Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mass murders: Europe vs. US of A

LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
Keep hearing the arguments about disarming the US more like Europe. Which I think would never work for a number of reasons but I looked at "rampage killings". Unfortunately Wikipedia appears to be the best source so the info probly sucks.
Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers_(Europe)
the Americas (includes more than just US but mostly US https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers_(Americas)

Wiki's criteria for the list
This list should contain every case with at least one of the following features:

Rampage killings with 6 or more dead
Rampage killings with at least 4 people killed and least ten victims overall (dead plus injured)
Rampage killings with at least 2 people killed and least 12 victims overall (dead plus injured)
An incidence of rampage killing shall not be included in this list if it does not include at least two people killed.
In all cases the perpetrator is not counted among those killed or injured.

But I noticed that the Norway idiot that took out 77 and injured 110 was not included so I added those numbers - the numbers below are from 2000 to the present

US leads by
deaths Injured Europe Dead Injured
69 270 252 468
USA Dead Injured
321 738

for us having 250 milllion guns we are not as efficient as the Europeans - they have had more years of experience so that makes sense.

By the way the wiki pages are sortable and is rather chinteresting or not

Comments

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    edited February 2018
    Think you missed this part of the table:

Only the first 15 entries are shown here. For the entire list see: List of rampage killers (Americas)

Not included are school massacres, workplace killings, hate crimes or familicides, which form their own categories.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    When we stand by as Messico slowly takes over Central and South America, and kills 6 million Jews ...

I'll give a fuck about comparisons to Europe.

Signed,

Defending Two Time World War Champion
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,669 Standard Supporter
    topdawgnc said:

When we stand by as Messico slowly takes over Central and South America, and kills 6 million Jews ...

Signed,

One was a half-global-natty shared with Stalin's boys.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter

Think you missed this part of the table:

Only the first 15 entries are shown here. For the entire list see: List of rampage killers (Americas)

Not included are school massacres, workplace killings, hate crimes or familicides, which form their own categories.
    updates coming soon Thanks @UWhuskytskeet - can't expect me to have reading comprehension while drinking do you
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

topdawgnc said:

Signed,

Are you from Oregon.
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Signed,

Are you from Oregon.
    The Throbber is from and at everywhere. OmnipotentThrobber, so to speak.

We are all Throbber.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    Updated numbers - really surprised at the European numbers - bunch of rednecks there
    Formatting is my strong point

Europe

Type Deaths Injuries
    Rampage General 175 358
    Soldiers 28 12
    Schools 56 31
    Racial, Religious, etc 125 528
    Total 384 929

US of A

Type Deaths Injuries
    Rampage General 273 683
    Soldiers 28 47
    Schools 115 98
    Racial, Religious, etc 49 58
    Totals 465 886

Reference tables:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers Then used the links on the table to the right for complete listings. Used Americas eliminating all but US, Europe, Workplace, Soldiers, Schools, Racial Religious Hate – the ones I thought would reflect firearm incidents

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers_(Americas) this should be a complete listing
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers_(Europe) This should be a complete listing
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Near the same amount of victims, Moar kill shots by the American shooters.

USA! USA! USA!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

Near the same amount of victims, Moar kill shots by the American shooters.

USA! USA! USA!

Look what you have created Derek.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

Yea but something about Sweden or something

The Vikings slaughtered half of Europe without guns

Yes, please....slaughter me.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

We need commonsense laws on double-handed battle axes. A 20 tides waiting period at minimum
    YBFE

I had to look up tides. FML.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

topdawgnc said:

Signed,

Only because we didn't listen to Coach Patton and win the whole thing
    We promised the Europeans freedom. It would be worse than dishonorable not to see they have it. This might mean war with the Russians, but what of it? They have no Air Force anymore , their gasoline and ammunition supplies are low. I've seen their miserable supply trains; mostly wagons draw by beaten up old hoses or oxen.
    I'll say this; the Third Army alone with very little help and with damned few casualties,could lick what is left of the Russians in six weeks. You mark my words. Don't ever forget them. Someday we will have to fight them and it will take six years and cost us six
    million lives.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

topdawgnc said:

Signed,

Only because we didn't listen to Coach Patton and win the whole thing
    We promised the Europeans freedom. It would be worse than dishonorable not to see they have it. This might mean war with the Russians, but what of it? They have no Air Force anymore , their gasoline and ammunition supplies are low. I've seen their miserable supply trains; mostly wagons draw by beaten up old hoses or oxen.
    I'll say this; the Third Army alone with very little help and with damned few casualties,could lick what is left of the Russians in six weeks. You mark my words. Don't ever forget them. Someday we will have to fight them and it will take six years and cost us six
    million lives.
    And a little more from George:

The Russians are mongols. They are Slavs and a lot of them used to be
    ruled by ancient Byzantium. From Genghis Kahn to Stalin, they have not changed. They never will and we will never learn, at least , not until it is too late.

We have destroyed what could have been a good race of people and we are about to replace them with mongolian savages and all of Europe with communism.

General Anders of the Polish 2 corps told me that if his corps got between a German Army and a Russian Army he would have trouble deciding which direction to fight.

The one thing which I could not say then, and cannot yet say, is that my chief interest in establishing order in Germany was to prevent Germany from going communist. I am afraid that our foolish and utterly stupid policy regard to Germany will certainly cause them to join the Russians and there by insure communistic state throughout western europe.

Re-visiting Patton, I have decided to become an unapologetic right winger once again, no matter the intellectual cost. I apologize for all that I have done. I'll behave now.