oh....
    I agree with your analysis. As I have said, I'm not a gun guy but I'll shoot anyone that wants to take yours.

This is a political move by a non politician that could in fact backfire.

There is concern that the sheer volume of the anti gun crowd after yet another shooting could have an impact this November.

Personally I don't listen to moderates who vote democrat anyway and prefer scorched earth Trump but he's working the crowd.
    I fucking love scorched Earth Trump. Hell, I could be wrong about all of this. Maybe he does swing some independents with this tactic, and the NRA types still vote for him as opposed to [insert liberal snowflake], but I think it was a super risky move. 98% of NRA Life members (me included) are squarely in the basket of deplorables. It's his best voting block.
    You don't go bankrupt several times and build a fortune by being afraid of risk. That's the non politician in him. But it is a political move and that does hurt the outsider image

Slightly off topic but if you genuinely believe Trump is an amazing business man, I recommend you check out this documentary about him. I know you'll be skeptical and call it fake news but give it a chance.
    https://www.netflix.com/title/80118100
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

I think Trump fucked up bigly here. The gun nuts, of which I am a portion, don't want to hear confiscate guns first, and due process later. That was some bullshit. Fuck off Trump, you dumb orange baboon.

To be fair, I don't think liberals want to hear that either. Other than to find a reason to bag on Trump
    I'm just saying that the liberals he might make happy by cozying up with feel good anti-gun rheotoric still aren't going to vote for him - they hate him. But people like me who did vote for him because we thought he wouldn't fuck with the 2nd Amendment might just stay home next time around. Most gun nuts I know are single issue voters and they have a long memory. I got about 20 texts just yesterday from people saying they'd never set foot in a Dick's Sporting Goods again.

Trump better be careful. If he loses the NRA, it's over for him.
    That I agree with. Trump should have had a few meetings with the NRA and had them come up with some meaningful guidelines. Better background checks and stuff like that. But in a way that protects the second amendment. And gun nuts can agree with the legislation and everyone is happy.

That's never going to happen.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

I think Trump fucked up bigly here. The gun nuts, of which I am a portion, don't want to hear confiscate guns first, and due process later. That was some bullshit. Fuck off Trump, you dumb orange baboon.

To be fair, I don't think liberals want to hear that either. Other than to find a reason to bag on Trump
    I'm just saying that the liberals he might make happy by cozying up with feel good anti-gun rheotoric still aren't going to vote for him - they hate him. But people like me who did vote for him because we thought he wouldn't fuck with the 2nd Amendment might just stay home next time around. Most gun nuts I know are single issue voters and they have a long memory. I got about 20 texts just yesterday from people saying they'd never set foot in a Dick's Sporting Goods again.

That I agree with. Trump should have had a few meetings with the NRA and had them come up with some meaningful guidelines. Better background checks and stuff like that. But in a way that protects the second amendment. And gun nuts can agree with the legislation and everyone is happy.

That's never going to happen.
    Its easier to fund raise than solve.

#everybodydoesit

And the solution isn't that hard. Trump's plan is sloppy as usual but if it goes through congress and gets SCOTUS approval we will have DONE SOMETHING
  • Options

The media really does control this country. Widespread reporting of students killed in a school shooting, a phenomenon so rare that your child literally is 1,000x more likely to get cancer, making it statistically a non-issue, and next thing you know we are looking at trading in more of our rights to try and prevent it because most people are too stupid to realize how effective individual effort can be in terms of combatting crime.

We're literally going to get to the point where we trade our very last ounce of freedom in order to help prevent 1 out of every billion people from dying per year from God only knows what. We'll have traded all of our freedoms for safety. Life will be shitty, but at least it will be plentiful. Perfect.

Yes the media does control the country. But now days, the people have a louder voice with the use of social media.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

The media really does control this country. Widespread reporting of students killed in a school shooting, a phenomenon so rare that your child literally is 1,000x more likely to get cancer, making it statistically a non-issue, and next thing you know we are looking at trading in more of our rights to try and prevent it because most people are too stupid to realize how effective individual effort can be in terms of combatting crime.

We're literally going to get to the point where we trade our very last ounce of freedom in order to help prevent 1 out of every billion people from dying per year from God only knows what. We'll have traded all of our freedoms for safety. Life will be shitty, but at least it will be plentiful. Perfect.

Do you feel the same way about terrorist attacks?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Yes the media does control the country. But now days, the people have a louder voice with the use of social media.
    Pity.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,442
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

Pity.
    Pithy
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

True. The pure Hate that exists for Trump among liberals makes the Teabaggers hate of Obama seem like a Book Club disagreement.

Trump could open up the borders, mandate that Women make 10% more than males for the same job, and call for 50% mandatory alternative energy by 2020 and the #resistance still wouldn't vote for him.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Swaye said:

Seems like some here are upset that their fake campaign issue for November has been defused

I know Trump has pissed off some of his base. That kind of goes with compromise to get shit done that I have heard is what moderates and libs want from him

Guess not

If he's pissed off @Swaye he's pissed off America

Hey, we both know I voted for him because I would have voted for a rock over Hillary, but I also hoped he'd do three things:

Deregulate and lower taxes - DONE
    Piss off all of Washington DC - DONE
    Not fuck with the 2nd Amendment - Uh oh....
    I agree with your analysis. As I have said, I'm not a gun guy but I'll shoot anyone that wants to take yours.

This is a political move by a non politician that could in fact backfire.

There is concern that the sheer volume of the anti gun crowd after yet another shooting could have an impact this November.

Personally I don't listen to moderates who vote democrat anyway and prefer scorched earth Trump but he's working the crowd.
    nah. but it has confused the fuck out of doogie.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    RedRocket said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

The country is for broad-based bipartisan modernized gun legislation.

Why aren't you?

What in the fuck. You seriously went from "don't infringe on my guns" to that in like a week. And the only change was your fearless leader said to. Nice work!!!
    Wrong. Doogie initially wanted local solutions until Trump put forward a federal agenda. Now Doogie wants higher taxes to increase funding for armed school guards, teacher weapons training, mental health support services and a stronger social media police state presence while also limiting access to assault rifles and automatic weapons modifications.
    If I like my police state, can I keep it?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I fully expect Stable Genius to backtrack on his comments yesterday about guns. Followed shortly by doogie doing a complete 180 on his stance as well. What a coincidence!

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Good (Great) news! Can't wait to hear all about it.

• Options
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Bump.

Hondo doubles down on getting owned
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,567