Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DDY, Coker ...

Reading the Bru McCoy article

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Inside-the-rise-and-recruitment-of-five-star-Bru-McCoy-115470290/Amp

- sounds like a slow strategy kid with a super high ceiling.
- has succesful parents that understand Petersen's philosophy. Like Julius Irvin's dad.
- has encouraging things to say about his recruitment process with Washington.
- is going to the 2019 Poly bowl.
- on more than a few instances Danny Shelton's influence as an honorary coach at this year's Poly bowl was mentioned. This cannot be understated or underestimated. It's like having defacto recruiting there.

So, how the fuck can we ensure that former Washington players occupy these positions?

Like we need Vita Vea there right there fucking yesyerday. Same situation, first round draft pick ... Washington grad ...

Did I mention that Bru McCoy is playing there next year as well as a shitload of high end talent?

What do you guys say? What's the politics?

Comments

• Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Does he wants to stay close or get away for college?

“It is intriguing to think about that,” McCoy said. “To go to a completely different state and lifestyle and environment, but at the same time it’s a bit scary being from California where weather is the way it is, you become adept to certain things throughout your day. I don’t think personally anything will turn me off from a school because of where it is but of the schools I’m actually considering, going forward, my only issue would be I ultimately would want to live in California at the end of my career so why would I leave the state where I want to network myself?"
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

He mentioned the weather which is basically Gavin Morris's entire sales pitch.

Game over, man. Game over.

*inserts screen shot of Los Angeles weather from iphone
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

He said in an interview "the only reason why I haven't committed already..." to USC.

He will go there and he will be like JuJu - a guy who is athletically gifted that has flashes of insane talent, but ultimately a weirdly disappointing career.

Or he might injure his back!

He'll go to USC, show flashes without much production, still get drafted in the 3rd round and then be a Pro Bowler within two years.

It pisses me off that his college career will be wasted at USC when we could compete for a natty with guys like that.

Is it better to admit defeat right away, or tell myself that at least Joe Ngata might come here and thus set myself up for a bigger let-down down the road, potentially making me spiral into alcoholism?
    *Your not already there? Fuck is wrong with you?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    guntlove said:

He said in an interview "the only reason why I haven't committed already..." to USC.

He will go there and he will be like JuJu - a guy who is athletically gifted that has flashes of insane talent, but ultimately a weirdly disappointing career.

He'll go to USC, show flashes without much production, still get drafted in the 3rd round and then be a Pro Bowler within two years.

It pisses me off that his college career will be wasted at USC when we could compete for a natty with guys like that.

Is it better to admit defeat right away, or tell myself that at least Joe Ngata might come here and thus set myself up for a bigger let-down down the road, potentially making me spiral into alcoholism?
    All the alcohol is frozen in Norway, makes mass consumption challenging.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    dnc said:

guntlove said:

All the alcohol is frozen in Norway, makes mass consumption challenging.
    Helps Finland, IMO.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2018
    We’ll be reported as being right in the mix for awhile. He will love his visit this Spring/Summer. Then he will commit to USC.