Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

4th round is my totally uneducated guess.

Feels about right. Adoree Jackson snuck into the first round thanks to his punt return skills and he's not as good as Pettis (GOAT), and i'm not sure he was as good of a corner as Pettis was a WR. But I think Pettis is closer to his ceiling coming out than Jackson was (who wasn't coached, obviously). I'm guessing 3rd round.

Swaye said:

4th round is my totally uneducated guess.

3rd at worst. If you look at him just as a WR, then yes he mostly likely a 4/5 round talent. But being the greatest return man in college history puts him in solid 3rd. If he runs a low 4.4 on the 40. He might sneak in to the late 2nd round.
    He ran in the low 4.4s at the Husky combine last year IIRC
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Pettis is a weird player for the NFL because he can’t really seperate in and out of breaks. However he is just unreal when running in the open field.

I never understood why we didn’t try to get him more tunnel screens etc then I realized our offensive brain trust is a bunch of fuckwits and I solved the mystery.

As a PR guy, he’s just magical. I don’t know how much the NFL values that though.

My guess is he runs like 4.44 - and if he does he’ll get into the third round. A disappointing 40 time might push him way down.

exactly. his body control is really deceptive because his legs get almost wobbly (on purpose) and he has those delayed pause steps and foot drags that defenders can't adjust to. as much as i don't think he projects as a WR in the NFL his hands are amazing and his intangibles make you wonder if he can do it.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Meek said:

Pettis is a weird player for the NFL because he can’t really seperate in and out of breaks. However he is just unreal when running in the open field.

I never understood why we didn’t try to get him more tunnel screens etc then I realized our offensive brain trust is a bunch of fuckwits and I solved the mystery.

As a PR guy, he’s just magical. I don’t know how much the NFL values that though.

My guess is he runs like 4.44 - and if he does he’ll get into the third round. A disappointing 40 time might push him way down.

exactly. his body control is really deceptive because his legs get almost wobbly (on purpose) and he has those delayed pause steps and foot drags that defenders can't adjust to. as much as i don't think he projects as a WR in the NFL his hands are amazing and his intangibles make you wonder if he can do it.
    He would be nice fit for the patriots or the packers. Definitely not a number one option, but great complementary WR
    Meek said:

He's fast, a great leaper and has great hands. He's not going to be a superstar but there's no reason he can't be a very good #2 or #3 receiver in the NFL.

Remember he has spent his entire career catching passes from Jake Browning and Cyler Miles (with a sprinkling of Lindyquist, Black Power and Kijana Carter). He's probably better than we realize.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    dnc said:

Meek said:

He's fast, a great leaper and has great hands. He's not going to be a superstar but there's no reason he can't be a very good #2 or #3 receiver in the NFL.

Remember he has spent his entire career catching passes from Jake Browning and Cyler Miles (with a sprinkling of Lindyquist, Black Power and Kijana Carter). He's probably better than we realize.
    I think playing with shell shocked downsox this year really hurt draft status
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    He was our? top rated QB
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    2nd round, at worst.

Cook it.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    This is a really weak year for wide receivers. After Ridley & Washington it gets pretty bad. Late 2nd early 3rd would be my guess. He should do really well at the combine.

#neverforget

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

2nd round, at worst.

Cook it.

Why don't you just come out and say I'm an idiot.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club
    Look at Kearse who somehow made a rather remarkable career with some huge catches and he is about half as talented as Pettis

Where you end up has so much to do with how you end up
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,409 Founders Club

Look at Kearse who somehow made a rather remarkable career with some huge catches and he is about half as talented as Pettis

Location! Location! Location!
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam

Location! Location! Location!
    Need it sold? Call Kim.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    pat_hm said:

This is a really weak year for wide receivers. After Ridley & Washington it gets pretty bad. Late 2nd early 3rd would be my guess. He should do really well at the combine.

#neverforget

This was the most erect moment of my Doog life.